• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Magic Jack Louder: A Generation Resents Home Phones

In summary, the conversation revolved around the speaker's struggle with reception in their home and their decision to use magic jack as a solution. However, they are now experiencing issues with being able to hear phone calls and are wondering if there is a way to make the magic jack louder or if they should invest in an ATT tower to boost their cell phone signal. Other participants in the conversation shared their own experiences with similar issues and offered suggestions such as getting a new phone or using a module to improve signal strength. Ultimately, it was concluded that magic jack may not be suitable for a primary business line and finding a different cell carrier may be a better solution.
magentablue
I'm from the generation that resents having a home phone. I am having trouble getting reception in my home, and it's too cold to run outside every time I get a phone call, so I decided to get magic jack.

It worked ok at first, but now I can't hear my phone calls. It's really embarassing. I have the phone turned all the way up, and I barely hear a whisper on the other end. I can catch every 2nd or 3rd word, generally, and can follow along the conversation that way, but it stinks!

I really can't justify the expense of a home phone (yes, I know it's a business expense, but I really am strapped, plus, I'm sure it's a stupid generational thing, but I got rid of a landline in the 1990s, I feel like it's stepping back in time).

Anyone know how to make the magic jack louder so I can have a phone long enough to make my PC calls?

Alternatively, does anyone know about the tower thing for ATT so I can make my cell phone signal stronger in my house? Does anyone know what that costs? Does it increase your risk of cancer?

Thanks!

It might be your phone. You may need to get a different phone for it.
My parents have a land line that they use for local calls only (because of course those don't count as "free cell to cell") and it was doing the same thing. I dreaded answering it because I knew I'd never be able to hear the other person. Finally they just bought a whole new phone for it and it worked just fine!

I have a co-worker who is trying the tower thing. I don't know about the cancer risks, but I think they are getting a special price of $75 to purchase it and $5 a month to have it. It's a last ditch effort from AT&T before they change carriers. They have phones from the other carrier and they are trying the tower, the new carrier is winning. It makes her sad because she loves her iPhone but she's fed up with the crummy reception.

My in-laws bought the module thing to make the signal stronger in their house. (They are Verizon Wireless customers) They love what it's done for them.
Trust me, there were 3 spots in their house before that got service, seriously.
Two steps to the south when standing under the lightbulb in my husband's old room, standing on the west chair of the kitchen table,
and in the doorway of the tack room in the horse barn.
Now they get service everywhere and it's done wonders.

My sisters both have Magic Jack. They have both given up on it. Seeing how important the phone is to our business, I would NEVER use Magic Jack as my primary business line.I'd find another cell carrier.

1. How can I make my Magic Jack louder?

One way to make your Magic Jack louder is to adjust the volume settings on your device. You can also try using a headset or external speakers to amplify the sound.

2. Why is my Magic Jack volume low?

There could be several reasons for low volume on your Magic Jack. It could be due to a weak internet connection, outdated software, or a faulty device. Try troubleshooting these issues to improve the volume.

3. Can I use a different phone with my Magic Jack?

Yes, you can use any telephone with your Magic Jack as long as it has a standard phone jack. You can also purchase a Magic Jack adapter to connect to cordless phones or fax machines.

4. How do I set up my Magic Jack for the first time?

To set up your Magic Jack, plug it into a power source and connect it to your computer or router. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the registration process and start making calls.

5. Is Magic Jack compatible with all home phones?

Yes, Magic Jack is compatible with most home phones that have a standard phone jack. However, some older or specialty phones may not be compatible. It is always best to check with Magic Jack's customer support for specific compatibility questions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies