• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! I Screwed up Host Special!!

In summary, the speaker discusses a previous show where a host qualified for two stones at a special 60% discount. However, the speaker made a mistake and only entered one stone, resulting in the host being overcharged. The speaker is wondering if they can still get the host the discounted price for the second stone by contacting the company. The speaker also mentions another past host who believes they were overcharged for a previous purchase, but the speaker plans to show them the fine print that states they are only eligible for one discounted item. The speaker regrets their mistakes and plans to make a show checklist to avoid future errors. They also discuss two options for correcting the mistake, either entering the order as an individual order or as a personal order for
esavvymom
Staff member
Ok....I swear, I am a slow learner!

Last show I submitted was for September, and the host actually had over $550 in sales, so she qualified for 2 stones at the special 60%. When I met her to close her show, I made the mistake of not taking my laptop with me and did it on paper. (We were originally meeting in a parking lot where she works, but it switched to Taco Bell before I got there- didn't think it would be very cozy with a laptop in my lap in the car).

Well, when I entered her information, I FORGOT to enter her 2nd 60% stone! I didn't enter it at all. I called her and said "hey- you paid me too much...what else woudl you like, or I can refund you some money!". DOH! She called me last week when her order arrived and left a msg with DH that somethign was missing. I just spoke with her and discovered my mistake!

Is there ANY way I can get her the Lg Round Stone ($11.80 on sale vs 29.50 reg.price) for the Host Special Sale Price if I called HO ? Or any other suggestions on how I can make this right without costing me a small fortune?!

My past host called and said I didn't give her the 60% price either on the stones- that she should get Two. I didn't even think until JUST NOW that 'no- past host only gets ONE'. I told her I'd credit her the $12 we THOUGHT she overpaid (she'll be at a show on Saturday). Now- do I still credit that to her or just show her that it was indeed only ONE item at 60% (she got the DCB- but I think she bought it for someone else).

I am really hating these LEVELS! P3 gives you warnings and flags all over for most things- but I've now learned it DOESN"T remind you of the Host Special- so if you missed entering it, or maybe entered the Item number wrong- you won't get a message saying "Your host has not ordered the Host Special. Did she want an item?" or something.

:cry: Since the Hosts stone was on her order, and I WROTE it down on the paper....I know I have to do something to make it right- but what? and should I still pay the $12 credit to the past host (her daughter and a repeat host of mine). I think she'd understand if I showed her the fine print.

Do you have another show you are closing soon that you could throw her on as a co-host and get the unlimited discount. It would mean paying less out of pocket.I would not pay the past host back, show her the flyer that says she only gets one.

wadesgirl said:
Do you have another show you are closing soon that you could throw her on as a co-host and get the unlimited discount. It would mean paying less out of pocket.

I would not pay the past host back, show her the flyer that says she only gets one.

No. :( I JUST closed a show LAST NIGHT that I could have put her on- because that host didn't even WANT the host special...*uggh!!* I don't have any more September shows to close out.

Oh well. I'm making myself a Show Checklist so I stop doing these stupid mistakes- this one has been my most costly. I guess I'll add it to her daughter's order on Saturday (she'll get 10% as a past host), and then my 23% commission will offset some...better than nothing! And I've decided i"M just going to tell the past host that her order was correct and I didn't owe her anything after all. It was in the fine print. It just caught me off guard when she called me about it.

At LEAST it was a pizza stone, not the DCB that I messed up! I at least put THAT one in correctly! That was the one I got right.

:grumpy:

2 options - if you do it BEFORE MIDNIGHT:
  • Enter her as an individual order (dated 9/30/09) with GR81 as the item # and her 10% past host discount. It will cost you $28.24 with shipping & the warranty will be in her name.
  • Enter it as a personal order (dated 9/30/09) for YOU with GR81 as the item #. It will cost you $22.66 if you didn't do a personal order in September or $24.66 if you did. You'll then have to do a "gift" receipt from you to her for warranty purposes.
Forgot to add: You can still charge her the amount that she would have paid & you just pay the difference, or you can pay the whole amount and apologize to her for the inconvenience. ;)

