• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Chocolate Skillet Cake Recipe

In summary, the recipe for Chocolate Skillet Cake can be found in the 2005 Fall/Winter Season's Best cookbook. The recipe calls for a package of devil's food cake mix, a bar of fine-quality bittersweet chocolate, water, a jar of chocolate fudge ice cream topping, and sliced almonds. The recipe can be made in a Family 12-in. Skillet by spraying the bottom with nonstick cooking spray, mixing the cake mix by hand until smooth, pouring the batter over the bottom of the skillet, cutting the chocolate into small pieces, combining the water and ice cream topping in a Large Micro-cooker, microwaving the mixture for 5-6 minutes, pouring the ice cream topping mixture over the brown
ValerieHurtado
Can someone please send me the recipe for Chocolate Skillet Cake? I think it was in SB Fall 2005, but I seem to have lost that cookbook :(

There is a Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie in that cookbook. Did you know you can get the Season's Best cookbooks for the past three seasons on CC?

Here you go :)

Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake The Pampered Chef® All the Best Cookbook

1 pkg. (18.25 ozs.) devil’s food cake mix (Plus ingredients to make cake)
1 TBLS. Butter or margarine (Butter works better)
4 squares (1 oz. Each) semi sweet Chocolate for Baking, coarsely Chopped
1 jar (12 ozs.) caramel Ice Cream Topping, divided
½ Cup Pecan Halves, coarsely Chopped
Optional:
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, OR Vanilla Ice Cream

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare Cake Mix according to package directions in Classic Batter Bowl or Stainless Steel Bowl, mixing batter by hand until smooth. Melt butter in Family 12” Skillet over medium heat, tilting skillet to coat bottom. Gently pour batter over bottom of skillet, spreading evenly.
2. Bake uncovered 30-35 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean. Using Oven Mitts, Hot Pad/Trivet or Silicone Glove, carefully remove skillet to Stackable Cooing Rack. Loosen edges of cake; carefully invert cake onto large, heat-safe serving plate. The works great on the Large Simple Additions platter.
3. Coarsely Chop Chocolate Squares into small pieces. Place Chocolate and half of Ice Cream Topping in Small Micro-cooker. Microwave, uncovered on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Carefully spread caramel and chocolate mixture over cake using Large Spreader.
4. Coarsely Chop Pecans using Food Chopper; sprinkle evenly over cake. Drizzle remaining ice cream topping over cake, using V-shaped Cutter, if desired. Let stand until topping is set. Cut into wedges.
5. OPTIONAL: You can also take a container of Cool Whip, that is thawed and put it in the Easy Accent Decorator and pipe some large stars around edge of cake.
6. OPTIONAL: Use the Ice Cream Dipper to Serve with Vanilla Ice Cream if desired

Yield: 12 servings Nutrients per serving: Calories 440, Total Fat 24 g, Saturated Fat
6 g, Cholesterol 85 mg, Carbohydrate 54 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 490 mg, Fiber 2 g (Diabetic Exchanges per Serving: 2 starch, 1½ Fruit, 4 fat [3½ Carb])

Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie 2005 Fall/Winter Season's Best

1 package (19-21 ounces) fudge brownie mix (plus ingredients to make cake-like brownies)
1 bar (4 ounces) fine-quality (Ghirardelli) bittersweet chocolate
2 cups water
1 jar (12 ounces) chocolate fudge ice cream topping
1/2 teaspoon Pantry Double Strength Vanilla
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
Powdered sugar
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray bottom of Family (12-in.) Skillet with nonstick cooking spray. In Classic Batter Bowl, prepare brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies. Spread batter over bottom of skillet. Cut chocolate into small pieces using Crinkle Cutter. Sprinkle chocolate evenly over batter.

2. Combine water and ice cream topping in Large Micro-Cooker(R); whisk until well blended using Stainless Whisk. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 5-6 minutes or until mixture comes to a full boil. Whisk until blended; stir in vanilla. (Mixture will be thin.) Carefully pour ice cream topping mixture over brownie batter in a circular pattern.

3. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until sauce is bubbling around edges. (Top of brownie will appear very saucy, but will thicken as it cools.) Using Silicone Oven Mitt, carefully remove skillet from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack.

4. Coarsely chop almonds using Food Chopper; sprinkle evenly over brownie. Lightly sprinkle with powdered sugar using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Spoon brownie into Simple Additions(R) Small Bowls using Nylon Spoon and serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping, if desired. Use Easy Accent Decorator using Large Star tip to put Whipped Topping on each piece as you serve it. Can also serve with Ice Cream.

Yield: 16 servings or 20 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 350, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Carbohydrate 46 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 140 mg, Fiber 1 g

Oh YUMMY!! I just made this last night to test it out for my Chocolate shows in February and it was delicious!! This makes a huge number of servings so it will go far with a large crowd too.

I did this demo back when cookware was on special (earning the Executive cookware...) and it went over really well. If you want to save tons of time and do a shortened demo, bake the cake at home and bring it to the hosts home already on the SA large square platter. I am really trying to streamline and shorten my demo time and this worked very well!

Or you could bake it as soon as you get there and have the host's home smell fabulous!

1. What ingredients do I need for the chocolate skillet cake recipe?

The ingredients for the chocolate skillet cake recipe are 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup milk, 1/4 cup unsalted butter, 1 large egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1/2 cup chocolate chips.

2. Can I substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour?

Yes, you can substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour of your choice. Just make sure to follow the recommended measurement conversions for the specific flour you are using.

3. How many servings does the chocolate skillet cake recipe make?

This recipe makes about 6-8 servings, depending on how big you cut the slices.

4. Can I use a regular cake pan instead of a skillet?

Yes, you can use a regular cake pan instead of a skillet. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly, as a cake pan may take longer to bake than a skillet.

5. Can I add any other toppings to the chocolate skillet cake?

Absolutely! You can add toppings such as whipped cream, ice cream, fresh berries, or chocolate drizzle to make the cake even more delicious. Get creative and have fun with it!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Chefstover2
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • janetgia