• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tired Wednesday: The Toledo Bus Incident!

In summary, everyone was extremely tired on Wednesday due to lack of sleep and long travels. Some had slept for only 5 1/2 hours since Saturday and had to deal with delayed flights and medical emergencies. Others were exhausted from dragging heavy luggage and not getting enough sleep due to roommates' concerns. Despite being tired, they still managed to attend a dinner banquet and general sessions.
pampered1224
Silver Member
How tired was everyone on Wednesday?
I hate to say this but I was so tired, got a whole 12 hours sleep between Sunday and Tueday nights - that I almost ended up in get this, Toledo!
Yep. I did it. I took Mega bus to Chicago and back. On Wednesday I was not paying to much attention to the buses coming and going and our bus for Milwaukee was leaving at 3:30 p.m. Well, a bus pulled out as I was getting there. About 10 minutes later another bus came in. I did not look at the sign. I threw my bags under the bus and went to get on when a lady stopped me. She as if I was from Milwaukee. When I said yes, she told me to get my bags as they were headed to Toledo Ohio. I almost died of embarassment!
It turned out that about 15 other ladies from the Stzkowsky downline were waiting for the Milwaukee bus too. Thank goodness or I would have had one heck of day! We got into Milwaukee 20 minutes late, horrible traffic. I went to dinner with Pat then got home by 8. I sat down to pet my cat and fell asleep on the couch, sitting up, with my hand petting my cat.
I woke up about 6 hours later and went to bed!
Then slept until 7:30. I never sleep that long! Only 12 hours!

I WAS SO Tired! After only getting 10 hours of sleep from sunday-wednesday I was fighting to stay awake at our dinner banquet and during general sessions when the awards seemed sooo long!

Hey Heather, how has the jet lag been?
I am afraid of being hit big time w/ jet lag.

It's only a 2 hour time difference.

I was exhausted!Our MegaBus was scheduled to leave at 4:45, but it didn't pull up until 5:00. We arrived in Detroit on time, though. Once we got to the car, and drove everyone home, it was 1:30 (Eastern time) when I finally fell into bed. I slept until 9:30 this morning.

SOOOOOOO TIRED!!!

I only got 5 1/2 hours of sleep for Wed. As if I wasn't tired enough, there was a 3 hour delay coming back to California, then when we finally got on the plane, we had to make a medical emergency landing in Las Vegas because someone on the plane was having chest pains! Then when I finally got back to LAX airport, I still had to drive home 3 1/2 hours. Basically I did not get to sleep until about 3:30 a.m (which felt like 5:30a.m. bc of the time difference) Of course my adorable little 19 mo. old woke up at 7:30 a.m. Ok that was a slight hi-jack but I am really reall really tired!

By the time I got home at 3:30 this AM, I'd had nine hours of sleep since SATURDAY! I'd waited till the last minute to pack, and was so wound up and excited about leaving that I didn't go to bed.One word:
HURTING

You know. I wasn't too overly tired, considering...I never seem to get enough sleep at home either. It was hard to keep my eyes open in the bright sun while driving w/o my sunglasses today, though. I left them in my conference bag when I went out this morning.
Kimmy Darling, I think I saw you across the way a couple of times, but both times it was so busy, I'd try to see your tag to get your name, and too many people were in my way or you'd move or I'd get distracted and you'd be gone! I'm trying to work on learning names, but two for each on this site makes it extra hard. Next time.

Oh my goodness. I am so tired too. John I am so glad you didn't wake up in Toledo. I am exhausted from no sleep--one of my room mates was not able to be found Tues. night and her friend (my other room mate) stayed up all night worrying and looking. She was so upset and I had had wine and a sleeping pill and slept thru some of it but still very little for me, less than an hour for room mate 1 and room mate 2 came in about 6 a.m. Today my throat hurts and my right are is sooooo sore from dragging what weighed out to be 95 lbs of luggage (4 bags) from registration area at McCormick to the complete other end of McCormick for my airport shuttle. Honestly, I began to wonder why I even went while trying to handle those bags up and down escalators and thru revolving doors. I was so tired I wanted to cry--but no time for that--hurry, hurry hurry. When I rest up--I will be excited. I wish I was up to call customers. I have one on her way now to pick up products that came in while I was gone. I don't know her but am trying to look nice and make a great impression on a new customer. Then I plan to pass out--oh except my husband is late and I am just now making supper. I yeah that.
Are we able to give the mini catalogs out to our customers yet? or is it a surprise???
I enjoyed meeting all of you at Mon. night's meet n greet. Ann thanks for being our ring leader. Has anyone heard from Pampered Laura. I just want to make sure she got home safe. Wish we could all get together when we have not such a busy schedule. But we can get together here on CS.

I acutally just walked in the door after traveling all day today to get home to Maine... We always stay over night the last night and had fun going to Sears Tower and the Navy Pier, but it totally wore me out. I'm super super tired but trying to get caught up on emails!!!! I think all of my consultants who weren't at conference needed something from me while I was gone! LoL

My neck is still sore from both carrying around overloaded tote bags and from sleeping funny (you know, strange bed, strange pillow...). I'm actually considering taking tomorrow off work, too, and heading to the massage school near me to get my first ever massage to make it feel better.

chefann said:
My neck is still sore from both carrying around overloaded tote bags ....

That's why I'm bringing a rolling briefcase. :)

WowI thought I was bad! Two hour drive home, 12 hours of sleep. Most of you got less and traveled more. Now I really feel embarassed!
Well, I do know this, it was well worth staying up late for some freaking party thingy we had at 10 Sunday and Monday nights. Still haven't figured out what the attraction was there. I don't think I will do that again next year. To hard. NOT!
It was all worth the aches and pains, (Yeah, I could barley move this a.m. - and yes it is my leg but it is a good sore. Not the one I have to worry about! My doc would be proud!) and no sleep!
And I gotta say thank you to all of you! This is the best conference I have had since after the first one. Only because of of all of you! Now, how many non Cheffers can say they KNEW so many people from all over the place at conference? It was neat seeing a smile or get a hi or wave from someone. Strangely enough, the year I went down without Deb and Pam, I felt very alone. I know that will never happen again!
WE ARE CHEFFERS FOR EVER AND TOGETHER WE STAND! To much fun!!!

Hey John! You did like the parties at the Hilton or no?? I enjoyed meeting everyone. You made a totally cute frame. Fun cab ride, huh? Great conference--good times.

chefann said:
My neck is still sore from both carrying around overloaded tote bags and from sleeping funny (you know, strange bed, strange pillow...). I'm actually considering taking tomorrow off work, too, and heading to the massage school near me to get my first ever massage to make it feel better.
I told you that I had plenty of room! :p

chefjwr said:
Hey John! You did like the parties at the Hilton or no?? I enjoyed meeting everyone. You made a totally cute frame. Fun cab ride, huh? Great conference--good times.
That hack will be talking about us for months!

Hey everyone!!!!!
I'm finally getting back on here for the 1st time after conference. Whew, I'm overwhelmed with everything that I need to review on here. I just don't think I will be able to get through everything.:D Stupid old me was up until about 1 am last night, woke up at 7 and now I'm nearing midnight here again!! I should just go to bed, because as has been mentioned....didn't get much sleep at conference!:) It was awesome though! HAd a ton of fun meeting cheffers. And finally meeting two of my consultants in person!!! Hi guys!

I'll have to catch up on everything later! :D I'll have to search around because I'm wondering if all those fruit basket pictures ended up on here somewhere.:)

Welcome to the night shift!

See, I"m still here. And I found those awesome fruit hat pics. Lovely! Ok, now I'm really going to bed.....

I was so tired as well......... I got home at 3am this morning my plane was delyed three times out of midway.. and then I had to drive two hours home!!! I slept from 4am-to 5pm

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I told you that I had plenty of room! :p
shh..... we don't want any evidence floating around. If anyone asks, I stayed in my room and you stayed in yours. *winkwink*

Oh myDon't get me wrong Julie - I was being sarcastic as is my nature!
I loved doing the party thing! It was really a great time. It was worth the staying up until, well, mid night Sunday then 1 a.m. on Monday! I really do want to do it again next year. And I really would be interested in seeing about doing a suite!
At yes, the cab ride was funny. I felt sorry for the cab driver because he really did close his eyes everytime you all flashed that camera! Although, I don't know how much you all tipped him but I am thinking it was pretty good! KG is right, he probably will talk about us for a while! "They were nuts, totally nuts!"
He was being nice when he said it didn't bother him!

Conference is for two things, learning and staying up late with great people!

Last edited:
pampered1224 said:
Conference is for two things, learning and staying up late with great people!

You sure have that right John! I said often (to my cluster mates who thought life ended at 9pm!) that I had 361 other nights of the year to sleep!

I was exhausted by the time I got home. We drove home from Chicago. Had to make a good 30 minute detour to dropped one of our group off about half-way home. Then to my director's house which is another 1/2 hour off route to the north. Then me and the gal left piled into her car and headed south, and about half-way there met up with my dh so HE could move my bags and take me home!

I was so sick of hauling around those bags! My neck is still sore from having bags strapped over my shoulders (crisscrossed, of course).

THANK YOU to all of you who raved about Crocs! I bought my first ever pair a couple of weeks before conference and wore them like crazy beforehand. My feet and my legs never once bothered me and didn't even get tired! Too bad they look so ugly, but there does come times when you simply don't care :p

So, I'm still tired and weary, but it was so worth it! I wouldn't have missed the MnGs for anything!

chefann said:
shh..... we don't want any evidence floating around. If anyone asks, I stayed in my room and you stayed in yours. *winkwink*
You, at least, have witlesses who can vouch for you. No one can say who, or who didn't, follow me into the elevator after that close-quarters cab ride.

;)

Of course, to quote the bosses...What happens at conference, stays at conference!I don't kiss and tell. In much detail, anyway.

and see this is why I think I had the most fun...more so then with anyone else!!!! We should have our own virtual cluster next year.. and just sit next to each other!!! LOL

Related to Tired Wednesday: The Toledo Bus Incident!

1. What is "Tired Wednesday: The Toledo Bus Incident!"?

"Tired Wednesday: The Toledo Bus Incident!" is a humorous and satirical play on the concept of a long and tiresome work week. It references a fictional incident that supposedly happened on a Wednesday in Toledo, Ohio, where passengers on a bus were all so exhausted that they fell asleep and missed their stop.

2. Is "Tired Wednesday: The Toledo Bus Incident!" a real event?

No, it is not a real event. It is a made-up concept that is meant to be funny and relatable to anyone who has experienced the exhaustion and monotony of a typical work week.

3. Who wrote "Tired Wednesday: The Toledo Bus Incident!"?

The author of this play on words is unknown, as it has become a popular internet meme and has been shared and adapted by many different individuals and companies.

4. Why is "Tired Wednesday: The Toledo Bus Incident!" relevant to Pampered Chef?

As a company that focuses on providing kitchen tools and recipes to make cooking and meal prep easier and more enjoyable, Pampered Chef understands the importance of taking a break and enjoying some humor in the midst of a busy week. "Tired Wednesday: The Toledo Bus Incident!" serves as a reminder to take care of oneself and find moments of rest and laughter.

5. Can I use the phrase "Tired Wednesday: The Toledo Bus Incident!" in my own marketing or social media posts?

Yes, you are welcome to use this phrase in your own content as long as it is not used in a way that could be seen as offensive or inappropriate. However, keep in mind that the phrase is not trademarked or owned by anyone, so it may not have the same impact or recognition as it did when it first gained popularity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lacychef
  • pcchris
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
JAE
Replies
Views
jrstephens