• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Efficiently Importing Contacts to Outlook: Tips for Organizing Phone Numbers

In summary, unfortunately there is no way to specify which phone numbers import into which Outlook numbers during the import process. However, you can manually edit the contact information after the import or use a third-party tool with custom mapping options.
mrshamel3808
Gold Member
Is there a way to specify which phone numbers import into which Outlook numbers? When I import contacts it always put the P3 day phone as the Outlook business phone, the P3 evening phone as the home phone and I don't think it even imports the cell phone. It really screws up when I need to import my Outlook into iContact or my Blackberry. Anyone know how to do this? (I'd ask my hubby but he's away)

Depending on what type of file you are importing, there may be options to specify which fields map to which fields. Some contact managers have built-in mappings, so you could try looking for that option. If not, then you could try using a third-party tool to convert the file format before importing it into Outlook. For example, you could use a tool like vCard Converter to convert the file to a vCard (VCF) format, then import the vCard into Outlook. This should allow you to specify which fields map to which fields.

Unfortunately, there is no way to specify which phone numbers import into which Outlook numbers during the import process. This is because Outlook has a default mapping for phone number fields and it cannot be changed.However, you can manually edit the contact information after the import by going to the contact's profile and clicking on the phone number field. From there, you can select the appropriate phone number type (e.g. home, work, mobile) for each number.Alternatively, you can also use a third-party contact management software that allows for custom mappings of phone numbers during the import process. Some examples are FullContact, Contacts+, and Zoho ContactManager. These tools allow you to map specific fields from your imported contacts to the corresponding fields in Outlook, giving you more control over how your contact information is organized.

1. How do I import my contacts from a different email program into Outlook?

To import contacts from another email program into Outlook, go to the File menu and select "Import and Export." Then, choose "Import from another program or file" and follow the prompts to select the file containing your contacts and import them into Outlook.

2. Can I import my calendar events from Google Calendar into Outlook?

Yes, you can import your Google Calendar events into Outlook. First, export your Google Calendar as an .ics file. Then, in Outlook, go to the File menu and select "Open & Export." Choose "Import/Export" and follow the prompts to import the .ics file into your Outlook calendar.

3. Is it possible to import my emails from another email account into Outlook?

Yes, you can import emails from another email account into Outlook. Go to the File menu and select "Open & Export," then choose "Import/Export." Select "Import from another program or file" and follow the prompts to import your emails into Outlook.

4. Can I import multiple contacts at once into Outlook?

Yes, you can import multiple contacts at once into Outlook. To do so, first, save all the contacts you want to import into a single file, such as a .csv or .pst file. Then, go to the File menu and select "Open & Export," followed by "Import/Export." Choose "Import from another program or file" and follow the prompts to select and import your file of contacts into Outlook.

5. Will importing my data into Outlook affect my original files?

No, importing data into Outlook will not affect your original files. The import process creates a copy of your data within Outlook, leaving your original files untouched. However, any changes made to the data within Outlook will not be reflected in the original files.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • beepampered
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • esavvymom