• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling to Pick Up the Phone? Need Tips for Easier Phone Handling?

In summary, anyone have suggestion for making the phone easier to pick up - I don't know why I suddenly have phone fear. Maybe I am putting to much pressure on myself. I am really tring to focus a
Kathytnt
Anyone have suggestion for making the phone easier to pick up - I don't know why I suddenly have phone fear. Maybe I am putting to much pressure on myself.
Is it kind of early to be booking for January?? I am rather limited on my days I can do shows due to travel and such.
I am really tring to focus a little more on recruiting but I can never seem to catch anyone at home.

Hi Kathy!

I do not have the great words of wisdom for getting you on the phone. It can be intimidating. However, have you ever heard of the 100 No's document. You basically make a game for yourself to get 100 no's. Once you get to 100 no's, you get to give yourself a gift. Basically if you actually can get 100 no's, you are also going to get yes'.

In regards to January, now is the BEST time to book it. My Director taught me to have January booked by Thanksgiving. Otherwise people are too busy to consider what they will want in January. The other key to a successful January is to stay in contact all of December. A weekly letter will keep you in your hosts' thoughts.

Thanks!
Lisa

I def. think now is a good time to be booking January! My director and I were just talking today about trying to book 2 months ahead. If you wait till December people are going to be so busy with the holidays they won't be thinking of hosting shows. As far as getting on the phone goes, well if you figure out the magic solution please share it with me. LOL. I have the same problem. In fact I was sitting here eariler looking at a list of 7 people to call and only made 2 phone calls. It's so easy to make excuses of why not to pick up that phone!

mom2leelee said:
As far as getting on the phone goes, well if you figure out the magic solution please share it with me. LOL. I have the same problem. In fact I was sitting here eariler looking at a list of 7 people to call and only made 2 phone calls. It's so easy to make excuses of why not to pick up that phone!

I know what you mean! I have a list of customer care calls to make, but I keep making excuses as to why whatever time it is isn't a good time to call. Of course, I was right tonight. I called a guests & asked if it was a good time to chat for 2 minutes & she was in the middle of hosting a Home Interiors party! Whoops!

ChefLisa said:
In regards to January, now is the BEST time to book it. My Director taught me to have January booked by Thanksgiving. Otherwise people are too busy to consider what they will want in January. The other key to a successful January is to stay in contact all of December. A weekly letter will keep you in your hosts' thoughts.

My Director taught me this too! I let people know it's because of the busy holiday season. People get freaked out once Thanksgiving hits. They feel the pressure of all that needs to be done and they don't think they can handle one more thing. If you just give them a guest list first (like I do), they can fill that out while they are working on their Christmas cards.

Tell people that you book your January by Thanksgiving. It lends a send of urgency to the situtation and that is usually helpful.

Something my director gave us awhile back to get over the phone phobia...was a fake mini $100 bill that was laminated. I taped it onto the back of my cordless phone. That way, every time I looked at that phone I saw this $100; which is the average we make per show. So just think, each time you pick up the phone, you could be making $100.:)

My Director is a genius!!My director is so much fun and I just love her ideas and enthusiasm.
She actually does a booking blitz with us once a month where we all meet on the phone on a conference call and get a little coaching, ideas, and encouragement. Then we get on the phone to try to book as many kitchen and catalog shows as we can. We have to have a list of people to call and we have to try to make as many calls as we can in two hours. Of course with four kids, a kitten, a puppy, a husband, and dinner to prepare it can be challenging but it usually starts at 7pm and ends at 9 pm in the summer. Now I think we are shooting for 6 pm - 8 pm since school started. We did it last month but a little different. We had a whole week to try to make calls and get bookings, then we had to send her an email to let her know how we did. I won a $25 restaurant gift card!!
It's fun and the winner always gets a prize. It's a great incentive and we have been doing it for so long that I am already used to it and feel like it's a part of my business that I can't do without. It is encouraging to know others are calling also and that we are doing this to:
#1 GET BOOKINGS
#2 Drop that fear of calling people
#3 Generate new leads (referrals)
#4 Win a prize!!

It's great!! And I am glad she introduced us to the booking blitz!! Accountability is good. Even though these are OUR businesses it helps to have a director who cares and asks us to be honest about how much time we are putting into our business. If it's one hour in a month, then we shouldn't expect too much from that. We even had an accountability email sent to us each day for a whole month to ask us what we have been doing. It was a great idea. It worked out and it really got me to work harder since I had to be honest and send her an email about what I did that day for my business. My director is a genius and her excitement is contagious!!!

Debbie :D

Debbie :D

What are some common reasons for having trouble picking up the phone?

There are a few reasons why you might be having trouble picking up the phone. One possibility is that your phone's ringer volume may be turned down or muted. Another reason could be that your phone's battery is low or your phone is not properly charged. Additionally, check to make sure there are no technical issues with your phone or phone line that could be causing the problem.

How can I improve my phone's ringer volume?

To improve your phone's ringer volume, check the settings on your phone to see if the volume is turned down or muted. You can also try adjusting the volume control on your phone or using a headset with a built-in amplifier. If you are still having trouble, consider getting a phone with a louder ringer or using a separate ringer amplifier.

What should I do if my phone's battery is low?

If your phone's battery is low, try charging the phone for a longer period of time. If this does not work, you may need to replace the battery. Make sure to use the correct type of battery for your phone and follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper installation.

What should I do if my phone is not working properly?

If your phone is not working properly, try resetting the phone by turning it off and then back on. If this does not solve the issue, consider contacting your phone's manufacturer for assistance or bringing the phone to a professional for repair.

How can I prevent future issues with picking up the phone?

To prevent future issues with picking up the phone, make sure to regularly charge your phone and replace the battery when needed. Keep your phone's settings and software updated, and consider investing in a phone with a louder ringer or using a headset with a built-in amplifier if you have difficulty hearing the phone ring.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ejleinenbach
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
  • yummybytes
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
yummybytes
  • kcmckay