• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Insomnia Leads to Early Morning Workout: My Story

In summary, the person is struggling to get sleep and has gone to the gym instead. They are also reading a book to help them get to sleep.
lockhartkitchen
Thursday night I had insomnia. It was 4 AM and I still hadn't fallen asleep. I did what is insane for me. I got up and went to the gym instead of my late morning time. I worked out for an hour, came home and slept for a few hours.

Back to it again tonight (well, day since it's 2:53 AM), cat won't stay off of me, cat climbing on things and knocking them down, cat in the window and playing with the blinds, cat sent out of my room. My mind won't stop thinking. I have a fair tomorrow, so it's like Christmas morning for me. I took a hot shower, on here, I think I'll attempt again to sleep.

Re: insomniaOh that happens to me when I have so much on my mine and I can't sleep. Try taking Tylenol PM!

Re: insomniaOh - how frustrating! I am so sorry you're unable to get any sleep!

Re: insomniaI've been having that some, too. More and more the older I get :rolleyes:

Good for you that you did something productive, i.e., gym, instead of fighting it...lately I've been trying to do something to do with PC if I can't sleep...beats some of the mindless drivel on television anyway...

Re: insomniaDH will be switching back to nights again in less than two weeks(flip-flops every 56 days) and I still haven't gotten over my bad sleep habits from the last time he was on nights! Our kids are usually asleep between 9 and 10 (they're night owls, too, apparently) and so I usually stay up in order to get work done. By the time I finish my work, it's around 1 a.m. And I'm WIDE awake. Some nights I just can't get motivated, but I'm trying to make myself clean as much as possible when I'm up that late and can't sleep...might as well get something productive done while I'm up! My house should be spotless at this rate, but no such luck. I'm just glad my kids sleep til 9 or 10 in the morning so I'm not a total zombie if I don't get to sleep until 3 or 4. I can still get 6-7 hours that way if I'm lucky.
One thing that really helps me a lot is to read a chapter or two of a good book. Usually that's what my mind needs to get a bit more worn out. I like Kathy's idea of doing something with PC though...might have to start doing that!

1. Why is it important to exercise in the morning if you have insomnia?

Exercising in the morning can help regulate your sleep cycle and improve the quality of your sleep. It also gives you a sense of accomplishment and boosts your energy levels for the day.

2. How long should I exercise in the morning if I have insomnia?

The duration of your morning workout will depend on your fitness level and preferences. It can range from 20 minutes to an hour. The key is to be consistent and listen to your body.

3. Can exercising in the morning worsen my insomnia?

While it is possible for intense workouts to disrupt your sleep, moderate exercise in the morning has been shown to improve sleep quality. It is important to find a balance and not overexert yourself.

4. How can I motivate myself to exercise in the morning when I feel tired from insomnia?

Start small and gradually increase the intensity of your workouts. Set achievable goals and remind yourself of the benefits of exercising for your sleep and overall health. Find an exercise routine that you enjoy to make it easier to stick to.

5. Are there any other tips for incorporating morning workouts into my routine for better sleep?

Be consistent with your sleep and exercise schedule, even on weekends. Create a relaxing bedtime routine and avoid screens before bed. Also, avoid caffeine and heavy meals close to bedtime. These habits can help improve your sleep and make it easier to wake up for morning workouts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tara1021
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Tara1021
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
  • Kitchen Diva