Sheila....You are a lifesaver! I hadn't thought of those.I played with the 3 ways I had - the two you suggested, and the third was for me to add it to her daughter's order for Saturday's show. Putting the order in HER name costs me more up front because of shipping, but when I factor in what I'll get paid in commission, it ends up being close to the others AND the warranty will be in her name. So I choose door #3. :)She has offered to pay me whatever it would have cost, but I think for the $11- I'll just eat it in the name of customer service- since it WAS my screw up. This month has been expensive! I overdrafted my business account- by $1.17 !!!! Cost me $36 in fees...now this. *ugh*

Bobbi,
You could add her as a co-host on her daughter's show for the purpose of the stone. If she wants to buy anything else, it can go on as a guest order. That way you'll save 20 -30% off of her order as a co-host and not pay s/h.

chefcharity said:
Bobbi,
You could add her as a co-host on her daughter's show for the purpose of the stone. If she wants to buy anything else, it can go on as a guest order. That way you'll save 20 -30% off of her order as a co-host and not pay s/h.

I'm sorry- It's actually not her Daughter's show- but just a show her daughter is attending this weekend. I knew her daughter was going to be at this show (she's the past host for this show), so I knew she was ordering at least a past host item. If it had been, I certainly would have done.

Oh well.
:blushing:

You are trying to attach it to an October show? How is that saving you money? It's full price minus the 10% past host discount that route.

No...I did it as the individual order (dated Sept 30).

Oh, good! :D

Wasn't September/October/November Past Host Special based on the level the current Host gets?

She used the guest # for a 20% discount & the past host 10% discount to avoid paying full price.

just curious, how do you do gift receipts? haven't done those yet.

What I meant was to attach it to any upcoming show. You wouldn't get the 60% or 20% pricing but when you consider using the host unlimited discount you would be getting at least 20-50% off plus the host paying her part and making commission, you would be paying very little out of pocket.

lauriedip said:
just curious, how do you do gift receipts? haven't done those yet.

I do them differently depending on the circumstances. Like if I have a host who doesn't want the host special, but the past host wants more or the host's mom wants the host special ... I'll let the buyer actually pay for the item, and attach their payment on the host's order with her items & her payment. Then write a receipt with the buyer's name, the host item #, description & how much they paid ... then write "gift from host" in real big letters across the middle of the order form. I keep my copy & give one to the actual buyer to use if they have any warranty issues. For 1 year warranties it's really not that big of a deal, they can just have the host do the return if they need to. But being military & knowing that the host & the buyer may not live in the same town or country in 5 years or 20 years (if it's cookware or forged cutlery), it's important for my customers to have a receipt referencing back to the host & her original show where the item was purchased for any warranty issues that might arise. ;)

Non-military consultants & customers would probably still know each other or be close enough for the consultant to handle any warranty issue. But I can't promise that to buyers since we are all military & constantly moving around the world. ;) So If I were buying it as a "personal order" under my name (to get it cheaper), I would have done a receipt to the customer referencing my "show" number (P00** vs. K00** or C00**), listing how much the buyer paid & the rest as "consultant gift". Again, giving the buyer a receipt in hand to mail to corporate if she ever had a warranty issue.

Is that as clear as mud??? LOL

What is the "Help! I Screwed up Host Special!!"?

The "Help! I Screwed up Host Special!!" is a program offered by Pampered Chef for consultants who accidentally enter incorrect information for a host's party.

How do I know if I am eligible for the "Help! I Screwed up Host Special!!"?

You are eligible for the program if you have entered incorrect information for a host's party and have not yet submitted the order.

What are the benefits of the "Help! I Screwed up Host Special!!"?

The program allows you to fix any errors in the host's party information without affecting the host's rewards or party sales. You will also receive the full commission on the corrected order.

How do I participate in the "Help! I Screwed up Host Special!!"?

To participate, you will need to contact your team leader or the Pampered Chef customer service team and provide them with the incorrect and corrected host party information.

Is there a deadline for participating in the "Help! I Screwed up Host Special!!"?

Yes, there is a 24-hour window after submitting the incorrect host party information to participate in the program. After that, the order will be processed as is.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mechelle
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • TJMagoo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
TJMagoo
  • teresaj