• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Great Chocolate Cake Recipe in 12" Skillet?

In summary, the Pampered Chef recommends using their recipe for the German Cho cake, which is a chocolate cake with a pudding-like filling. The Pina Colada cake was also delicious.
stefani2
I would love to have the option of having a Chocolate cake made in my 12" Executive Skillet. I made the Turtle Fudge Skillet cake and it was delicious but a bit crumbly. Any suggestions on what to do with THIS recipe? OR is there other AMAZING Skillet Cake recipes?

crumbly? ummm.. I always make this cake and mine comes out moist!

Crumbly sounds like not enough liquid or cooked too long.

Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie
The Pampered Chef ®
2005 F/W Season’s Best Page 24

1 package (19-21 oz) fudge brownie mix (plus ingredients to make cake-like brownies)
1 bar (4 oz) fine-quality bittersweet chocolate
2 cups water
1 jar (12 oz) chocolate fudge ice cream topping
1/2 teaspoon Pantry Double Strength Vanilla
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
Powdered sugar
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray bottom of Family (12-in.) Skillet with nonstick cooking spray. In Classic Batter Bowl, prepare brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies. Spread batter over bottom of skillet. Cut chocolate into small pieces using Crinkle Cutter. Sprinkle chocolate evenly over batter.

Combine water and ice cream topping in Large Micro-Cooker®; whisk until well blended using Stainless Whisk. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 5-6 minutes or until mixture comes to a full boil. Whisk until blended; stir in vanilla. (Mixture will be thin.) Carefully pour ice cream topping mixture over brownie batter in a circular pattern.

Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until sauce is bubbling around edges. (Top of brownie will appear very saucy, but will thicken as it cools.) Using Silicone Oven Mitt, carefully remove skillet from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack.

Coarsely chop almonds using Food Chopper; sprinkle evenly over brownie. Lightly sprinkle with powdered sugar using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Spoon brownie into Simple Additions® Small Bowls using Nylon Spoon and serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.

Yield: 16 servings or 20 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 350, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Carbohydrate 46 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 140 mg, Fiber 1 g

Cook's Tip: To toast almonds in the microwave oven, place almonds in Small Oval Baker; microwave on HIGH 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring after each 30-second interval. Cool completely.

If desired, 1 teaspoon vanilla can be substituted for the Double Strength Vanilla.

If desired, 4 squares (1 oz each) bittersweet baking chocolate or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels can be substituted for the bittersweet chocolate bar.

The Pina Colada cake was AMAZING!!!!

If you go online to the use and care page of the skillet, and click on recipes, it gives several for that pan. Check out the German Cho cake, and the Pinapple upside down cake!

thank you everyone. :)

Hello there! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake, it's one of my favorites too! As for a Chocolate Cake recipe in a 12" Executive Skillet, I have just the recipe for you. Our Chocolate Molten Lava Skillet Cake is a crowd-pleaser and perfect for any occasion. The key to avoiding a crumbly texture is to make sure you grease your skillet well and let the cake cool for a few minutes before serving. As for other amazing Skillet Cake recipes, the possibilities are endless! You can try a Lemon Blueberry Skillet Cake or a Caramel Apple Skillet Cake. Let your imagination run wild and have fun experimenting with different flavors. Happy cooking!

1. How do I prepare the skillet for the chocolate cake?

To prepare the skillet, lightly grease it with cooking spray or butter and dust it with flour. This will prevent the cake from sticking to the skillet.

2. Can I use any type of chocolate for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate you prefer. Whether it's milk, dark, or semisweet chocolate, the cake will still turn out delicious. Just make sure to use high-quality chocolate for the best results.

3. What is the baking time for the chocolate cake in a 12" skillet?

The baking time for the chocolate cake will vary depending on your oven and the type of skillet you use. Generally, it takes about 30-35 minutes to bake in a 12" skillet. It's important to check the cake with a toothpick inserted in the center to ensure it's fully cooked.

4. Can I add any toppings or fillings to the chocolate cake?

Absolutely! You can add your favorite toppings or fillings to the chocolate cake. Some popular options include fresh berries, whipped cream, or a drizzle of chocolate ganache. Get creative and make it your own!

5. How should I store the leftover chocolate cake?

To store the leftover chocolate cake, cover it with plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the cake for longer storage, just make sure to wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil before placing it in the freezer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisatx04
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lisatx04
  • Sandibeach
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Sandibeach
  • babywings76