• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Computer Illiterate? Import Contacts from Yahoo Mail to Your Website

In summary, Ann is computer illiterate and is having trouble importing her Yahoo contacts into her personal website contacts. She exports her contacts to a CSV file and imports them into Customer Connection. She calls tech support and is told there is a way to eliminate duplicates and delete those she doesn't want.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I am completely computer illiterate! There I said it...

Is there a way for me to import my contacts from Yahoo mail into my personal website contacts? My problem is after I put all my contacts into PP and then into my email for my newsletter I always forget to put them into my website contacts (very lazy!). I do have some from early on in my business but not any from the last 6 months. I do not want to have to type them all up by hand :yuck:

I think I heard that P3 has a connection thing that will import them for you but 1) I'm not in P3 and 2) PP doesn't have all my email address, when I get someone from a booth, I usually put them in my Yahoo mail so they are on my newsletter list.

Finally, I know I may end up with duplicate names that are already on my website contacts. Is there away to avoid this??

Thanks for helping and possibly understanding that I really don't know what I'm doing when I sit in front of a computer all day (yes, my day job is all on the computer, I know how to make it do what I want it to do and that's about it).

I don't have Yahoo for my mail, but there's usually a way to do what you need. There's probably an "export contacts"-type command in Yahoo that exports all your names and addresses to a data file, probably a .csv (comma-delineated). Export to that and save it. Then, go into Customer Connection and click the "Import Contacts" link. Click "Start a new Import."

hmmm.... going into that, there's actually "Yahoo" as a valid file type from which to import. So HO has you covered. You should have no problem importing those addresses.

chefann said:
I don't have Yahoo for my mail, but there's usually a way to do what you need. There's probably an "export contacts"-type command in Yahoo that exports all your names and addresses to a data file, probably a .csv (comma-delineated). Export to that and save it. Then, go into Customer Connection and click the "Import Contacts" link. Click "Start a new Import."

hmmm.... going into that, there's actually "Yahoo" as a valid file type from which to import. So HO has you covered. You should have no problem importing those addresses.

Great, thanks! I'll have to try it tonight. I was wanting to send out something about the stoneware sale to try to get some more sales for this month and didn't really want to make one of my own.

Ann, or anyone else who wants to answer this:

I exported my contacts from Yahoo but there are several that aren't PC contacts and several that are already in my website connections. Will it tell me that I am uploading a duplicate contact if I import these?? And all I would need to do with the personal contacts is just delete them out of the import file right??

I'm pretty computer illiterate and have never done anything like this before!

Yes- there's a function to eliminate duplicates and you can delete those that you don't want.

Thanks! I'll have to try it out later on tonight. I really need to get an email out about the stoneware!

Okay, I must be dumb because I cannot figure it out! I tried exporting out of Yahoo in a Yahoo CSV(?) but when I go to import to my personal website connections it asks for my yahoo account. So when I put that it, it tells me there are no contacts in that account :( So I tried an Outlook CSV(?) and when I go browse for the exported file I have saved on my desk top, it tells me there is an error. Anything else I should try before I call tech support?? I am really computer illiterate - I've said it before. I basically now how to make the computer do what I need it to do for work and this kind of stuff. Outside of that I'm clueless.

Oh yeah, the time I had to change out a hard drive with my brother on the phone - that was fun!

Call tech support. Chances are good that they've encountered the same issue with other people and know exactly what to do to get it to work.

Crap! I was hoping you would have an answer! I'll try to get them called tonight when I get home. I have to pick up my car after work, meet with a host to get some money and then dinner with my IL's at 7. Hopefully that will leave me enough time to call tech support so I can get this resolved and send my email out this weekend! Thanks anyways!

