• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get a New Pizza Stone for Your Oven - February Specials Available Now!

In summary, my friend's rectangular stone popped out of the oven, she threw her receipt away, and now she wants a new one. I told her that I couldn't do anything about the warranty and then started to tell her about the February specials. She absolutely refused
Chozengirl
Gold Member
I had a friend call me last night wanting to know if I still sell PC.
So I told her yes, she explained to me that she was baking a pizza in the oven last night and she heard something pop.
Well needless to say it was her rectangular stone.
So she said that she wanted a new one, and I questioned her about her warranty.
Well, she tossed her reciept in the trash :rolleyes:
So I told her that I couldn't do anything about the warranty.

Then I started to tell her about the February specials, and she absolutely refused to host a show,,,:mad: WHATEVER!!!!

So she said that she wants a new stone, but told me that she was going to return this broken stone in 6 months and get her money back :eek:
WTH is her problem!?!

I don't even know what to do about this.
Should I sell her one and just "close my eyes" on the situation?

Ask her who's show she bought it from or see if she remembers the consultants name and show date. If she can't provide any of these for you, tell her you can't do anything for her until she does. If she wants you to help her then she needs to provide the proper information!

It does have a 3 year warranty so of course I would want it replaced as well if it's only a few months old. If you help her out, you'll probably have a customer for life.

When did she buy the stone?? If it's been less then three years she can get a new one. Call Ho with the host name and her name and they will send her a new one.

Does she have an idea when she purchased the stone & who was the host? HO can try to look up the information if she has a general idea.

Otherwise, I would sell her the new stone & direct her to the Pampered Chef website for any warranty issues. That way you won't be party to what she's doing. :)

She is trying to play the system. Unfortunately, she is probably going to play it with you or with someone else. You just have to do what you can live with.

I would have asked her how long she has had it, try to find out a time frame, but she might not have noticed, if she tries to send the old one back in place of the new one they will see the date stamped on the piece that she sent back.

Give her the 888 # to the solution center, then bless and release!

Many customers don't realize that we don't handle warranty issues. I had a guest bring a broken large serving spatula to my first show. That was fun!

Call HO. I have had customers return broken items that they purchased at Silent Auctions from schools and such. HO has a way of knowing if the item is under warranty or not. You can help her without a reciept, no prob.

Pampered Laura said:
HO has a way of knowing if the item is under warranty or not. You can help her without a reciept, no prob.

Ask her all the info suggested here but also ask her for the 6 digit number on the bottom of her stone. This can give you an idea of how legitimate the return is and may also help home office. The numbers are the date it was made so 060505 is June 5, 2005. Obviously HO would know how fast shipments were going out at the time and kind of guess if it's within warranty time even if it is just a little past the printed "code"!;)

I would give her the 888#, have her work it out with HO. If she was cooperative and a good customer I would have done it for her for good customer service....

Oh, and by the way, ask her when was the last time she returned something broken without a receipt to WalMart or Target? Hmmm....by the way, THEY won't take it back!

Some customeres can really be a pain. I just had one contact the host and say her chopper broke and wanted a new one. I then called the customer and gave her the show information and the 888 number. PC said sure send it back. Customer was furious that she would have to pay shipping and told host that. Host emailed me that customer wanted to get chopper to her and I should go to hosts home and the send it in for her. Commission on a chopper is just over $6 so there goes my reason for even doing this by the time I drive all over town and then mail it in.

Aside: I have even GIVEN products to people for free with no return for me in the name of good customer service and I would have sent it in for her without a hesitation if she would have contacted me directly and I told host that. I don't feel any obligation to go the extra mile for someone who won't even talk to me or email me. lol

Well she is very furious and says forget about it and is telling everyone that will listen that PC and consultants don't take care of customers. Host said she agrees that customer is unreasonable and it won't hurt our friendship. Good thing host has no fear in expressing opinions either.:D

If she has had the stone for awhile and then tries to send it back with the receipt for the new one, tell her HO will be able to tell that it is an older stone and not the one that she just got.

rayday said:
Ask her all the info suggested here but also ask her for the 6 digit number on the bottom of her stone. This can give you an idea of how legitimate the return is and may also help home office. The numbers are the date it was made so 060505 is June 5, 2005. Obviously HO would know how fast shipments were going out at the time and kind of guess if it's within warranty time even if it is just a little past the printed "code"!;)
I didn't know that you could find the date of this stone,
That's too cool!
Thanks for all of the info girls!!!

