• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! My Pizza Stone is "Leaking" - Can it Be Fixed?

If not, a replacement may be necessary. It's also important to note that using the stone for oily or greasy foods can cause buildup and may lead to leakage. In summary, if cleaning and other methods don't work, it's best to replace the stone to ensure proper use and functionality.
thatgirl2120
One of my customers called me and told me that her pizza stone is "leaking". She said it keeps dripping like crazy--she thinks it might be grease of some kind but she's not really sure.

Is there any way to fix this? I mean, I can do a product adjustment for her to get a replacement, but I know that she has it very seasoned and would like to keep her current one if there is just a way to fix this one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

She needs to replace it. There are hairline fractures that are causing this.

I made the pesto party squares recently and the whole bottom of my rectangle baker felt kind of greasy afterwards.
Has anyone had this happen before? It wasn't leaking like crazy - as mentioned above - but felt greasy on the bottom.
Is it possible mine has a crack too, or can oily things seep through?

My rectangle stone is doing this. I use it for baking cookies all the time. I've noticed it developing a seasoning layer on the underside of it--you can see circles in all the spots that I have cookies positioned on the top side. This last time I used it, I noticed a ton of moisture on the bottom of the stone. It was puddles of water or oil in the same cookie circle spots. I'm going to call HO and get it replaced. This one I bought almost 3 years ago from my now-director.

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear about your customer's pizza stone leaking. It sounds like there may be a buildup of oils or grease on the stone that is causing it to drip. Here are a few tips to try and fix the issue before resorting to a replacement:1. Thoroughly clean the pizza stone: The first thing I would recommend is to clean the stone with hot water and a gentle dish soap. Make sure to scrub off any visible grease or oils that may be causing the leakage. You can also try using a scraper or brush to remove any stubborn buildup.2. Use a baking soda paste: If the first step doesn't work, you can make a paste using equal parts baking soda and water. Apply the paste to the stone and let it sit for a few hours before rinsing it off. This can help to absorb any oils or grease that may be causing the leakage.3. Try a vinegar soak: Another option is to soak the stone in a mixture of equal parts water and white vinegar for a few hours. This can help to break down any buildup on the stone.4. Re-season the stone: If the above steps don't work, you may need to re-season the stone. This involves coating the stone with a thin layer of oil and placing it in the oven at a high temperature for about an hour. This will help to create a non-stick surface and may help to prevent future leakage.I hope these tips help to fix

1. Why is my pizza stone "leaking"?

There are a few reasons why your pizza stone may appear to be "leaking." It could be due to a buildup of oils and food residue on the surface of the stone, which can create a barrier and prevent the stone from absorbing moisture. It could also be caused by a crack or chip in the stone, which can make it less effective at absorbing moisture and distributing heat evenly.

2. Can I still use my pizza stone if it is "leaking"?

It depends on the severity of the leak and the condition of your pizza stone. If the leak is minimal and your stone is still in good shape, you can continue to use it. However, if the leak is excessive or there are cracks or chips in the stone, it may be time to replace it.

3. How can I prevent my pizza stone from "leaking"?

To prevent your pizza stone from "leaking," it is important to properly season and maintain it. Seasoning your stone involves heating it in the oven to allow oils to penetrate the surface, creating a natural non-stick coating. Regularly cleaning your stone and avoiding using soap or harsh chemicals can also help prevent buildup and potential leaks.

4. Can a "leaking" pizza stone be fixed?

If the leak is due to a buildup of oils and residue, it can often be fixed by thoroughly cleaning and re-seasoning the stone. However, if the leak is caused by a crack or chip, it may not be possible to fix it. In this case, it is best to replace the stone.

5. How do I know if my pizza stone is damaged?

If you notice a significant amount of moisture or "leaking" coming from your pizza stone, it may be a sign that it is damaged. You should also inspect your stone for any cracks, chips, or discoloration. If you are unsure, it is always best to err on the side of caution and replace your stone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• beepampered
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • pamperedberry
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • slapsappyhappy