• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spring Preview Invite...opinion Needed :)

C
cookingabcs
Hey there everyone!!

This is the first invite that I've tried to design myself (I usually just tweek others) so be brutally honest.:eek: but kind. I'm not huge into design but I couldn't find a Taste of the Tropics invite up yet and I need to get my invites out this week.

Thanks for the opinions.

Here's to a great spring selling season!!

Attachments

• Spring 07 preview show.doc
    114 KB · Views: 439
Looks great!! Good luck with you open house.

It's great! I may have to borrow this.

Great job! Very appealing! I might change "Kitchen Show" to "Cooking Show" and "Kitchen Consultant" to "Consultant".

Good luck with your open house!

I looks great except we are REALLLLLLLLY not supposed to be showing the new products until March 1st. I was on a Director's Conferecne Call the other day with my NED and she was discussing this.

dannyzmom said:
I looks great except we are REALLLLLLLLY not supposed to be showing the new products until March 1st. I was on a Director's Conferecne Call the other day with my NED and she was discussing this.

Hmmm....I hear of people having these types of parties all the time. I had one last fall--out with the old and in with the new. It was great!

What was their reasoning?

DebbieJ said:
Hmmm....I hear of people having these types of parties all the time. I had one last fall--out with the old and in with the new. It was great!

What was their reasoning?

Home Office wants us releasing them to our customers when they are officially released - which is March 1st. And if a handful of consultants in an area is showing them prematurely, while others are following the rules - customers catch wind of htat (Jane is not showing new stuff while Susie is...) It looks bad for the consultant who is breaking the rules.

March and April bookings then?
dannyzmom said:
Home Office wants us releasing them to our customers when they are officially released - which is March 1st. And if a handful of consultants in an area is showing them prematurely, while others are following the rules - customers catch wind of htat (Jane is not showing new stuff while Susie is...) It looks bad for the consultant who is breaking the rules.

Then how are you to promote bookings for furture months if you can't show the products as incentive? At least the products that are the host specials....:confused:

Last year I did do a Sneak Peek show and it went well. The show wasn't until I think the last week of the month though so I didn't feel like I was cheating my current hosts or other consultants. At the actual show they order anything they wanted from the current catalog and then could make an advanced order for new stuff only. Of course I was also out to get the bookings;)

cookingabcs said:
Then how are you to promote bookings for furture months if you can't show the products as incentive? At least the products that are the host specials....:confused:

The good news for this is that the March Host special is nothing "New" so you have to worry about that!:p

Great flyer! I might use it for my March Show and of course change the special. Thanks.

Hmmm, I'm already handing out March Host packets w/ the new catalogs...and we can order the mini catalogs now, and mail them out....what is the difference between giving those to everyone, and letting people see the products? I have already been booking March shows by bringing a couple new products with me to shows and teasing people with them...I guess I've never heard that we can't show them before March 1st....I'm not trying to sound snotty or anything - I just don't understand why we would be able to have the catalogs etc...now, if we can't show them to people???

Last edited:
cookingabcs said:

Our NED has trained us to "tease" our customers...pick ONE new product to show them and tease them about the others..."When you book a show in March you'll get to see all the other new fabulous items..."

When I host my sneak peak shows...it is specifically to show the new products in order to get bookings for the new season...I'm just now sure how that could be wrong????

Alison-I really like your invite. One thing I might change is the picture on the left. I would probably put a PC logo there just so people know right away what it is about. Other than that (and changing some of the wording, which has been mentioned already) it looks great!

dannyzmom said:
Our NED has trained us to "tease" our customers...pick ONE new product to show them and tease them about the others..."When you book a show in March you'll get to see all the other new fabulous items..."
So then why were the new product mini-catalogs available for us to give out right after everything was announced in January?

I plan on taking my dots small bowl and towels to my shows in February. I did that in August as well...took a couple of new products as teasers to get bookings. I don't see a problem with it...we can't order any of it till march anyway.

We are in business for ourselves, not by ourselves...
I think HO tells us what they'd recommend, but not FORBID us from showing things... I've never heard, "Don't show " until the new season officially starts.
But if they send me an email, saying this, fine, I'll wait...
BUT I have a host of a March Catalog show...so do I wait until March 1st to send her package to her...???... I think not. I haven't sent it yet though, I do feel I need to wait a bit.

I think your flyer looks great alison! I would do the whole Pc Logo on it as well. Hope it works for you!

ChefNic said:
We are in business for ourselves, not by ourselves...
I think HO tells us what they'd recommend, but not FORBID us from showing things... I've never heard, "Don't show " until the new season officially starts.
But if they send me an email, saying this, fine, I'll wait...
BUT I have a host of a March Catalog show...so do I wait until March 1st to send her package to her...???... I think not. I haven't sent it yet though, I do feel I need to wait a bit.

I don't think anyone is seeing anything wrong with showing a few products at our February shows (at least I don't think so...:eek: )

I think the concern is having actual "March" shows during February and unveiling them all and collecting the orders. As I said before though I have done something similar to this but it was the last week of the month verses the 1st week when it may be hurting other show sales.

rayday said:
I don't think anyone is seeing anything wrong with showing a few products at our February shows (at least I don't think so...:eek: )

I think the concern is having actual "March" shows during February and unveiling them all and collecting the orders. As I said before though I have done something similar to this but it was the last week of the month verses the 1st week when it may be hurting other show sales.

I am going by what Dannyzmom said on page 1:
"I looks great except we are REALLLLLLLLY not supposed to be showing the new products until March 1st."

She says "showing"...
and since she was at Leadership...she knows what they are talking about. I don't...But I think they are probably suggesting, recommending...not like we would get 'fired'... But if I have a Preview Open House..as I'm thinking...it wouldn't be until the last week of Feb. ...like the 27th...a couple days early. I don't see a problem with this.... but again, I wasn't at leadership.

I can see the beauty in 'teasing' them... I took my black TTA to my last show, briefly mentioned it, and as I was flipping through my flipchart discussing the Host Program, I had the April HS in there, and said..."Here's a sneak peek at a new product" and got a lot of Ohhs and Ahhs !!!

Last edited:
ChefNic said:
I am going by what Dannyzmom said on page 1:
"I looks great except we are REALLLLLLLLY not supposed to be showing the new products until March 1st."

She says "showing"...
and since she was at Leadership...she knows what they are talking about. I don't...But I think they are probably suggesting, recommending...not like we would get 'fired'... But if I have a Preview Open House..as I'm thinking...it wouldn't be until the last week of Feb. ...like the 27th...a couple days early. I don't see a problem with this.... but again, I wasn't at leadership.

I can see the beauty in 'teasing' them... I took my black TTA to my last show, briefly mentioned it, and as I was flipping through my flipchart discussing the Host Program, I had the April HS in there, and said..."Here's a sneak peek at a new product" and got a lot of Ohhs and Ahhs !!!

I was not at Leadership.
On our Director's Conference Call with my NED last week she addressed this and said Home Office feels very strongly about consultants showing new products before they are released. It creates a non-level playing ground for consultants who are doing as they should. You are welcome to do whatever you choose - as you said, you are in business FOR yourself. I am not telling you what you can or cannot do -- I am just telling you what my NED has trained us to do.

dannyzmom said:
I was not at Leadership.
On our Director's Conference Call with my NED last week she addressed this and said Home Office feels very strongly about consultants showing new products before they are released. It creates a non-level playing ground for consultants who are doing as they should. You are welcome to do whatever you choose - as you said, you are in business FOR yourself. I am not telling you what you can or cannot do -- I am just telling you what my NED has trained us to do.

There's a big difference between showing a product as a teaser, including mailing out mini-cats to get bookings, and showing a product lilke having a "New Products" event in February and actually taking orders then. My interpretation has always been that we can show (i.e. make people aware of) new products once the mini-cats are released from HO. But we can't sell new products (including taking pre-orders) until the official start of the new catalog (outside orders as part of a show that's in March are an exception).

Ann...I agree with you. We really aren't suppose to start taking orders. However, I read something from HO...not sure if it was an email or what...that mentioned getting your host packets to March hosts in February and they could start taking orders. That makes sense because you always give your host her packet early.

I wouldn't start taking orders now for Spring products, but toward the end of the month I think it is okay to have a Spring preview show or open house. Once we send out those mini-catalogs everyone will know what the products are and start calling anyway.

Personally, I do not have a problem with anyone taking orders now for Spring products...they can't turn them in till March anyway. I don't see a lot of people ordering and paying for stuff they won't get for over a month.

...and I guess I've just never heard or read from HO or anyone in my upline, that we can't show products before the new season....in fact, my upline encourages Sneak Peek shows as a way of generating excitement for the new season. I'm really not trying to be argumentative - it's just that I've sold PC for 4 years, and never heard this from anyone before.

SillyChef, as a reminder, we can't use the logo on flyers unless we're a director. One more reason I want to promote!!!!

Related to Spring Preview Invite...opinion Needed :)

1. What is the purpose of the "Spring Preview Invite"?

The purpose of the "Spring Preview Invite" is to invite guests to a spring-themed event, where they can preview and potentially purchase products for the upcoming season.

2. How did you come up with the design for the invite?

I looked for inspiration from other invites and decided to create my own design to fit the theme of "Taste of the Tropics". I also wanted to make sure it stood out and caught people's attention.

3. Can you tell us more about the event being previewed?

The event will showcase new products for the spring season, with a focus on tropical and exotic flavors. Guests will have the opportunity to sample and purchase these products before they are officially released.

4. Is this event open to everyone or just certain individuals?

This event is open to everyone. However, the invite is specifically designed for those who are interested in trying out new products and experiencing a taste of the tropics.

5. When should guests expect to receive their invites?

I will be sending out the invites this week, so guests can expect to receive them within the next few days. I want to make sure everyone has enough time to RSVP and plan accordingly for the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
kspry
  • PampMomof3
  • Pampered Chef Sales