• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Customer Wants to Return Stone She Broke

In summary, a co-worker's medium bar pan was accidentally broken and she is considering returning it. The guarantee only covers breakage caused while the product is in use, not accidental breakage.
cookingwithhart
One of my co-workers just told me she has a medium bar pan that someone bumped against something and broke a corner off of it and she wants to return it. She remembers going to a show where the consultant said you could return products for any reason and get a replacement. It never would have occurred to me to ask a company to replace a pan that I had broke. I told her that my husband had just dropped my quick stir pitcher and since it wasn't a defect I hadn't thought to ask the company to replace it, but I'd check the policy for her. Does the guarantee really cover accidental breakage? Thanks

Not really - but if customer service doesn't ask how it broke, then it's a loophole. I'd give the customer the customer service number and let her call them.

I've been told (by other consultants & directors) that PC will replace your stone for any reason for 3 yrs.
That's what I tell my customers & I've never had a problem returning a stone for ANY reason (stupidity included).Wonder what others will say about this question though... I might have to rethink my spiel for my shows.

The first year of the guarantee is any reason. Any additional time is for breakage or failure to perform as promised, when the use and care instructions are followed. It's a grey area as to whether accidental breakage is covered when the item is not in use. I'd consider someone knocking it off a counter as "user error" that would not be covered (but a stone breaking in the oven would be, since it's probably due to a manufacturing defect).

I recently had a guest ask me to replace her forged cutlery b/c it was getting rust spots on it. While talking to me she said she puts lemon juice on them to clean off the rust spots...as soon as she takes them out of the DISHWASHER!!!!
OH NO!!! I asked her if she had read her use and care info and she said well no, I asked if she remembered me mentioning the use and care and that the knives are NOT dishwasher safe, she said, well now that you mention it.
I told her that maybe she should see if handwashing the knives will make a difference and she very sheepishly agreed.
I am very much more emphasizing the use and care form for EVERY product and reminding guests that they will void the guarantee by doing what it says NOT to do.

Mis-use and abuse is not the same as a defect.

pampered.chris said:
I recently had a guest ask me to replace her forged cutlery b/c it was getting rust spots on it. While talking to me she said she puts lemon juice on them to clean off the rust spots...as soon as she takes them out of the DISHWASHER!!!!
OH NO!!! I asked her if she had read her use and care info and she said well no, I asked if she remembered me mentioning the use and care and that the knives are NOT dishwasher safe, she said, well now that you mention it.
I told her that maybe she should see if handwashing the knives will make a difference and she very sheepishly agreed.
I am very much more emphasizing the use and care form for EVERY product and reminding guests that they will void the guarantee by doing what it says NOT to do.

This is just as bad as putting them in the dishwasher!

If she is letting the lemon juice soak on her knives, it will eat away and start to pit the knife! :eek::eek:

pampered.chris said:

I repeat details & warnings about the use & care guide at every show about 3-5 times. I drill it into their heads that they MUST READ the U&CC that come with every product. Then I share a cautionary tale. I don't get many returns so maybe it is working!?!?

Thank you all for your input. I haven't stressed the use & care guides at my shows, but I'm going to start doing that! I think I'll give my customer the customer service number and let her call them, then it's out of my hands as to whether it's replaced for free or not. Thanks all.

I, as I know other consultants do, use the "grey area" and do the Adjustment online where there are not many questions asked about the product.

jrstephens said:
I, as I know other consultants do, use the "grey area" and do the Adjustment online where there are not many questions asked about the product.

I wasn't the consultant she bought the stone from, so I don't think I can do the adjustment online. I don't even think the stone is still under warrenty. I think she said it was 4 years old. I know she can get around that easy enough, if she wants to. I'm all for helping out my good customers, and she is one of them, I just personally wouldn't have asked for a refund for something I did, so I feel weird about it I guess.

cookingwithhart said:
I wasn't the consultant she bought the stone from, so I don't think I can do the adjustment online. I don't even think the stone is still under warrenty. I think she said it was 4 years old. I know she can get around that easy enough, if she wants to. I'm all for helping out my good customers, and she is one of them, I just personally wouldn't have asked for a refund for something I did, so I feel weird about it I guess.

If it is not under warranty then you do not have to do anything anyway, that get you completely out of it.

I had an elderly customer who bumped and broke her DCB Lid within a couple months of buying it. She told the rep how she broke it and she refused to do the adjustment. I found her a lid so she can still use her baker.

1. Can I return a broken stone to Pampered Chef?

Yes, Pampered Chef has a satisfaction guarantee and will accept returns for broken stones within 30 days of purchase.

2. What is the process for returning a broken stone?

To return a broken stone, you will need to contact our customer service team at 1-800-999-3433 or email us at [email protected]. Our team will provide you with instructions on how to return the stone.

3. Will I receive a full refund for the broken stone?

Yes, if the broken stone is returned within 30 days of purchase, you will receive a full refund for the cost of the stone. If it is returned after 30 days, you may receive a partial refund or store credit.

4. Do I need to provide proof of purchase for the broken stone?

Yes, we will require proof of purchase for all returns, including broken stones. This can be in the form of a receipt, order confirmation, or credit card statement.

5. Can I exchange the broken stone for a new one?

Unfortunately, we do not offer exchanges for broken stones. However, you can return the broken stone for a refund and purchase a new one separately.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JaimeQ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Christ Follower
  • JaimeQ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
JaimeQ
  • pampered1224