• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is a Hole in My Stoneware Normal?

In summary, The Pampered Chef says to call back and speak with someone else because the oven or micro might need to be replaced and they do not have a 3-year guarantee on their products.
kaseydee
Gold Member
My deep dish baker has a hole in it is that normal? The only way I can think to describe it is that it is like it has a pore kinda like your face. Does that make sense?

Is it a pockmark or a hole that goes all the way through? I don't think I've ever seen either such a thing on any stoneware... mine always came smooth.

It isn't all the way through no.

send it back.. I had a guest get one like that once.

I had one come in like that. Just a tiny hole inside on the bottom, not sure how deep it is didn't want to chance it HO sent me a new one.

Yup send it back - it might just be what the oven or micro needs to crack the stone ware -

It was from outlet so I guess no luck w/replacement. :(

kaseydee said:

Yeah, that throws a loop in...call and ask just in case...

kaseydee said:
If you just received it and haven't used it I would think they'd replace it or refund you. You don't have the 3 year guarantee, but certainly they would replace it if it arrived damaged or flawed.

It wouldn't hurt to call. I think they should replace it if it came defective.

Call and let us know how it turns out for you.

Here's what they have posted on the Outlet

Product images and prices reflect our US product line only. They may vary outside the US.
*Outlet products are final sale. They are sold without any express or implied guarantees from The Pampered Chef®. They may not be returned or exchanged, unless damage occurs in shipment.

I would have though they would be replaced if they came defective but then from reading this I am not sure about that now. I would call to find out though and not just except it as is.

ok, this was odd. One of my guest called while I was waiting on the call back & stated her lg bar pan cracked...didn't break just cracked. So I told her about that first. She said they would send out a new one & no need to send the cracked one back. Then I told her about my deep dish baker. First she questioned the fact that I had an adjustment on that order for another item already. I told her no....just two items on that order kids chef hat & apron & the dish. (why would it matter?) Then she said I should have checked it when it came in & that the vendor & PC both check all of the items for flaws & that it wouldn't have left with the flaw from them. She said since it was outlet I could send it back & if they had one they would send it to me but if they didnt' I would get nothing. Does that sound right?

I would call back and speak with someone else. I've seen and heard of a lot of things that should have been caught if they checked EVERY item for flaws!

I would call back!! Ask for a supervisor! That sounds weird to me.

kaseydee said:
ok, this was odd. One of my guest called while I was waiting on the call back & stated her lg bar pan cracked...didn't break just cracked. So I told her about that first. She said they would send out a new one & no need to send the cracked one back. Then I told her about my deep dish baker. First she questioned the fact that I had an adjustment on that order for another item already. I told her no....just two items on that order kids chef hat & apron & the dish. (why would it matter?) Then she said I should have checked it when it came in & that the vendor & PC both check all of the items for flaws & that it wouldn't have left with the flaw from them. She said since it was outlet I could send it back & if they had one they would send it to me but if they didnt' I would get nothing. Does that sound right?

The last part sounds right about giving you one if they have one.

But on the rest NO! I know they do not have 100% incoming and outgoing inspection. That agent is mistaken.

Just got a call back tonight & Eric found out that the warehouse did have another one & it was shipped late last night!!!! Thanks ya'll for suggesting for me to call back & ask for a supervisor.

Good to hear, thanks for letting us know.

Related to Is a Hole in My Stoneware Normal?

1. What causes the hole in stoneware to form?

The hole in stoneware is a normal occurrence and is caused by a natural process called "spalling." This happens when moisture is trapped in the clay during the firing process, causing it to expand and create a small hole.

2. Is the hole in stoneware safe to use for cooking and baking?

Yes, the hole in stoneware is completely safe to use for cooking and baking. It does not affect the functionality or safety of the stoneware.

3. Can the hole in stoneware be repaired?

No, the hole in stoneware cannot be repaired. However, it does not affect the performance of the stoneware and does not need to be fixed.

4. Are there any precautions I should take when using stoneware with a hole?

No, there are no specific precautions you need to take when using stoneware with a hole. Just make sure to follow the care instructions provided by Pampered Chef to ensure the longevity of your stoneware.

5. Can I still return or exchange my stoneware if it has a hole?

Yes, you can still return or exchange your stoneware if it has a hole. Our satisfaction guarantee covers all defects and issues with our products, including the hole in stoneware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
casescafe
  • Shawnna
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • MrsCaleb