• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preventing Moisture Leaks from a Pizza Stone when Cooking Cookies

In summary, to prevent moisture leaks from a pizza stone when cooking cookies, it is best to preheat the stone in the oven for at least 30 minutes before placing the cookies on it. Parchment paper or a silicone baking mat can also be used to create a barrier between the dough and the stone. Using a higher oven temperature will not prevent moisture leaks and may cause uneven baking. To maintain the quality of the pizza stone, it is important to regularly clean it after each use and occasionally give it a more thorough cleaning. The pizza stone can also be used on a grill, but the temperature should be closely monitored.
beepampered
A customer has a pizza stone that leaks moisture onto the bottom of her stove when she cooks chocolate chip cookies. She's put aluminum foil over the bottom of the stone. Anything else she can do to prevent this? Thanks...

Get a new stone, I mean replaced by HO. I don't understand why this would happen except for a defect.

I had a customer who had this problem with the Rectangular Baker. When the stone was hot, liquid would leak through. She was baking a cake and the oil leaked out and made her oven stink. I had it replaced for her.

Sounds like there are microscopic cracks in it, and moisture gets in the cracks when it's cleaned.

Yep, cracked.

What is the best way to prevent moisture leaks from a pizza stone when cooking cookies?

The best way to prevent moisture leaks from a pizza stone when cooking cookies is to preheat your pizza stone in the oven for at least 30 minutes before placing the cookies on it. This will allow the stone to heat up evenly and absorb any excess moisture from the dough.

Can I use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat with a pizza stone to prevent moisture leaks?

Yes, using parchment paper or a silicone baking mat can help prevent moisture leaks from a pizza stone when cooking cookies. These materials create a barrier between the dough and the stone and can absorb excess moisture.

Will using a higher oven temperature prevent moisture leaks from a pizza stone when cooking cookies?

No, using a higher oven temperature will not prevent moisture leaks from a pizza stone when cooking cookies. In fact, it may cause the cookies to cook too quickly and lead to uneven baking and potential burning.

How often should I clean my pizza stone to prevent moisture leaks?

It is important to regularly clean your pizza stone to prevent moisture leaks. After each use, scrape off any excess dough or food particles and wipe it down with a damp cloth. Every few uses, you can also give it a more thorough cleaning with hot water and a mild soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or soaking the stone, as this can damage it.

Can I use a pizza stone on a grill to prevent moisture leaks when cooking cookies?

Yes, you can use a pizza stone on a grill to prevent moisture leaks when cooking cookies. Just make sure to preheat the stone on the grill before placing the cookies on it. Also, be sure to monitor the temperature closely, as grills tend to cook at a higher heat than ovens.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Boomerjojo
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pctharper
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
straitfan
  • thatgirl2120