• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Do a Sneak Preview Show?

I am doing an Open House on Aug. 13 to push "retiring items" and sneak peek fall items for bookings. I will demo a recipe and have other food available for guests to try. I am also doing a door prize drawing with host benefits and have invited around 20 people, as well as passing out flyers to 50 houses in my neighborhood. So far, I have 6 RSVPs and a few potential outside orders. I am also following up with people who have not responded yet. My goal is to have at least 20 guests at the open house and to book more shows for the fall season.
pckimboyers
Hello guys... I see people talk about sneak preview shows... You just cook a new recipe and let them see the new catalog? Is this how you get your bookings for Sept? I had a friend who used to be a PC cons. but she said you could actually sell it to them, but we can't do that until Sept.1 right? Please give me a clue, because this sounds really fun!

I would like to know as well, I am a newcomer to a new season change over. Any help would be appreciated.

I am doing an Open House on Aug. 13. I plan to use it to 1) push the "retiring items" for sales, and 2) sneak peek some fall items which we cannot sell until Sept. 1 to get bookings. I plan to demo one recipe and have others for ppl to eat, and maybe have some veggies etc. out for them to try the chopper, etc.

I'm also doing a door prize drawing with some of the host benefits (will keep some for myself to build my kit!). One entry for attending, one for placing order, one for bringing a friend, five for booking a show that day and 10 for signing as a consultant that day. So far I have 4 RSVPs and another probably so that's a start!! I also have a few potential outside orders.

Good luck!! This will be show #2 for me (#1 is at Mom's this weekend...really a catalog but I will cook for my family for practice and for her to get better benefits), so I'll have a few under my belt before my other 2 mid month! HTH.

That sounds like a good idea! I'll do that! I didn't have much luck with my last open house because I invited just my neighborhood, but if I e-invite all my past customers and hosts this would really work! Thanks!!!

lisacb77 said:
I am doing an Open House on Aug. 13. I plan to use it to 1) push the "retiring items" for sales, and 2) sneak peek some fall items which we cannot sell until Sept. 1 to get bookings. I plan to demo one recipe and have others for ppl to eat, and maybe have some veggies etc. out for them to try the chopper, etc.

I'm also doing a door prize drawing with some of the host benefits (will keep some for myself to build my kit!). One entry for attending, one for placing order, one for bringing a friend, five for booking a show that day and 10 for signing as a consultant that day. So far I have 4 RSVPs and another probably so that's a start!! I also have a few potential outside orders.

Good luck!! This will be show #2 for me (#1 is at Mom's this weekend...really a catalog but I will cook for my family for practice and for her to get better benefits), so I'll have a few under my belt before my other 2 mid month! HTH.

How many did you invite? My directors suggest over 100 to have about 20 guests.

I went kind of small on the invite list. It started out as an option for those not wanting to host a show ever or just right now to attend, and count as one of my four shows (before I got really into this, LOL!). I also wanted to use it to try and book more fall shows.

As my family and friends agreed to host shows also in August, that sapped some of my original invitees for their shows, which is fine. I want them to be successful! And now I should qualify no problem in SS1!

My actual invite list was around 20, and I also fliered all 50 houses on my street. So far I have 2 yeses and 1 probably from the neighbors! I plan to hit another 25-50 houses on the next streets over this weekend. I also keep running into ppl that are excited about PC and have been giving them fliers as well as a door opener. Some of these may be future hosts as well.

Overall, I have 6 RSVPs and a few that are working on bringing a friend. I only have 1 no and the rest I will follow-up with later this week or over the weekend. Not bad I think!

P.S. I still am having trouble filling my list of 100! I think I'm between 80 and 90, and a LOT of those are out of towners as we just moved back home a year ago. Plus, I have to be careful who I solicit that I've met through work as they have rules about that (not soliciting for personal gain contacts you've earned through the job). But I'll get there!

That sounds like a good plan Lisa! I'm hoping to get some people here and if I can't get orders maybe the new line will at least get some bookings! This is a great time to be doing your super starter months! I just finished mine and I tell you having my 2nd month be june was terrible! I had 3 shows booked and every one cancelled and I missed my super starter 2 by about 275.00-- so frustrating-- so you chose a very good time to start your business! I understand about the list---it will grow though as you do your shows. I think I only had about 70 when I started. Don't forget if you have a website you could tell those people out of town and maybe do an "e-party" catalog show. I got my website last month and it really opens up options.

I am having my sneak preview show the 24th of August, and I am expecting a great turn out, because I had one last Spring also and let everyone know I will be doing it each time new products come out. I am sending mini-catalogs to my customers that do not live near me (I am in the Chicago suburbs, so there are alot of those) and they can order on-line after Sept 1st. I have 60 invites to go out next week for those who live near me, and everyone that comes will get a new season's best, and I will be giving things away as raffle drawing, they will earn tickets as mentioned above.

We will be cooking the recipes together, so they can get their hands on the new products. I am excited about it !!

What are the hours of your show-- are you doing an open house style? Maybe I should consider doing more of a kitchen show than an open house style. I'll have some raffle items, but hadn't thought of the season's best. Where do you buy ticket rolls?

I am having my Open house August 19th at noon (I have a lot of mommy friends that don't like to be out at naptime) I will talk about each retiring product and have people order anything they want out of the old catalog and the retiring stuff. After people order I am going to show but not sell the new products and play Queen of Shoppers with the new catalog. I am going to have book to look necklaces and pass around my theme show binder. I am offering a free gift to anyone who brings a friend (season's best or citris peelers) and I am raffling off host benefits to an ordering guest. I am not inviting a ton of people, but I am really pushing them to bring a friend because I REALLY need some new blood in my business. Good luck!

Why not let people place their order with the new products? Place 2 orders for them. 1 show with the current catalog and items that are being discontinued. And then let them place orders with the NEW catalog that will go in on Sept 1st. It would be a good way to start out your Sept.

What day of the week or weekend seems to be best for the open houses? It seems so many people are still camping and doing vacations, so I thought about a weeknight instead of the weekend.

soccermama said:
Why not let people place their order with the new products? Place 2 orders for them. 1 show with the current catalog and items that are being discontinued. And then let them place orders with the NEW catalog that will go in on Sept 1st. It would be a good way to start out your Sept.

I don't want to sell the new stuff because I need bookings 10 times more than I need sales! I have two shows booked for the rest of the year, and I was hoping that not letting people buy the new products will get them to book to earn them free.

I too am doing the Open House idea. I have it scheduled for Aug. 24. I haven't come up with a time yet, but most likely, it'll be around 6:30ish. My scenario is quite different from most. I don't have ANY bookings other than my open house and a catalog show this month, and NO bookings for the rest of the year. I'm new to our area, so I'm going around and putting mini flyers around the neighborhood. I haven't decided whether or not to knock and introduce myself. I might do this for at least the people on my street. (We're on a dead end street and I guess the neighborhood is pretty close) I've ordered the door hangar bags from Nancy's Artwork, and I was trying to decide whether to include the new mini catalogs or not. I will probably do what I read on either this post or another and just give those to the hosts that book September on shows. I'm going to have drawings, and similar to the above, I'll have 'tickets' based upon who shows up, if they bring a friend, etc. I really needt to get my bookings going, I have NONE! I'm afraid if this Open House doesn't pan out, then I'm going to have to hang my apron!!! I really don't want to do that, so I'm going to do everything in my power to get as many guests here as possible!

I've decided NOT to do a demo (unless it is a super quick one) and I'm going to have many of my fav. PC recipes made and some of the new ones out of the FW Season's best. I think I'll pass around my consultant planner and let them fill in where they are interested in hosting. (I have dates highlighted that I'm available for shows.) I think that way they feel a sense of committment. For my out of towners, I'm going to go ahead and mail them the mini's in hopes that they will book shows. I'm not really looking for sales either on my Open House, but more of bookings! If I got 2 bookings I'd be happy. Anymore than that, I'd be THRILLED!

