• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Converting Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake into Cupcakes: A Recipe Help Guide

In summary, the host wants the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake, but wants them in cupcakes instead. The cookware suggested is the Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan which is less than $40 and is over $100 compared to the skillet cake which would cost $100.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I have a host who wants the turtle fudge skillet cake, but wants them in cupcakes instead.
I have heard that this can be done, but I can't find the thread.

Enlighten me please...my show is on Sat.:cry:

Hmmm. I never heard of this, but I've made the cake at shows many, many times. I guess you just make cupcakes (calls for a Devil's food Cake Mix) and then perhaps you dip them in the topping. I'm thinking dipping because the topping is rather runny. I think you'd have a mess on your hands (literally) if you poured the topping over the cupcakes like you do with the big cake.

HTH

Why does she want cupcakes?

I don't know the recipe but with Jeanine's answer, I would think you could use the small spreader or basting brush to get the topping on instead?!?

Not sure just more thinking outloud.

She thought it would look better for entertaining purposes.

What if you were to do them in the micro in the prep bowls (a la Glazed Mini Lemon Cakes), then melt and drizzle the toppings, etc. from the micro cooker (or cookware to show off the no-drip edge)?

The Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake looks amazing and shows how easy it is to make in the cookware. I would suggest you do it the way it is written.

krzymomof4 said:
She thought it would look better for entertaining purposes.
What is really going to WOW her guests is to see it flipped out of the family skillet! I've been making this cake at shows for 5 years - and it still gets ooohhhs & aaaahhhs every time!(and remember - you aren't her caterer....you are there to sell PC products!)

She is wanting me to use the Silicone Floral Pan

The Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan is less than $40. The cookware is over $100 - go with the cookware. You know the time it needs to bake, it will come out perfect and HER show sales will be higher. You can bring the silicone pan to show off and pass around.

1. How do I adjust the recipe measurements for a larger or smaller serving size?

To adjust the recipe measurements, use the following conversions:
- For smaller servings, divide all ingredients by the desired number of servings.
- For larger servings, multiply all ingredients by the desired number of servings.
For example, if a recipe serves 4 and you need it to serve 8, double all ingredients. If a recipe serves 6 and you only need 3 servings, divide all ingredients by 2.

2. Can I substitute ingredients in the recipe?

Yes, you can substitute ingredients in a recipe. However, keep in mind that this may alter the taste and texture of the dish. It's best to stick to similar ingredients in terms of flavor and consistency. For example, you can substitute chicken broth with vegetable broth, but not with milk.

3. How do I know when the dish is done cooking?

The best way to know if a dish is done cooking is to use a thermometer. Different foods have different safe internal temperatures, so make sure to research the recommended temperature for the specific dish you are making. You can also use visual cues, such as golden brown crust or clear juices, to determine if the dish is cooked to your liking.

4. I don't have a specific kitchen tool or appliance mentioned in the recipe. Can I still make the dish?

Most likely, yes. Many kitchen tools and appliances can be substituted with similar items. For example, if a recipe calls for a food processor, you can use a blender or a hand mixer instead. However, keep in mind that the end result may vary slightly. You can also check out our website for alternative techniques and tools for specific recipes.

5. Can I prepare the dish ahead of time and reheat it later?

Yes, many dishes can be prepared ahead of time and reheated later. However, certain ingredients, such as leafy greens and delicate herbs, may lose their texture and flavor when reheated. It's best to research the specific dish you are making to determine if it can be reheated successfully. You can also check out our website for make-ahead recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • lisatx04
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lisatx04
  • ashkay