I had a customer try to get a new lid for her Colander Set. She made a stinking scene at a show claiming it never fit and wanted a new one. She didn't have a receipt but thought she bought it at her show last year. Well, she didn't get it then - it was 6 years old!

Apparently, Pampered Chef has every customers name and what they bought in their system. The C.S Rep looked up 8 or nine different orders before she found it. As long as she didn't put it under anyone else's name and knows what state she bought it in they should be able to find the receipt.

Pampered Chef replaced the lid for her anyway as a gesture of good will. I was going to buy her one so we wouldn't have to hear it again at the next show.

I love computers!!!

BethCooks4U said:
Some customeres can really be a pain. I just had one contact the host and say her chopper broke and wanted a new one. I then called the customer and gave her the show information and the 888 number. PC said sure send it back. Customer was furious that she would have to pay shipping and told host that. Host emailed me that customer wanted to get chopper to her and I should go to hosts home and the send it in for her. Commission on a chopper is just over $6 so there goes my reason for even doing this by the time I drive all over town and then mail it in.

Aside: I have even GIVEN products to people for free with no return for me in the name of good customer service and I would have sent it in for her without a hesitation if she would have contacted me directly and I told host that. I don't feel any obligation to go the extra mile for someone who won't even talk to me or email me. lol

Well she is very furious and says forget about it and is telling everyone that will listen that PC and consultants don't take care of customers. Host said she agrees that customer is unreasonable and it won't hurt our friendship. Good thing host has no fear in expressing opinions either.:D

Had a similar situation and also, customers will call me 2 months after the show and tell me it came in broken (with this one I know it did...it was not a stone, but a baking rack).

I am SERIOUSLY thinking of making a little note printed on bright pink paper and attaching it to all receipts..."Please look over product NOW! If your product is broken or missing parts please contact me ASAP. After (date of show) you are responsible for payment of returning item to The Pampered Chef."

A man had purchased the Stainless Steel Bowl set for his wife last March. He gave it to her for Christmas and had never opened the box. When she opened it, everything was there except the small bowl itself. LUCKILY!!! Pampered Chef shipped it to the host...at NO charge and no questions asked! I was impressed!:) :)

It used to say on the back of the guarentee that "Consultants are not to be given defective products." And then went on to explain how to return items. I noticed that it disappeared which bothers me.:mad:

In the fall a guest ordered a large rack. PC sent her a small rack. Because I was told 2 months later, shipping and handling would not be covered. Because I work full time, it finally was just easier for me to order the correct size and pay for the shipping to have it delivered to her house. No thank you from the customer or anything!!! Sometimes people just expect. :mad:

I too have ocassionally paid for shipping or given the person a new item. Even though I go over the guarentee at every show...people remember what they want to remember. I share your frustrations!!

Ann

baychef said:
I am SERIOUSLY thinking of making a little note printed on bright pink paper and attaching it to all receipts..."Please look over product NOW! If your product is broken or missing parts please contact me ASAP. After (date of show) you are responsible for payment of returning item to The Pampered Chef."
I LIKE this a lot! I am going to start doing that FOR SURE! Thanks!

Hmmm...
Chefgirl2 said:
I had a customer try to get a new lid for her Colander Set. She made a stinking scene at a show claiming it never fit and wanted a new one. She didn't have a receipt but thought she bought it at her show last year. Well, she didn't get it then - it was 6 years old!

Apparently, Pampered Chef has every customers name and what they bought in their system. The C.S Rep looked up 8 or nine different orders before she found it. As long as she didn't put it under anyone else's name and knows what state she bought it in they should be able to find the receipt.

Pampered Chef replaced the lid for her anyway as a gesture of good will. I was going to buy her one so we wouldn't have to hear it again at the next show.

I love computers!!!

I this something new? When we transmitted orders before last year, all that transmitted was the host information and the total order. I know now when we transmit shows all customer information goes; however, I don't understand how they can get information from 6 years ago???:confused:

And I personally take care of all my customers returns. So, even though you don't have to take care of returns it is good customer service. My customers do have to bring the item to me with their receipt and I will mail it back and have it direct shipped to them! Some of my customers bring items to shows and I just ask that they take care of returns after the show. All of my customers love this! I have many customers that won't buy from anyone else because I offer this service! I only send one box a month around the 15th of the month. I explain this to my customers and most are fine with it. If someone wants their item returned ASAP then I give them the reference # and they mail it. Even when they mail the item, I call Pampered Chef and get the ref # for them!:D

And as far as the stone that started this thread...she is just working the system and there is nothing you can do about that. Unfortionately there are dishonest people all over the world. I wouldn't take the responsiblity upon yourself to worry what she does with the new stone and receipt when she gets them.

Just my 2 cents!

fruit76loop said:
I only send one box a month around the 15th of the month. I explain this to my customers and most are fine with it.

Can you send more than one return/exchange in the same box?

Also, Customer Care calls within 2 weeks of the shipment date will take care of making sure people have used their items and they are in good condition. If there is a problem, you are still within the 30 days for PC to ship it back on their dime.

cmdtrgd said:
Can you send more than one return/exchange in the same box?

Yes, just make sure each item inside is clearly marked with the appropriate reference number. I've done this several times.

What happened to a little customer service?I've fixed numerous client problems even though I didn't see the product to them. It makes them remember you and will get you a repeat customer time and time again.

I'm sure we've all done a "fix" for this problem on more than one occasion without the original receipt.

"What happened to a little customer service?" :confused: Hmmmm...I think we all work our businesses a little different. Each year I have at least $1,000 to $2,000 or more claimed for "consultant gifts". I reward well for great guest lists, I am giving all guests who attend parties in Jan & Feb. an additional 10% off discontinued items, I will hand deliver products, packets, I will buy replacement parts for customers and many other things. These are just a FEW of the things I do. I am giving $40 coupon off the new kit (stipulations of achieving reasonable sales goals).

One of my consultants returned a Food Chopper for a friend/host. The consultant was very new. She offered to return the item for her friend, packaged up and sent it. It came back to her and she resent it. VERY long story short...the food chopper never made it to Addison, the friend was extremely PO'd bad mouthed this girl behind her back, ruined their friendship, ruined her PC business and almost ruined her marriage.

I do like DebbieJ's the idea of returning a box once a month. I am wondering what the cost is? I know you feel you get loyalty and repeat business, but what is the approximate cost of sending this box every month? Do you have the products shipped to the customer or do you have them all shipped to you and do you then hand deliver them? I do see the benefit in doing this the way DebbieJ is doing it and would like to know more.:)

Ann

I guess my question to all of you isSo....client looses their receipt, or someone you don't know finds out that you sell PC and needs a replacement because they lost their receipt. You don't "fix" the problem because they don't have the receipt?

I don't send it back for the client, I just make in convenent for them to get a new one.

Customer ServiceI have no problem doing great customer service for those customers who buy from me regularly and who really don't have the time to do it.
Not that I have all this extra time but I have from time to time sent back packages for good customers. They are usually so good they offer to refund me the package cost. Sometimes I take them up on the offer. I try not to exceed so much per month on returns. I don't want to eat up all my profit. I only do 1-2 shows a month these days since I am pregnant.

For those who lost receipts I try to help but ultimately it is their fault for losing the receipt and then they can't remember the host or the consultant, that is not my problem. I get them to call HO and see what they can do.

Debbie :D

ltkacz said:
So....client looses their receipt, or someone you don't know finds out that you sell PC and needs a replacement because they lost their receipt. You don't "fix" the problem because they don't have the receipt?

I don't send it back for the client, I just make in convenent for them to get a new one.

Yes, I help them. I first search my records to see if I can generate a receipt for them. If I have no record of their product purchase I ask them if they can remember the host and/or consultant name. Some can and some can't. I then direct them to call the Solution Center because they usually can trace the product back if there is any idea of a name or approximate date. I guess I am not clear on what you mean by "fixing" the problem.

I helped someone who is not a good customer replace a pan that her sister-in-law sold her. The sister-in-law was no longer in PC, no receipt. I advised her to call HO and explain just what she had told me. They sent her a new pan. She waited about 3 months to call HO. (which I did not know at the time.) She called me about 4 days after she sent the pan in and said she still hadn't seen the pan. I called PC, they had sent it already and they told me that she had just returned it!!! Luckily, she eventually was happy...and still isn't a good customer! And the reason the pan was "defective"...she left water boiling on the stove and it heated up until the teflon flaked off from it!!:eek:

As I stated in a previous e-mail, a customer of mine had a round stone break in the oven. When she called I searched all of my records under her name and her mother's to see if she had purchased it from any of my shows. Nothing showed. I asked her if she knew how old it was and she replied that she has had it a very long time. I asked her if she knew if it was over 3 years ago and she said, Oh definitely! It's much older than that. I explained that since the stone is out of warrenty that PC wouldn't replace it for her. I apologized...I didn't feel it was proper to ask her for a party so she could get it for free. Whether that was a mistake or not...not sure, but I wasn't comfortable with that. I later find out that she, her mother and many of their friends will not have a show with me because I refused to help her out. :eek:
So I am not sure if asking for a show was the proper thing to do, should I have offered her a small discount or what. I was never rude to her and even said hello to her and chatted a short time with her before Christmas. One of my downline told me what she had said and behind my back she bad mouthed me in front of all of the guests at the party. My downline defended me a little, but with this bunch, if she had sided with them too much, they would shun her too!!!

I am willing to do and spend a lot on my customers, but we are all in this to generate some extra revenue. I bend over backwards for customers. Some customers would still complain if you gave them the moon and stars! Luckily...they are not the norm!:D Sorry for the long post!:(
Ann

baychef said:
I am willing to do and spend a lot on my customers, but we are all in this to generate some extra revenue. I bend over backwards for customers. Some customers would still complain if you gave them the moon and stars! Luckily...they are not the norm!:D
Ann
Exactly how I feel.

We just have to remember, for everyone that gives us a headache, there are so many that are such great repeat customers!
Some just like to give us problems, we do the best we can for them and if they still are not happy, move on!!

I have had the same problems, its hard sometimes, but you just brush it off and look forward to the good ones! :)

Kelly

Related to Get a New Pizza Stone for Your Oven - February Specials Available Now!

What is the February special for purchasing a new pizza stone?

The February special for purchasing a new pizza stone is a discount of 20% off the original price. This offer is only valid for the month of February.

What is the difference between the regular pizza stone and the deluxe pizza stone?

The regular pizza stone is made of natural stoneware and is great for making crispy crusts. The deluxe pizza stone is made of cast iron and is perfect for making deep dish pizzas.

Can I use the pizza stone in the oven and on the grill?

Yes, our pizza stones are versatile and can be used in both the oven and on the grill. Just make sure to follow the care instructions for each type of stone.

Is the pizza stone dishwasher safe?

No, our pizza stones are not dishwasher safe. You should hand wash them with warm water and mild soap. Do not use any harsh chemicals or abrasives on the stone.

What is the return policy for the pizza stone?

If you are not satisfied with your pizza stone, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. Please keep your original packaging and receipt for the return.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • chefsteph07
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • lisasfuncooking