• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

12 Cup Stoneware Muffin Pan Questions...

I have this particular type of pan too and it has never given me any trouble. I definitely wouldn't worry about it being an accident waiting to happen.
LeslieSGI
Gold Member
My sister-in-law has had both of her relatively new (less than 4 months old) stoneware muffin pans break while washing them in the kitchen sink (about a month a part). I don't think they are being "rough" with them; but they do have a porcelain sink and not stainless steel sink which could be an issue. When the first one broke, I bought them one new one as a Christmas present replacement but now the second older one has broken, too.

Does anyone have any suggestions, experiences with these? Are they just an accident waiting to happen? I don't have stoneware muffins pans and am happy living without them but she has been one of my best customers and I don't want her bad-mouthing PC products if you know what I mean. Any words of wisdom out there???​

I've had my SW muffin pan for about 5 years, and have never had a problem. It has held up really well. I think the secrets to keeping your stoneware are to 1. store them flat with nothing banging up against them, and 2. wash them when there are no other dishes in the sink. Don't let them hit up against the sides of the sink.
She might have gotten a bad "batch." I once had 3 customers from one particular show all have their stoneware pieces break within days. I chalked it up to a bad batch.
Also, if she has only had them for 4 months, then they are still under guarantee. She can have them replaced for free.

I've had mine for several years, and use it all the time.
I've also never had to replace one for a customer, that I can think of....

Is she putting them in the water when they are still warm???? That can cause thermal shock, you need to let them cool before washing.

If they were less than 4 months old, she could have returned both of them for a new one under the warranty. All stoneware has a three year warranty.

Thanks so much! I think I need to talk to my director about the "boundaries" of the PC guarantees. I guess I am being too strict.

Thanks again. :eek:

I always tell customers that if they are following the use and care instructions and it breaks when they are just using and caring for them normally, that breakage is covered. Now, if they drop it, they are out of luck.

I have that stoneware and love it. I, also, would ask her about the temperature of the stone when she washes it. There have been a couple times I go to wash it too soon (still warm) and remember just in the nick of time. I forget and I know better.

Hello! I am sorry to hear about your sister-in-law's experience with the stoneware muffin pans. As a pampered chef consultant, I can assure you that our stoneware products are high-quality and designed to last for many years. However, accidents can happen and it is important to take proper care of stoneware to prevent any breakage.

First, it is important to note that stoneware should not be washed in a porcelain sink as it can be more fragile than a stainless steel sink. I recommend hand-washing stoneware with warm water and a mild dish soap, and avoiding using any harsh cleaners or scrubbers. It is also important to allow the stoneware to cool down completely before washing, as extreme temperature changes can cause breakage.

If your sister-in-law continues to have issues with the stoneware muffin pans, I would be happy to offer a replacement or exchange for a different stoneware product. Our customer satisfaction is our top priority and we want all of our customers to be happy with their purchases. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you for being a loyal customer and for bringing this to our attention.

1. How many muffins can the 12 Cup Stoneware Muffin Pan hold?

The 12 Cup Stoneware Muffin Pan can hold up to 12 standard size muffins.

2. Is the pan dishwasher safe?

Yes, the 12 Cup Stoneware Muffin Pan is dishwasher safe. However, hand washing is recommended to prolong the life of the pan.

3. Can this pan be used for other baked goods besides muffins?

Yes, the 12 Cup Stoneware Muffin Pan can also be used to make cupcakes, mini quiches, and individual desserts.

4. Does the pan come with a non-stick coating?

No, the 12 Cup Stoneware Muffin Pan does not have a non-stick coating. However, it is made from stoneware which naturally has non-stick properties.

5. How do I properly care for and maintain this pan?

To care for the 12 Cup Stoneware Muffin Pan, it is recommended to hand wash with warm soapy water and dry thoroughly. Avoid using metal utensils or abrasive cleaners. Do not place the pan in the microwave or on a stovetop. Allow the pan to cool before cleaning or adding more batter. With proper care, this pan can last for many years.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• aPamperedBride
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kwright67
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • BethanyN