What are you all doing for raffle drawings? I was considering ordering some of the FW items, and a 'grand prize', but I'm not sure if I will or not. I don't want to invest too much money on this for fear of not doing so well!

Great thread btw! This is what I really needed! Please respond with any suggestions! :D

Heather- even if you don't do a traditional demo I suggest that you at least talk about all the new products. In the Spring I didn't do either and sold about $100 worth of stuff. I have always regretted not talking more about the new products or doing some kind of demo no matter how short!

gilliandanielle said:
I am having my Open house August 19th at noon (I have a lot of mommy friends that don't like to be out at naptime) I will talk about each retiring product and have people order anything they want out of the old catalog and the retiring stuff. After people order I am going to show but not sell the new products and play Queen of Shoppers with the new catalog. I am going to have book to look necklaces and pass around my theme show binder. I am offering a free gift to anyone who brings a friend (season's best or citris peelers) and I am raffling off host benefits to an ordering guest. I am not inviting a ton of people, but I am really pushing them to bring a friend because I REALLY need some new blood in my business. Good luck!

Do u have a copy of ur show theme's in a word doc that I can take a peak at??? I am lookign for some more ideas at my shows!!!

Kim-to answer your question, my hours will be from 1-4 (it's a Sunday) and I put on the flier "live cooking demo at 1:30"...gives ppl a chance to get there and lets them know to try and get there towards the beginning, but also gives others that can't come then an open invite to pop by. One of my neighbors will be doing that on the way home from a kiddie bday party.

That is a good idea about the fall orders, but I need the bookings too! I guess what I can do is to ppl that don't book or refer me to someone who does, I can let them know I will either mail them a catty in Sept or get them on the invite list for one of my shows! I figure that way I at least end up with some orders and can turn it in as a catty show, if anything.

If I was all booked up though, I would do the early order thing and just wait to submit.

mommyhugz1978 said:
Do u have a copy of ur show theme's in a word doc that I can take a peak at??? I am lookign for some more ideas at my shows!!!

I don't have it done yet, but I can e-mail you as soon as it is all compiled.

gilliandanielle said:
Heather- even if you don't do a traditional demo I suggest that you at least talk about all the new products. In the Spring I didn't do either and sold about $100 worth of stuff. I have always regretted not talking more about the new products or doing some kind of demo no matter how short!

If I do a demo and talk about the new fall products, won't that hinder my sales of the S/S line? I guess that is what I'm most afraid of. Like I mentioned, I really just need bookings! If I only sell $100, then I won't be too disappointed, but if I don't get any bookings, then I definitely will! I need to fill my calendar! ;)

gilliandanielle said:
I don't have it done yet, but I can e-mail you as soon as it is all compiled.

that would be great!!!!

Related to How Do You Do a Sneak Preview Show?

What is a Sneak Preview Show?

A Sneak Preview Show is a special event where guests can get an exclusive first look at new products from Pampered Chef before they are officially released.

How do I host a Sneak Preview Show?

To host a Sneak Preview Show, you can contact your Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to find a consultant in your area. They will work with you to plan and set up the event.

What are the benefits of hosting a Sneak Preview Show?

Hosting a Sneak Preview Show allows you to be one of the first to see and try out new products from Pampered Chef. You can also earn free products and exclusive discounts as a host.

Who can attend a Sneak Preview Show?

Anyone can attend a Sneak Preview Show as long as they are invited by the host or a consultant. It is a great opportunity to get friends and family together for a fun and informative event.

What happens at a Sneak Preview Show?

During a Sneak Preview Show, a Pampered Chef consultant will showcase and demonstrate new products, share tips and tricks, and offer special deals and discounts. Guests can also place orders for the new products at the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • mrssyvo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
Replies
Views
mrssyvo