Ann, I figured it out! I don't know what I did but I eventually made it work through Yahoo. It took a while to go through and take out all the contacts that I didn't need but it was so worth it. Now I just need to keep up with it and I don't have to worry about it. I think I'll send a newsletter at the beginning of the month followed by information from the website during the middle of the month. That way they have bridal info, booking info, recruit info, etc that isn't included in my newsletter. Thanks for your help!

chefann said:
Yes- there's a function to eliminate duplicates and you can delete those that you don't want.
I came here searching for this exact thing.....getting the duplicates out of the Customer Connections section once I imported from P3. Is there some sort of command in a menu for this? I think it may have happened automatically, but I still see some duplicates. Like the same person's name but one I may have put their ph # under "day" and in the other it may be listed under "evening." I just don't want some people to get multiple emails from me when I do the power cooking email.

Any thoughts anyone? Ann??? You're the tech guru!!:) :)

Sorry, Becky. I don't use PWS to send email because of people not receiving things. I think that it looks at the percentage of the records that are the same, though, when cleaning up - there should be a screen that comes up and asks you which one you want to keep as the correct info.

pamperedbecky said:
I came here searching for this exact thing.....getting the duplicates out of the Customer Connections section once I imported from P3. Is there some sort of command in a menu for this? I think it may have happened automatically, but I still see some duplicates. Like the same person's name but one I may have put their ph # under "day" and in the other it may be listed under "evening." I just don't want some people to get multiple emails from me when I do the power cooking email.

Any thoughts anyone? Ann??? You're the tech guru!!:) :)

If you have already imported them, you will have to do it manually. When I imported mine, it gave me the option to click on a button and had to go through all the duplicates 1 by 1 to see if I wanted to keep the original, replace with new or delete.

wadesgirl said:
If you have already imported them, you will have to do it manually. When I imported mine, it gave me the option to click on a button and had to go through all the duplicates 1 by 1 to see if I wanted to keep the original, replace with new or delete.
Ewww, yuck. That doesn't sound fun. I realized I think it did take out duplicates. BUT if I have the same person under two different entries, but one I listed their # under day number and the same # under evening number, they are considered two separate entries. So, I do have to go in and weed them out manually.

I know people are getting my emails because they're opting out. Happens every time. I know maybe not everybody's getting them, but hopefully the majority of the 1800 names in my customer connection area will! :eek: I was surprised there were that many! Some are duplicates, of course.

1. Can I import all of my contacts from Yahoo Mail to my website at once?

Yes, you can easily import all of your contacts from Yahoo Mail to your website by following these simple steps:
1. Log into your Yahoo Mail account.
2. Click on the "Contacts" tab at the top of the page.
3. Select all of the contacts you want to import by clicking on the checkbox next to their names.
4. Click on the "Actions" button at the top of the page and select "Export".
5. Choose the format in which you want to export your contacts (e.g. CSV, vCard).
6. Save the file to your computer.
7. Log into your website's backend and navigate to the Contacts or Address Book section.
8. Look for an option to import contacts and follow the prompts to upload the file you saved from Yahoo Mail.
9. Your contacts should now be imported to your website.

2. Do I need any special software to import contacts from Yahoo Mail to my website?

No, you do not need any special software to import contacts from Yahoo Mail to your website. All you need is a computer with internet access and a web browser. The process can be done directly from your Yahoo Mail account and your website's backend.

3. Will importing contacts from Yahoo Mail to my website affect my Yahoo Mail account?

No, importing contacts from Yahoo Mail to your website will not affect your Yahoo Mail account in any way. The process only involves exporting a copy of your contacts from Yahoo Mail and uploading them to your website. Your original contacts in Yahoo Mail will remain unchanged.

4. Can I choose which contacts to import from my Yahoo Mail account?

Yes, when exporting your contacts from Yahoo Mail, you can choose to select only certain contacts or groups to export. This way, you can import only the contacts that you want to add to your website's address book.

5. Is it possible to automatically sync my Yahoo Mail contacts with my website's address book?

Yes, if you frequently update your contacts in Yahoo Mail and want those changes to be reflected on your website, you can set up an automatic sync between the two. This can usually be done through a third-party integration or plugin, so make sure to check with your website's platform or a developer for the best solution.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
MyPony
  • kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • emiscookin