• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Solving an Unusual Problem: August 2005 Pizza Stone Return

that she needs to call first. If that is the case, then offer to have her host a show in Feb and you'll give her the stone at a % off that you can afford. Don't feel bad if you can't do this. This was not your original customer and you can't fix everything.
beepampered
Okay, here's a doozy that I need help with. My show today had a very nice guest who said during intros: "I really like my stoneware but I need help with my large pizza stone that broke. The other consultant I used to purchase it from told me to send it back with the receipt to the home office. I sent it back and I never got another one from them and I need your help getting another one. I really liked it.................I know when I returned it - August 2005. When will I get my other one?"

YES. She really thinks that they will send her another one. I didn't laugh but was a bit taken back. I told her that I would help her after the show but she left early with a note on her order form. She has her old host number written down but it's more than a year old.

So, how much hand holding do I offer her. She is not elderly or seeming to need this much help and I really don't want to go chasing stuff so old down. Any suggestions or does anyone have a magic wand handy? Thanks....Bee

Ya know, some people are just dense! What I would do is call HO and tell them the story....I think we all know what they will say....then offer to give her a discount on a new one. Maybe if her purchase won't mess-up the hosts sales level put it onthe host order and use that discount. Or better yet, see if she'll host a show and get it free.

Bee,This is a weird one! What I would do is call the customer to see if she can remember when she bought it. If she has either the host name and approximate date of purchase, they should be able to find her. Ask HO what their policy is on this type of situation. It may end up that HO can't do anything. If that occurs, you might have a situation on your hands. You can offer to have her host a show in February and you'll give her the stone at a % off that you can afford. Don't feel bad if you can't do this. This was not your original customer and you can't fix everything.Good luck and let us know what happens!

I would let her know that since it is so long ago that they can't verify all the information. and then see if she would like to host a show in feb. She might be able to get MORE than ONE stone! :D

Her old consultant should of explained to her that she needs to call HO so that they put it in their system.

I would ask her if she really wants the round stone she should either have a cooking show or catalog show in Feb. with host special at 60% off OR offer it to her FREE if she has a show...:)

Get the show information from the guest and ask if she has any proof that she mailed it (a receipt from the PO shows that something was mailed to PC) then call HO and give them the information you have. I would ask for a supervisor on this one. You might get lucky. 2005 - I think at that time the guest didn't have to call first. The receipt used to have the address on it with instructions on how to handle the return so she may have followed the correct procedures.

Hopefully that will work. Whether she gets the stone or not ask for the booking once she sees that you are doing all you can to help her.

I have given lots of people free things and helped guests get their items replaced at my cost but I am getting very tired of people taking advantage of us. I think they believe that we get a huge discount or that we can do returns without shipping charges. I especially have a problem with the guest who expects us to give them the moon and doesn't even place an order in return (so it's out of my pocket with no return). Most of the guests who have problems disappear after getting what they want. In almost 5 years I have had TWO people book shows after I helped them. lol

I agree this is an odd one:eek: I would call HO and ask what to do. But really why would she send it away and not do any follow ups herself??? I hope she doesen't expect you to do something when it isn't your fault. Very strange.........

Yes, see what the HO says. They can look up her info since she was a past host and it may state that it was received or something. I had to follow up on a return and it turns out the HO sent it to the host of the show the guest had bought her product from, even though I believe she requested to have it sent to her. Three months later, she wondered why she had never received it, so I called the HO. It turns out the host still had it and hadn't gotten to calling me to ask why she got this random food chopper in the mail.

So, maybe that's what happened with hers? Of course if this was years ago and/or the HO has no record of ever receiving it, there's probably little that can be done. If nothing else works, I would encourage her to write her own letter to PC explaining what happened, especially if she's a really good customer and has bought lots. Let us know what happens!

Hosting a show is sounding pretty easy at this point! If it were me I would say that we can do one of two things one) all previously mentioned ideas (track it down) or two) screw it and get a TON of stoneware free and reduced by host in Feb (double points!)

There is always a chance...

What is the return policy for the August 2005 Pizza Stone?

The return policy for the August 2005 Pizza Stone is the same as our standard return policy. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.

Why is the August 2005 Pizza Stone considered an unusual problem?

The August 2005 Pizza Stone is considered an unusual problem because there was a manufacturing defect with this specific batch of pizza stones. As a result, we had a high number of returns and complaints from customers.

Can I still return my August 2005 Pizza Stone even though it is past the 30-day return window?

Yes, we understand that some customers may not have realized the issue with their August 2005 Pizza Stone until after the 30-day return window. We are happy to still accept returns and provide a full refund or exchange for these defective pizza stones.

Do I need to provide proof of purchase for my August 2005 Pizza Stone return?

Yes, in order for us to process your return, we do require proof of purchase for the August 2005 Pizza Stone. This can be in the form of a receipt, order confirmation email, or packing slip.

What steps is Pampered Chef taking to prevent issues with future batches of pizza stones?

We take product quality very seriously and have taken steps to prevent similar issues with future batches of pizza stones. We have implemented stricter quality control measures and have made improvements to our manufacturing process to ensure the highest quality products for our customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • loreo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • Chozengirl