• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stay Warm with Our Cold Weather Check-In: -10°F and Counting!

er, have in Minnesota!Janet, did you get any snow up there yesterday?Yes, we had snow but it was light all evening...maybe an inch?
janetupnorth
Gold Member
-10 right now here (actual temperature in Fahrenheit). I need a shivery smiley...

janetupnorth said:
-10 right now here (actual temperature in Fahrenheit). I need a shivery smiley...

Temps just started dropping here - by tomorrow morning the temp (actual) is supposed to be -4!

Very thankful that we have the Wood Stove as a back up! We have it going right now to keep the furnace from coming on.

Brrrrr! I just got in from snow blowing the driveway (my first time - it was fun! Although I actually do like shovelling... But with little ones inside the snow blower IS much faster...).

Here it is around 32F, so not bad, but we are going to be be getting colder, lows around 0F, high of 4F by Friday... That's cold enough for me!

Stay bundled up and warm, Janet!

Wow, and you too Becky (posting at the same time...). I'll have to check in with my in-laws and see how they're doing.

AnnieBee said:
Wow, and you too Becky (posting at the same time...). I'll have to check in with my in-laws and see how they're doing.

Yeah, Wood TV is saying that the weather is going to continue to deteriorate today and into tonight. Oh wait - just had a weather update, and now they say the -4 won't be here until Thursday. Must be moving slower than they thought. That means cold weather longer for Janet!
So, our temp tomorrow is only going to be 0, with wind chills of -10 to -20!

:grumpy::grumpy: and I have show in Grand Haven this evening with at least 25 RSVPS! :eek:

Good thing we are making Smashed Potato Soup!

Just for you Janet!

Freezingsmilie.gif

http://smileyshut.com How's that?!

Here's another:
http://smileyshut.com

Those are both GREAT smileys Linda & Amanda!

Ha! I guess Linda and I found the same site! :)

pamperedlinda said:
that one looks painful

It makes me think of The Christmas Story, or whatever the title of that silly movie is. ;)

-5 with -26 degree windchills. Our "blizzard" wasn't so bad as they said it was in our area but to our north it was pretty bad!

We were told that this past weekend we were going to have a big storm starting with freezing rain and then turning to snow and that it would be 4-6 inches (yeah, they think that's big out here ;) ) We ended up with a dusting. My 3 yr old was begging to go out and play in the "snow". Umm, what snow? The millimeter on the driveway?! LOL

Janet, did you get any snow up there yesterday?
I'm not sure how much we got, but it was snowing from 2 p.m. until I went to bed at 10. And now, a 2 hour delay for school. Remind me why we live in Wisconsin?!

It has snowed here every day since I got home from Leadership. I was out in the mess last night cuz I had a recruiting interview. Currently 14 degrees, supposed to drop to 0. The wind is supposed to pick up for blizzard like conditions. FUN!

DebbieJ said:
It has snowed here every day since I got home from Leadership. I was out in the mess last night cuz I had a recruiting interview.

Currently 14 degrees, supposed to drop to 0. The wind is supposed to pick up for blizzard like conditions.

FUN!

Woohoo! Great for you! How did it go?!

She turns 18 on April 4th and will sign then. In the meantime, she is going to start booking shows and come with me to a few to see how it all works.

Pretty cold here, too. High of 20˚F today, with temps dropping through the afternoon to 8 by 6:00pm. And I hate seeing the negative signs on the 7-day forecast.

Jessamary said:
Janet, did you get any snow up there yesterday?
I'm not sure how much we got, but it was snowing from 2 p.m. until I went to bed at 10. And now, a 2 hour delay for school. Remind me why we live in Wisconsin?!

Yes, we had snow but it was light all evening...maybe an inch? I don't pay attention when it is light...

We have -40 windchill and no delays or cancellations for school.

The only answer I can give for why I live in Wisconsin is that is where God wants us right now. :)

Otherwise, I might be applying for the World's Best Job:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090113/od_afp/lifestyleaustraliatourismoffbeat_20090113032028;_ylt=Anz5.tB94RHPj4fb9oE_bj0azJV4

We're up to -6 - WHOHOO - heat wave!!!!Weather forecast shows -13 for the next 2 days.

