• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How the Holiday Inn Guy Went From Zero to Hero in 60 Seconds

In summary, the speaker travels frequently and encounters many issues with hotel rooms. They recently had a cold room and had to switch to a new one with a broken heater. Despite being offered a suite with a jacuzzi, the speaker is still experiencing issues with the heat and the toilet overflowing.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Anyone who travels a lot has lots of horror stories about hotel rooms they've encountered. I've got a new one for my files.Many of you know that I travel 100% for my "real" job and I spent almost 100 nights in hotel rooms last year. My current task requires working third shift, a concept which is completely foreign to many hotel staff members. (Like housekeepers insisting on coming into my room to make the bed at 10:00 AM after I've been asleep for a couple of hours.)I arrived at my hotel about 4:00 AM and checked in - it was a short night and we finished early. It's been cold in Indianapolis at night, and last night was no exception. My room was, in a word, cold. I turned on the heat and started to unpack, and by that time, the heater was spewing out temperatures similar to an oven about to bake a Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Braid. I turned it off and went to sleep.I awoke about 7 and you could hang meat in my room. I put on my coat to warm up and walked over to turn on the heat. Nothing. Nada. No heat, no fan, nothing. In my pajamas, house slippers and stadium coat, I trudged up to the front desk and announced my problem. The PYT promised to call maintenence and fix it - I told her to wake me when it was warm and I passed out on a sofa in the lobby.Ever been in a hotel lobby at 7:30 AM? I might has well have been trying to sleep on a bench in Central Park on Sunday. Finally, the hotel manager came and woke me up, handed me a key card and said she had a room I could use until the heat worked and led me to a room that was right next door to my room. It was colder than mine and the heat didn't work in there, either. (The maintenence guy had thrown the breaker to work on mine.) I just said I'd keep the coat on and try to sleep in my room. Mutt & Jeff came in and worked on heater while I tried to sleep and they were more entertaining than a Chuck Jones cartoon. When the finally left, the fan was blowing and I went to sleep.I woke up a few minutes ago and the room is colder than it was - the repaired heater is moving cold air like a Nor'easter. The manager is exasperated and can't apologize enough. She thinks I'm mad but I'm actually still half asleep and I'm mostly amused, albeit, frustrated that I'm cold.They just moved me into a suite with a Jacuzzi for the rest of my week here in Indy.And it's warm!

Last edited:
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
They just moved me into a suite with a Jacuzzi for the rest of my week here in Indy.

And it's warm!

Enjoy that jacuzzi (when you are awake!)

Order up a massage to ease the stress!

[Inspector Clusseau voice] Do you have for me, a mes-sahge?" [/Inspector Clusseau voice]

sorry you've had such a bad (cold) experience. At least they are willing to accomodate you. A suite, huh? If the heat goes out now, at least you'll have a warm jacuzzi to nap in! Good luck! Mutt & jeff.....love that!!

Paige Dixon said:
Order up a massage to ease the stress!

Holiday Inn Indianapolis = massage?

Good luck! :p

Hey KG, Welcome to the Hoosier State! :p

The saying in Indiana goes, "If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes, it will change." Apparently the same is true for Hotel Room Temperatures too! LOLOLOLOLOL

:p :p :p

Hey Rae! Party in KG's ROOM!!! LOLOLOLOL :p :p :p

But does the jacuzzi have hot water or is that broken too?

hoosierchef said:
Hey KG, Welcome to the Hoosier State! :p

The saying in Indiana goes, "If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes, it will change." Apparently the same is true for Hotel Room Temperatures too! LOLOLOLOLOL

:p :p :p
That is what we say here in New England!

amy07 said:
Oh, Amy, let him dream! (If you don't tell him the water's cold he can imagine that it's hot while he shivers under the blankets.)

amy07 said:
Haven't tried it yet.

The maintenance guy just left after mopping up Lake Mead in there, from the toilet overflowing.

This place is going to throw me out - I've been in three rooms in 12 hours and broken something in each one.

The sun will come out tomorrow, tomorrow.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Haven't tried it yet.

The maintenance guy just left after mopping up Lake Mead in there, from the toilet overflowing.

This place is going to throw me out - I've been in three rooms in 12 hours and broken something in each one.

are you bragging about breaking the toilet?!?!:eek: :eek:

Nah - I wish I could say it was my doing - but the flap stuck open and it was pouring into the bowl faster than it was draining - it hadda go someplace!There's a TKG is or is not fulla something joke in there someplace.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Nah - I wish I could say it was my doing - but the flap stuck open and it was pouring into the bowl faster than it was draining - it hadda go someplace!

There's a TKG is or is not fulla something joke in there someplace.

Well, I was thinkin' you were fulla *$#&, but I wasn't going to say it! ;) :p

Hoosier Hospitality only runs so deep KG....better watch it! LOL :p

Wow...KG...when you check out of there, they might ask you to not come back! At least they are cleaning up after your disasters. I would ask to not be charged for the rooms! Good luck the rest of the week!

by the way, our discussion of "Bigmouth" killed the other thread! HA!

I don't care if they comp me or not (they did) since my boss pays the bill and I don't participate in profit sharing. But they DID upgrade me to a suite with a Jacuzzi.

Hmmm...you think your boss will wonder why the room was "comped"? He'll be surprised. Rooms with jacuzzi's are great, but better if there's someone to share it with. At least this one's warm! Now watch, tomorrow it'll be like 70 or something, and you won't need heat! That would figure.

It's pretty nice out right now - I'm not wearing a jacket outside, but I'd rather have a heater that works, thanks.I've already had a couple of volunteers from Indiana but none of them have shown up yet.

hoosierchef said:
Hey Rae! Party in KG's ROOM!!! LOLOLOLOL :p :p :p

I don't know. From the stories I've heard about KG and hotel rooms, I'm not sure I'm well-insured enough to go to a party in one.

Really, KG, I feel your pain. I've been forced to switch rooms a time or two myself.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
[Inspector Clusseau voice] Do you have for me, a mes-sahge?" [/Inspector Clusseau voice]

Priceless. I love the brackets!

[Inspector Clusseau voice] I would like a rkkkkuum [/Inspector Clusseau Voice]

[Inspector Clusseau voice] Does your dog bite [/Inspector Clusseau voice]
[Guy in hotel] No [/guy in hotel]
*dog bites*
[Inspector Clusseau voice] Ouch, i thought you said that you dog does not bite?!?!?! [/Inspector Clusseau voice]
[guy in hotel] that's not my dog[/guy in hotel]

[Woman]That was a priceless Stienway![/WOman]
[Clusseau]Not anymore[/Clusseau]

Ok, im done!

Thanks, Sarah! Of course, not everyone gets the brackets gag but that's okay. It's almost enough to make me go rent A Shot In The Dark or The Pink Panther while I'm on the road. I just found out that my oncologist passed away last night, so I could use a good laugh or ten.

So sorry for your loss, KG. I know many of my friends who have experienced cancer have developed very close relationships with their oncologists.

I'm very sorry for your loss, too! Trying to think of something funny to make you laugh, but nothings coming to mind at the moment...sorry. I'll work on it.
In the meantime, I hope you're warm today!!

Thank you.He was a very special man and I have some specific warm memories of him.He diagnosed his own cancer a few years ago and gave himself 5 to 10 years to live. The hospital named the cancer center after him while he was still alive - a wonderful tribute to someone who saved so many, and touched so many more lives with his work.Here he is, leaving the cancer center that bears his name. He said he wasn't afraid of dying, he just didn't want to.http://www2.jsonline.com/graphics/news/img/sep05/cancer11-ss.jpg

Very cool that someone is honored like that while they are still around to see it. Way too many people are honored after they leave this world...and I'm happy that you have fond memories.....always keep them!

ANYWAY! I was trying to stick a funny picture in here, but I'm too much of a dork to figure out how to do that! I just can't figure it out. That's why I sell PC and not computers!!! ha.

It's actually quite simple to do. Even I figured it out!Click here to see how to do it.

KG, you crack me up! When I posted last, I said to my DD, "watch, KG is going to tell me how to insert pictures into a post." I almost fell out of my chair when I logged back in and THERE YOU WERE! Thank you...I'm going to try this and see if I can figure it out. Your instructions are great. You rock! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Let's see how bad I can screw this up! HA!

see if this works...Okay, I'm trying this and hopefully it works.....KG, I hope this makes you smile..if it doesn't you should smile anyway, because you taught me how to do somthing on this computer that I didn't know how to before. Thanks so much!

noname.jpg

Doncha just love that photo?

yep - thats why I posted it. did it make you smile? hope so!! and thanks again for helping me figure out how to do it!

Made me giggle!

1. How did the "Holiday Inn Guy" go from zero to hero in just 60 seconds?

The "Holiday Inn Guy" became a hero when he encountered a hotel room with no heat and the hotel staff quickly accommodated him by moving him to a suite with a Jacuzzi.

2. How often does the "Holiday Inn Guy" travel for his job?

The "Holiday Inn Guy" travels 100% for his job and spent almost 100 nights in hotel rooms last year.

3. What time does the "Holiday Inn Guy" usually work?

The "Holiday Inn Guy" works third shift, which is a concept that is foreign to many hotel staff members.

4. What happened when the "Holiday Inn Guy" woke up at 7:00 AM?

The "Holiday Inn Guy" found that his room was still freezing and he had to go to the hotel lobby to try to warm up.

5. How did the hotel staff handle the situation with the "Holiday Inn Guy's" cold room?

The hotel staff were apologetic and quickly tried to find a solution by moving the "Holiday Inn Guy" to a suite with a Jacuzzi for the rest of his stay.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
KimmyDarling
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies