• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal aQuestion About Smart Phones and Qik Video Chats

In summary, Qik video chat is available on both Android and iOS devices and uses an average of 3-4 MB per minute. It also uses encryption for security and allows for group video calls with up to 12 people. Additionally, Qik offers features such as screen sharing, live streaming, and video messaging.
MissChef
Gold Member
Hi.. I want to know if any of you have used the application Qik Video! Especially the Video chat part of it.. I need to know if charges you through your telephone.. like your minutes.. or if it's through your data package? Is it like internet phone where it's done through the internet and doesn't even show up on your phone records or what? We are trying to do a surprise for someone and set it up so she can talk to her son overseas, but she doesn't have a whole lot of minutes.. but has a good data plan.. so if anyone knows, would you please advise! Thank you! :)

I don't know about Qik Video, but my brother and sister both have iPhones and use the FaceTime app to video chat. They only use it when both have access to WiFi, when they do that, it's all via internet and there is no separate charges. If they were to use it outside of WiFi, it would be internet useage, and would go from the data plan (plus you'd have to have a good enough connection to get a good picture etc.).

Hey there! I haven't personally used Qik Video, but from what I've heard, it does use data to make video calls. So if your friend has a good data plan, she should be able to use it without worrying about using up her minutes. It's basically like making a call through the internet, so it won't show up on her phone records. Hope that helps! Good luck with the surprise for your friend :)

1. Can I use Qik video chat on any type of smart phone?

Yes, Qik video chat is available on both Android and iOS devices.

2. How much data does a Qik video chat use?

The amount of data used during a Qik video chat will vary depending on the length and quality of the call, but on average it uses about 3-4 MB per minute.

3. Is Qik video chat secure?

Qik uses encryption to ensure that your video chats are secure and private.

4. Can I make group video calls with Qik?

Yes, Qik allows you to make group video calls with up to 12 people at a time.

5. Does Qik have any additional features besides video chat?

Yes, Qik also has features such as screen sharing, live streaming, and video messaging.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Teresa Lynn
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jwpamp
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies