• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spring Preview Show: Boost Sales & Bookings with a Sneak Peek Event!

In summary, the conversation is about the idea of hosting a spring preview show in February to showcase new products and potentially generate sales and bookings. Some people have had success with this type of show in the past, while others are hesitant due to past experiences with open house events. Suggestions are made to make the show more special, such as making it a host appreciation event or offering a mystery host reward. The timing of the show is also discussed, with some suggesting to hold it during double points time in March. It is also mentioned that the new products may not be available for sale immediately, but can be used as a booking tool for future shows. The conversation ends with the decision to hold the show in February and submit it for double points.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
How many of you do some kind of spring preview show? I was thinking of doing something the last weekend in February. I thought of inviting all my past hosts for a sneak preview to get sales and possibly bookings for the new season. I know my director does this, she will sell from both catalogs and turn in two shows in case someone wants to order something that is retiring.

That sounds like a good idea!

I have done them in the past when I reached a good Level of Sellathon and have a lot of the new stuff on hand. I think it is better for this time than in the fall b/c to me the products changes seem to be better and more.

that IS a good idea! I may have to try that!

I do want to see what I earn first before I decide to do this. Another reason why I'm hestitant is because I've never had good luck with open house type situations.

I was thinking of doing this as well. Instead of an open house deal...make it a show. Perhaps a mystery host? Just a thought! Being a season change show (and retirement party for retiring products) could be a big draw for PC lovers! :D

I do this at least once a year and usually Spring because my fall needs no help.
I do it as a Mystery host/Host Appreciation show. I am planning on doing it during the double points time.
I use it as a time to taste test the recipes with someone besides my family. I love the feedback I get.

Becky (ChefBeckyD) has a host appreciation show where she displays the new products. That's one way to make it a little more special and have people more likely to actually show up. You also have to be willing to do what we coach hosts to do: call and remind people. Don't rely on email or mailed invitations to get them there.

chefann said:
Becky (ChefBeckyD) has a host appreciation show where she displays the new products. That's one way to make it a little more special and have people more likely to actually show up. You also have to be willing to do what we coach hosts to do: call and remind people. Don't rely on email or mailed invitations to get them there.

LOL - I was just going to post this! I usually only do it in the Fall, but I'm thinking that I may do a Host Appreciation Show the first week of February - during double points time. I will have all of the new products (earned them!) and I thought maybe my hosts would like an evening out to be pampered a little bit. I could do a Comfort Foods show for them, and just have a fun time. I have a lot of products that I could use as give aways.

If you have all the new stuff out, they can't order it in February, though?

You do it at the end of February and submit it March 1st.

kspry said:
If you have all the new stuff out, they can't order it in February, though?
When I do my Fall Preview, I don't offer the new products for sale. I show them the new products, and let them play with them - it's a booking tool! This past Fall (in August) I booked 6 shows at my Host Appreciation, and more later that were directly related to that show. I usually have the Going Going Gone.... flyer (with the discontinued products) in every catalog, and let them know it's their last chance to order those products - I've been doing it long enough now that alot of my repeat hosts know that they won't be able to order the new products. They get a new catalog and a new S/B when they place their order at the show.I'm thinking I'm going to do mine at the beginning of February, and submit it for double points. I wouldn't do a show in February and date it as a March show.

ChefBeckyD said:
When I do my Fall Preview, I don't offer the new products for sale. I show them the new products, and let them play with them - it's a booking tool! This past Fall (in August) I booked 6 shows at my Host Appreciation, and more later that were directly related to that show. I usually have the Going Going Gone.... flyer (with the discontinued products) in every catalog, and let them know it's their last chance to order those products - I've been doing it long enough now that alot of my repeat hosts know that they won't be able to order the new products. They get a new catalog and a new S/B when they place their order at the show.

I'm thinking I'm going to do mine at the beginning of February, and submit it for double points. I wouldn't do a show in February and date it as a March show.

I like your idea - make them want to come back for more!

My director said that she holds hers late in February and submits the new orders as a March catalog show.

I just had a great idea!!!
I've heard of others doing this - but here is what I am thinking....

A "Come Help Me Unpack The New Products" Show!

I'll leave all of my new stuff in the boxes (This will be the hardest part!:eek: ) and send out invitations that say:

All of the new Spring Products are HERE!

They are sitting in the boxes, and waiting to be unpacked - come help me unpack the boxes, and be the VERY FIRST to see and touch and play with over $XXX in New Spring Products!
Plus, try new spring recipes!

What do you think?

Becky,

That's a great idea, but I would never be able to do it! I cannot wait to unpack those boxes when they come!

jrstephens said:
Becky,

That's a great idea, but I would never be able to do it! I cannot wait to unpack those boxes when they come!
That's what I'm thinking, if it's not me that is home at that time, DH tears into them first!

Hi All,

I've been on here for a few months, I just qualified for PC, so I've got several questions off of this thread. As a new consultant, I'm sure I didn't earn the new products as I just qualified. How do you earn the new products and what would you recommend for a newbie to have either a going, going, going gone show or a Unpacking show? When will we get the new catalogs, etc....??? Help. :)

Also, where can I find a flyer with products they are discontinuing?

The new and discontinued items will be announced at Leadership next week. You'll get info in a changeover box from HO. The dates for that and paperwork changes are in the December newsletter. the changeover box will also include an order form for samples of the new stuff.

If you're unsure about whether you earned free samples, call your Director.

IF you had 2 shows that were held in November, and submitted by Dec 5th - you earned a new Spring Product

If you had $1500 in sales in Nov. you earned more new products
If you had $3000 in sales in Nov. you earned even more, and....
If you had $6000 in sales in Nov. you earned the most!

So if any of these apply to you, then you did earn some new free products. Like
Ann suggested, if you aren't sure, check with your director!

Nope, I signed on in Dec. Shucks, thanks for the answers, I'll be looking out for more information. I will probably have a going, going, gone sale then, since I didn't order any new products. :(

I signed in December last year. So I took advantage of some of the spring sample packages that we could buy in February.

Thanks guys. :)

I hold my Host appreciation party in February. I invite all hosts from the previous year, make all (or most of) the new show recipes and have them vote on their favorites...which then tells me which recipe I should start out the season with.

Then I show the new products (I don't think I could wait to unpack :) ). I do recognition for my past hosts (those that became consultants, high show, most # of shows with me, etc.). And I usually have a stone or piece of cookware to give away.

This almost always gets me several bookings :thumbup: ...it's a LOT of work to do all the cooking, but the past hosts so appreciate it and we have a great time.

I love all the ideas in this thread!

Well, except waiting to unpack - that could make it kind of crowded in here with all the boxes & stuffing.

Cool!

A show in Feb to get the double incentive points...
Motivation for customers to book a show to get newest product....
Try out the recipes and get great feedback....
A consultant-hosted show so I get host benefits...
A fun get-together in dreary February...

I need to schedule a date for this!
Anybody know when we get the new earned product?

You all have so many wonderful ideas. Reading these posts have given me some great ideas. Thank you.

Evelynt said:
I do this at least once a year and usually Spring because my fall needs no help.
I do it as a Mystery host/Host Appreciation show. I am planning on doing it during the double points time.
I use it as a time to taste test the recipes with someone besides my family. I love the feedback I get.

That is exactly what I had in mind. I am going to plan for it right now.

I'm hosting my grand opening show this Sunday...but really like the idea of having a mystery host/spring preview/going going gone show during double points. Think it would be too soon after this show to host another? I don't want to burn my friends/family out on PC! :eek:

Why not just ask them?

And for the people who can't make your grand opening, it's another chance to see you!

I didn't earn any of them this year. I will have to order. Any idea when those will be available?

End of January/Beginning of February?? Cannot remember exactly.

About then. Earned samples ship to arrive around Jan. 25. Purchased samples are usually available around the same time.

wadesgirl said:
How many of you do some kind of spring preview show? I was thinking of doing something the last weekend in February. I thought of inviting all my past hosts for a sneak preview to get sales and possibly bookings for the new season. I know my director does this, she will sell from both catalogs and turn in two shows in case someone wants to order something that is retiring.