Here's an indication of how much snow we've had
029-1.jpg

DebbieJ said:
Here's an indication of how much snow we've had

029-1.jpg

Sure... That looks like nothing compared to what we got!

wadesgirl said:
Sure... That looks like nothing compared to what we got!

I was thinking that too - you can still see the car!

0C here!! It's like T-shirt weather for us! LOL

Come to Raleigh then and tan! We are at 41 right now! That is a HEAT WAVE compared to - 10!!! OH MY

rennea said:
0C here!! It's like T-shirt weather for us! LOL

Wait! How did you get warmer than us!!!!

Not sure Janet! Na-na:p

But...

We have a ton of snow, I just snickered when I saw Deb's photo.

rennea said:
Not sure Janet! Na-na:p

I don't have time to find that smiley blowing raspberries at you, but you get the picture! ;)

According to my local news it was -43 here with wind chill this AM when DD got on the bus.

Right now my gague (that is sitting in the sun) says +13.

BRRRRRrrrrrrrr!

janetupnorth said:
Otherwise, I might be applying for the World's Best Job:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090113/od_afp/lifestyleaustraliatourismoffbeat_20090113032028;_ylt=Anz5.tB94RHPj4fb9oE_bj0azJV4

I heard about this job while listening to NPR this morning. . .I want to apply. Not so cold here (yet). Was 20 when I got home at about 1:00. But, as everywhere else, it's supposed to start dropping. I live in an old house (can you say drafty) and, even with the heat turned down, the furnace is going to get a workout.

We don't have a tremendous amount of snow, it's just been falling consistently. Add the wind and you've got your scary driving conditions. Whiteout!!!

Well, I was thinking how cold I am - but now after reading this I have nothing to complain about. It's 50 and raining here in Florida! But just last week it was as high as 82. So 50 for me is cold cold cold. Although, I absolutely LOVED the picture above with snow! I guess I was about 5 when I last saw snow. We were visiting my aunt in Arkansas. Wait, I think I remember back in the early 90's we had snow flurries and they canceled school for it. Of course, there was not enough to even cover the ground but it was historic for us! I remember when I was younger we (all six of us kids) would wake up my mom for what we thought was snow on the ground. It was just heavy frost :eek:

Gee, it was a balmy 24 here today, and The Furry Guy was complaining. I'll have to let him know what a wimp he is. LOL!

-3 as I head home...projected -10 by later and -15 tomorrow and Thursday...Tell the Furry Guy that if he is cold to go sit in his redneck hot tub! ;)

Yeah, well, the redneck hot tub is drained and inverted until next summer. Currently the cats are using it to get out of the wind while they wait for The Furry Guy to feed them.

Sounds like a lot of you are getting the nasty storm we had the week before Christmas out here. I had 3 ft of snow at my house. That is absolutely unheard of around here.

Then we were nailed with awful rain last Wednesday and we had a major interstate closed down because of the water over it. Not to mention the other roads and highways that were closed because of the same thing. The pond close to my front yard came into it 15 feet. :eek:

Those of us in Western Washington were pretty much landlocked, because we couldn't get over the passes either because they were closed too.

I hope you all stay warm!

We got about 3 inches of snow yesterday, we are suppose to get another 3-5 after midnight tonight, I'll believe it when I see it. I'm not sure what the actual temp is here right now, but when I left work, my computer told me 4F. We have had gusty winds with windchills up to -40 today.

I'm nice and cozy at home right now, and I'm not looking forward to driving back into town. I'm just glad it isn't snowing. We are caucusing tonight for work, so I have to attend to make sure my job is safe after the next election. Our office should be fine, but the another office in our building could be in jepordy!

just checked its -3F and feels like -15F so it could be worse!

It will be -13 here tonight...then a high of -9 tomorrow then a plunge to -25 tomorrow night. We have around 2 feet of snow that has accumulated since the first weekend of December...and LOTS of wind. Had a ground blizzard earlier. Wasn't snowing, but snow was just blowing everywhere from falling earlier in the day. Roads are all completely covered in snow and ice. It's truly winter in N Dakota! Over east it was -37 this morning...ambient!:eek:

brrrr! I'm so glad I live in the south! However, it will be in the teens by Friday here....brrr!

It is going to be in the negatives later this week for us here.
As for snow: We got about 7 inches over the weekend on top of the 4 we got last Thursday and then today we got more.
This is NOTHING compared to what we would get when I was a kid. It is funny when you try to tell the kids about not being able to open the door to the house and they just look at you like you are crazy.
LOL

YOWZA!!!
We're having record HIGHS here! It's crazy! It really is T-shirt & jeans weather! mid to high 60's the last couple days. Still getting chilly at night (at least for us), mid to high 30's are our lows.
I do love the cold and rain but don't think I would fare very well in all that snow! brrrrrr!

Push that warm air up to us! I woke up to -20 and it is -10 about right now (actual temp.)I heard International Falls, MN is sitting at -30 or so. I have more layers on today than I can count!!!!Long underwear has stayed on ALL DAY yesterday and today. But it either has to warm up or I have to do laundry tonight 'cause I only have 2 sets!!!!

Come see me Janet! Right now it is 29 (but it feels like 20 ;)) High today is projected to be 50....just a little chilly.

It's 4 here in Vermont right now, with a wind chill of -13. We've got blue sky and a whole bunch of snow on the ground. It's beautiful out there.

We are a -5 this morning and I am not sure what the windchill is. Tonights low is to be -22 without windchill added in. I live in eastern South Dakota. Yuck!

This is kinda gross, but my BF just came in from shovelling the drive and asked if it was a bad thing if his snot was freezing! It's -21 with the windchill right now, and we ended up with about 5 inches of snow over the night.

<h2>1. How can I stay warm with Pampered Chef products during cold weather?</h2><p>Our Cold Weather Check-In event features a variety of products designed to keep you warm, such as our insulated food jar, microwaveable cozy, and cozy scarf. These products are perfect for keeping your food and drinks hot, as well as keeping you cozy and warm.</p><h2>2. What is the temperature range for the insulated food jar?</h2><p>The insulated food jar can keep food hot for up to 7 hours and cold for up to 9 hours. It is perfect for taking hot soups, stews, or oatmeal on the go during cold weather.</p><h2>3. Can the microwaveable cozy be used with any type of bowl or container?</h2><p>Yes, our microwaveable cozy is designed to fit most standard size bowls and containers. It is also dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.</p><h2>4. How can the cozy scarf keep me warm?</h2><p>The cozy scarf is made of soft, plush fabric and has a pocket to hold our hand warmer packet. Simply insert the hand warmer packet into the pocket and wrap the scarf around your neck to keep you warm and cozy.</p><h2>5. Are there any special deals or promotions for the Cold Weather Check-In event?</h2><p>Yes, during our Cold Weather Check-In event, we are offering a special bundle deal that includes the insulated food jar, microwaveable cozy, and cozy scarf at a discounted price. Don't miss out on this great deal to stay warm during the cold weather!</p>

1. How can I stay warm with Pampered Chef products during cold weather?

Our Cold Weather Check-In event features a variety of products designed to keep you warm, such as our insulated food jar, microwaveable cozy, and cozy scarf. These products are perfect for keeping your food and drinks hot, as well as keeping you cozy and warm.

2. What is the temperature range for the insulated food jar?

The insulated food jar can keep food hot for up to 7 hours and cold for up to 9 hours. It is perfect for taking hot soups, stews, or oatmeal on the go during cold weather.

3. Can the microwaveable cozy be used with any type of bowl or container?

Yes, our microwaveable cozy is designed to fit most standard size bowls and containers. It is also dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

4. How can the cozy scarf keep me warm?

The cozy scarf is made of soft, plush fabric and has a pocket to hold our hand warmer packet. Simply insert the hand warmer packet into the pocket and wrap the scarf around your neck to keep you warm and cozy.

5. Are there any special deals or promotions for the Cold Weather Check-In event?

Yes, during our Cold Weather Check-In event, we are offering a special bundle deal that includes the insulated food jar, microwaveable cozy, and cozy scarf at a discounted price. Don't miss out on this great deal to stay warm during the cold weather!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pkd09
  • jdavis
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jdavis
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies