• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Current Cold Weather Check-In: -1°F in Rhinelander, WI (February 2008)

In summary, Rhinelander, WI is experiencing a cold snap, Boston is experiencing a heat wave, and Atlanta is in a transitional period with cold weather and possible snow.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
How cold are you right now?Here in Rhinelander, WI it is -1 degrees!!!!! (Fahrenheit by the way)Not our coldest for the winter, but coldest for 2008 for sure, I'm sure our Canadian friends are even worse!!!!

13 degrees in the very southwestern corner of Michigan. BRRRRR.

In Boston we're at 36.
It's supposed to be 10 with some crazy windchill for the game on Sunday!

Wow! I guess it is a heat wave here. :) Now it is 36 degrees. We had 5 inches of snow during the night and it was 20 degrees. Today there is a 2 hour delay for school and it is raining. UGH!

It's 19 here right now...with the wind chill feels like 8....so a little warmer than you....but the cold is on it's way across the Lake....
I'm just happy that the sun is shining!:love:

It's 34 degrees in the middle of NC. Grey heavy skies.

Really cold in Detroit today, too (wind chill of 1 degree). This weekend is supposed to be low single digits, although those are overnight lows, not daytime highs. I think. I didn't watch the weather this morning.

I've got my space heater on under my desk today. mmm.... toasty toes...

Packer Game is supposed to be a high of 4 degrees in Green Bay on Sunday. Not the Ice Bowl, but not warm either!!!!...a guy here at work was at the last game and took a series of pictures throughout of the whole field...one showing it all then the gradual snowfall until pretty well covered. It was a neat photo arrangement...

It's a balmy 44 (but feels like 41) in Atlanta today.

It's about 14 degrees, suppossed to get to about 25, then tomorrow we are suppossed to get snow and it will be 30 (must be the cloud cover) because after that, it is going to really freakin cold! I just love those "artic air blasts!:rolleyes: " I'm trying really hard not to complain! :( I just am so dreaming of sunshine!:)

chefann said:
Really cold in Detroit today, too (wind chill of 1 degree). This weekend is supposed to be low single digits, although those are overnight lows, not daytime highs. I think. I didn't watch the weather this morning.

We're braced for an arctic blast. DH and I are volunteering for the Hunter Ice Festival here in our town. Ice sculpture carving and a tasting tent. We'll be in the tent either doling out snacks or wine. Luckily there is heat in there. . .but I think layers will be in order.

pamperedlinda said:
It's a balmy 44 (but feels like 41) in Atlanta today.
I can't help but chucle at this! Linda, you are so funny! feels like 41! I wish! It's 14 and it feels like 0 with our wind chill!:yuck:

Definitely layers. And extra socks!

Oops- Cathy snuck in there while I was typing. This was directed at Jeanine.

Just praying that Sunday's show isn't cancelled. Around here they don't come out if it's cold or even has a chance of rain (that might freeze if it's under 45 degrees:rolleyes: ). The good thing is it's an afternoon show - a night show would definitely be doomed.

(Packer Fan alert: The show is at 2 and the game starts here at 5:30 so I'll be home in PLENTY of time!!)

chefjeanine said:
We're braced for an arctic blast. DH and I are volunteering for the Hunter Ice Festival here in our town. Ice sculpture carving and a tasting tent. We'll be in the tent either doling out snacks or wine. Luckily there is heat in there. . .but I think layers will be in order.
I'll take the wine please! I love my wine!!!:love: I believe in a glass of red wine a day! Good for the heart and puts a pleasant smile on my face! Like father, like daughter, that's what I remember my Dad doing, we bought for him by the jug! And he's in his 70's now and living his life to the fullest and he tells everyone to drink wine! I never have seen him drunk, but he enjoys his wine!

It's 9 degrees where I'm at but they are expecting -30 to -40 degree wind chills tonight. I was never meant to be born where it's cold half the year!

BethCooks4U said:
Just praying that Sunday's show isn't cancelled. Around here they don't come out if it's cold or even has a chance of rain (that might freeze if it's under 45 degrees:rolleyes: ). The good thing is it's an afternoon show - a night show would definitely be doomed.(Packer Fan alert: The show is at 2 and the game starts here at 5:30 so I'll be home in PLENTY of time!!)
That's so funny! Last night, I had a show, and it was cold and snowy....and the snow was turning to ice....as guests came in, they would give an update on how bad the weather was, and who saw accidents on the way over, etc....You would think that would mean they would want a quick show, and get home fast....but no - I was all packed up and ready to go, and they were still hanging around!
People in Michigan know that if you let the weather stop you, you would be a hermit all winter!:D

It's around 15 here today with wind chills bringing it to around 5. I think I'll stay inside today. Worse yet tomorrow. We're having our January b-day party & DH wants to grill burgers & hot dogs. We've got a bunch of hamburger to use up to make room for more that's coming (we have our own cattle for meat).

chefann said:
Definitely layers. And extra socks!

I've pretty much given up all hope of looking good while trying to stay warm.

I do think I'll wear my Pampered Chef sweater with a matching pink (the lettering on the sweater is pink) long sleeved t-shirt underneath. It's the bright green one (florescent?) that was available at National Conference 2007. If I can take off my coat, I hope to drum up some business!

ChefBeckyD said:
That's so funny! Last night, I had a show, and it was cold and snowy....and the snow was turning to ice....as guests came in, they would give an update on how bad the weather was, and who saw accidents on the way over, etc....

You would think that would mean they would want a quick show, and get home fast....but no - I was all packed up and ready to go, and they were still hanging around!
People in Michigan know that if you let the weather stop you, you would be a hermit all winter!:D
Yeah, I lived in WI until 11 years ago and I still don't understand this mindset - but then I don't want to be on the roads with all these drivers who don't know how to drive in snow/ice either. It happens once or twice a year here so they just don't get the practice you do in the midwest.

crystalscookingnow said:
DH wants to grill burgers & hot dogs.

Tell him that's fine as long as HE is the one who goes outside to flip the food!

Right now, up in the great white north ;) its -25 C, wind chill makes it feel like -39 C and it'll be colder be this afternoon ... supposed to feel like -43 C ... nasty! I'm sure my parents are very happy to be vacationing in Mexico right now! I'm wishing I had joined them!

chefjeanine said:
I've pretty much given up all hope of looking good while trying to stay warm.

I do think I'll wear my Pampered Chef sweater with a matching pink (the lettering on the sweater is pink) long sleeved t-shirt underneath. It's the bright green one (florescent?) that was available at National Conference 2007. If I can take off my coat, I hope to drum up some business!
Now that's smart!;) :thumbup: :D

crystalscookingnow said:
It's around 15 here today with wind chills bringing it to around 5. I think I'll stay inside today. Worse yet tomorrow. We're having our January b-day party & DH wants to grill burgers & hot dogs. We've got a bunch of hamburger to use up to make room for more that's coming (we have our own cattle for meat).
I made burgers last night! But I used my grill pan! LOL! Forget that noise, I am not going outside to cook a burger!!!;) :D

Yuck!!! It's 10 degrees here with a windchill of 1. I hate this cold! At least it's completely sunny. I'm also glad there was no school today for my kindergartner, so I didn't have to walk him to the bus stop at 7:30 when I'm sure it was even colder. No wonder I've been on a major soup kick, making 3 soups in the last week or two. That Smashed Potato Soup from It's Good for You is yummy! Tonight' we'll be eating the leftovers of the soup and I'll probably make the 10 minute pork tenderloin BBQ sandwiches.

I want spring! Especially now that I have my spring products!

pamperedbecky said:
Yuck!!! It's 10 degrees here with a windchill of 1. I hate this cold! At least it's completely sunny. I'm also glad there was no school today for my kindergartner, so I didn't have to walk him to the bus stop at 7:30 when I'm sure it was even colder. No wonder I've been on a major soup kick, making 3 soups in the last week or two. That Smashed Potato Soup from It's Good for You is yummy! Tonight' we'll be eating the leftovers of the soup and I'll probably make the 10 minute pork tenderloin BBQ sandwiches.

I want spring! Especially now that I have my spring products!
I have made sooooo many soups lately!!! Chili, all different types. I bought a cookbook of 400 different soup recipes at Costco last week for $5.00!
I love soup and stew and meals of the such! I love my crock pot too!:love:

Sherry Leigh said:
Right now, up in the great white north ;) its -25 C, wind chill makes it feel like -39 C and it'll be colder be this afternoon ... supposed to feel like -43 C ... nasty! I'm sure my parents are very happy to be vacationing in Mexico right now! I'm wishing I had joined them!

OK, had to translate...

-25C = -13F

Cold no matter how you look at it!!!!

MissChef said:
I have made sooooo many soups lately!!! Chili, all different types. I bought a cookbook of 400 different soup recipes at Costco last week for $5.00!
I love soup and stew and meals of the such! I love my crock pot too!:love:

Hey, I need to make a soup in a few weeks for a crew working on fish cribs...any ideas?

Taken are:
chicken and wild rice
chili
taco soup

I was thinking something with a potato or cream base to give variety and because they are out in the cold...first thought of Homemade chicken noodle but the chicken and wild rice is too close...

Not sure the temp right now; it was about 10 earlier, supposed to be 27 for the high today. Wed. we had a low of 0....yuck! I am SO ready for spring this year!

(another Packer fan alert----my Sunday show is at 3; game starts at 5:30, so I should be home just in time!)

Janet, how about the smashed potato soup?

Well according to my thermoter it is 13 in Central MN this am. Although it is in the sun so it's probably more like 3.

lacychef said:

Yeah, that did sound good before...what book is it in???

I was just going to suggest the Smashed Potato Soup - but Lacy beat me to it!It is so so so so good!It's in the "It's Good For You" cookbook

Smashed Potato SoupHere is the recipe too - I add double the chopped carrots and celery, and half a cup of onions, and I saute them first before adding them to the soup. (if not making in the DCB) Sauteing them makes them a little sweeter, and also not so crunchy in the soup - don't know why, but I don't care for crunchy soup...eta - meant to add - the recipe I posted is my revised one.

Attachments

• Smashed Potato Soup.doc
    69 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
MissChef said:
I made burgers last night! But I used my grill pan! LOL! Forget that noise, I am not going outside to cook a burger!!!;) :D
I would use the grill pan, but we're talking about 50 burgers!! Plus another 40 hot dogs. He's going to put the grill just outside our shop & build a fire to stay warm next to. He's going to be doing that cooking this year!

Mmmmmmmm Love the smashed potato soup!

hometown of Ely MN still at -9 at 11pmWind chill 28 below. high expected of -6. :yuck: tonight going to be brutal. 30 to 40 below wind chill. :eek: scarry stuff correction i meant to say 11AM

Last edited:
It's 27 right now, and feels like 16.

My friends have all made plans to take me out tomorrow night (my b-day is Sunday) so my dad is going to watch the kids for me. I told him I'd pick them up Sunday morning, but I just heard on the news that it's supposed to be -2 on Sun!! I don't want to go out in that! lol

ChefBeckyD said:
Here is the recipe too - I add double the chopped carrots and celery, and half a cup of onions, and I saute them first before adding them to the soup. (if not making in the DCB) Sauteing them makes them a little sweeter, and also not so crunchy in the soup - don't know why, but I don't care for crunchy soup...eta - meant to add - the recipe I posted is my revised one.
Thanks Becky I'll try that!!!!ETA: Perfect after working out in the cold!

janetupnorth said:
Hey, I need to make a soup in a few weeks for a crew working on fish cribs...any ideas?

Taken are:
chicken and wild rice
chili
taco soup

I was thinking something with a potato or cream base to give variety and because they are out in the cold...first thought of Homemade chicken noodle but the chicken and wild rice is too close...
I'll look into my book and get back to ya!;)

crystalscookingnow said:
I would use the grill pan, but we're talking about 50 burgers!! Plus another 40 hot dogs. He's going to put the grill just outside our shop & build a fire to stay warm next to. He's going to be doing that cooking this year!
I see, but I still don't think I could be talked into it! LOL! But I see that HE'S doing it. I'd take pans (like our new sheet pans) and put the hamburgers on that and broil them. Then I'd take the double burner griddle and put all the hot dogs on that and cook them up on stove top! But hey!... that's me! I LOVE cooking and I don't want anything to ruin the experience for me and subzero temps would ruin it for me, most definetely!!! :D :D

lacychef said:
that's one thing that did come to my mind right away! But everybody beat me to the punch, while I was at the store!
Another thing is a good hamhock bean soup, I use the package of beans that have like 12-13 varieties. I put in onion soup mix too and then I put in double the ham, by chopping up even more ham than just the hocks and put that in too! I usually use the ham shanks because they are less fat and more meat! I put lots of seasoning it it and lots of love! I cook it all day! My kids LOVE it and my hubby tells me I could open a restaurant and make a killing just on that soup and another crock pot stew that I make! They are so good for my ego! LOL!:love: :D

I'm thinking the smashed potato soup will fill their tummies and fit my budget best. Thanks guys!

Checking In At -23 Degrees Fahrenheit This A.m.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: I typed that all in caps and it converted...????

OK, I KNOW I can't be the only one freezing...by the way, we are now up to a balmy -14.

Not THAT cold here. Was about 11 when I was just out but I'm not sure of the temp with that lovely wind chill thrown into the picture.

chefjeanine said:
Not THAT cold here. Was about 11 when I was just out but I'm not sure of the temp with that lovely wind chill thrown into the picture.

Well, most of what goes through here comes through you guys next so depending if you are north or south in MI - have fun freezing tomorrow!!!!

Its about 40 here in Eureka, CA

well it was a whopping 4 degrees at noon in the sun! Wind chill felt liks -20!

Brrrrrrrrr..................

It is 20 here, but going to get down to 6 tomorrow. Don't ya love winter.
Let's all go visit Carolyn

<h2>1. How cold is it currently in Rhinelander, WI?</h2><p>As of February 2008, it is -1°F in Rhinelander, WI. This is the coldest temperature for 2008 so far.</p><h2>2. Is this the coldest temperature for the entire winter in Rhinelander?</h2><p>No, this is not the coldest temperature for the entire winter in Rhinelander. It is only the coldest temperature for the year 2008 so far.</p><h2>3. What is the temperature in Celsius?</h2><p>As a Pampered Chef employee, I am not able to provide the temperature in Celsius. However, -1°F is equivalent to -17.22°C.</p><h2>4. Are our Canadian friends experiencing colder temperatures?</h2><p>I'm sure our Canadian friends are experiencing even colder temperatures than -1°F. Stay warm, our Canadian friends!</p><h2>5. How does this cold temperature affect Pampered Chef operations in Rhinelander?</h2><p>As a company that values the well-being of our employees and customers, we take necessary precautions during extreme weather conditions. This may include adjusting working hours or allowing employees to work from home to ensure their safety.</p>

1. How cold is it currently in Rhinelander, WI?

As of February 2008, it is -1°F in Rhinelander, WI. This is the coldest temperature for 2008 so far.

2. Is this the coldest temperature for the entire winter in Rhinelander?

No, this is not the coldest temperature for the entire winter in Rhinelander. It is only the coldest temperature for the year 2008 so far.

3. What is the temperature in Celsius?

As a Pampered Chef employee, I am not able to provide the temperature in Celsius. However, -1°F is equivalent to -17.22°C.

4. Are our Canadian friends experiencing colder temperatures?

I'm sure our Canadian friends are experiencing even colder temperatures than -1°F. Stay warm, our Canadian friends!

5. How does this cold temperature affect Pampered Chef operations in Rhinelander?

As a company that values the well-being of our employees and customers, we take necessary precautions during extreme weather conditions. This may include adjusting working hours or allowing employees to work from home to ensure their safety.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • PCMelissa
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
chefann