I did that last year and it was good. About $400 in one, $500 in the other. This year however I want to focus on the new product line KICK OFF. I'm planning a BIG "mega show" on the Sunday before Palm Sunday (no calendar in front of me). Going to rent a banquet hall in a synogogue - - try to get each person on my team to book 6-7 hosts as a goal (if we each end up with 4-5 that would still be a GREAT one-day show!). I will tell my customer base to "reserve their tables now" b/c they are limited. That is 4 friends each bring 2 friends, they've got a table and can do it "mystery host style". BYOB.... still brainstorming. What do you all think?

Chefstover2 said:
I hold my Host appreciation party in February. I invite all hosts from the previous year, make all (or most of) the new show recipes and have them vote on their favorites...which then tells me which recipe I should start out the season with.

Then I show the new products (I don't think I could wait to unpack :) ). I do recognition for my past hosts (those that became consultants, high show, most # of shows with me, etc.). And I usually have a stone or piece of cookware to give away.

This almost always gets me several bookings :thumbup: ...it's a LOT of work to do all the cooking, but the past hosts so appreciate it and we have a great time.

Kristen I'd like to hear more about this!!!! Do you have any old invites or awards still saved you could share? What a great idea - I'm going to try to do this too, and fill any empty tables at my MEGA show in March (the hosts will see the new products and be excited to earn them all!). lol.

THANK YOU for sharing this! My birthday's on the 7th. Think I'll have me a host appreciation party. :)

ChefJoyJ said:
I'm hosting my grand opening show this Sunday...but really like the idea of having a mystery host/spring preview/going going gone show during double points. Think it would be too soon after this show to host another? I don't want to burn my friends/family out on PC! :eek:
Heck no!! The February Guest Specials are Great! Everyone that orders gets a gift and once again you can do a drawing for the host special. Who wouldn't love that.
Do your Grand Opening early this month and do your Spring Preview mid February. There aren't many people who can buy all that they want at one show!

Does anyone have or can make a Spring Preview "Help me Open the Boxes" Flyer Invitation? I have a new recruit potential who admittedly just wants to get her mitts on the kit. I would like to Wow her with "girlfriend fun".

For those of you who have done this type of show before, do you typically do it on a weeknight or a weekend day. I've done a couple open houses on a Saturday (one in the morning, one in the afternoon) and both were pretty much a bust for me. What times work best for you?

My husbund suggested inviting the customer who had the highest order to the appreciation party too. And then talk about it at shows so everyone wants an invite. What do you think?

I've always been told to not present it as an open house. Come up with something that doesn't include those words. I usually do Saturdays but then again, most of mine have been a bust which is the reason I don't know if I want to do another one.

Related to Spring Preview Show: Boost Sales & Bookings with a Sneak Peek Event!

1. How many of you do some kind of spring preview show?

Many consultants choose to hold a spring preview show to generate excitement for the upcoming season and boost sales and bookings. It's a great way to engage with past hosts and potentially book new parties.

2. When is the best time to host a spring preview show?

The last weekend in February is a great time to hold a spring preview show. This allows enough time for customers to receive their orders and still have time to shop from the retiring catalog before it ends.

3. Can I invite past hosts to the spring preview show?

Yes, inviting past hosts is a great way to reconnect and potentially book new parties. They may also be interested in purchasing from the new catalog or taking advantage of retiring items.

4. How should I structure my spring preview show?

There are many ways to structure a spring preview show. Some consultants choose to have a traditional in-home party, while others may opt for a virtual event. It's important to showcase new products and offer special deals or incentives to encourage sales and bookings.

5. What is the benefit of turning in two shows for a spring preview event?

Turning in two shows for a spring preview event allows customers to shop from both the new catalog and the retiring catalog. This ensures that they have access to all products and increases the likelihood of making a sale.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ejleinenbach
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chefstover2
Replies