• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware Cracked - Anyone Else?

In summary, stoneware can crack due to sudden changes in temperature or physical impact. It is not recommended to use cracked stoneware as it can potentially cause injury. To prevent cracking, follow manufacturer's instructions and handle stoneware with care. While Pampered Chef stoneware may come with a limited warranty, it does not cover accidental damage such as cracking. Hairline cracks may not immediately affect functionality, but it is still best to replace stoneware to avoid potential safety hazards.
Jean DeVries
Gold Member
Hey!

I just bought a new deep dish baker because my old one cracked along the botton/side. It didn't break, because the sides held it together, but it cracked all the way through....

Well, I used my new one for the first time today, and when washing it today, I noticed it too had cracked in the same way in the same place.

What gives? Anyone else have this problem? I know it's under warranty and I can return it, but what a pain....

I just received one and it has the slightest crack in it. I got it replaced and the new one looks ok!!

Thanks for your help!It's possible that the deep dish baker you purchased is made with a weaker material or has a manufacturing defect. It's also possible that you are using it at a higher temperature than it can handle, causing it to crack. I would recommend contacting the manufacturer and seeing if they have had any similar complaints or if they can offer a replacement or refund. It's always a good idea to use caution when using any type of bakeware and to follow the recommended guidelines for temperature and usage.

Related to Stoneware Cracked - Anyone Else?

1. What causes stoneware to crack?

Stoneware can crack due to sudden changes in temperature, such as placing a cold dish in a hot oven or running cold water over a hot dish. It can also crack if it is dropped or bumped against a hard surface.

2. Can cracked stoneware still be used?

It is not recommended to use cracked stoneware, as it can potentially shatter during use and cause injury. It is best to replace cracked stoneware to ensure safe cooking and baking.

3. How can I prevent my stoneware from cracking?

To prevent stoneware from cracking, it is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for use. Avoid sudden temperature changes and never place stoneware on a direct heat source, such as a stovetop. It is also important to handle stoneware with care and avoid dropping or banging it against hard surfaces.

4. Is stoneware covered under warranty if it cracks?

Most Pampered Chef stoneware comes with a limited warranty that covers defects in materials and workmanship. However, the warranty does not cover accidental damage such as cracking. It is best to contact our customer service team for specific warranty information.

5. Can I still use stoneware if it has hairline cracks?

Although hairline cracks may not immediately affect the functionality of stoneware, it is still recommended to replace it. Over time, these cracks can widen and potentially cause the dish to shatter, posing a safety hazard. It is best to err on the side of caution and replace stoneware with any type of crack.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsCaleb
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
swinkate
  • Intrepid_Chef