• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spring Launch Product Discussion

is not how I pictured my day going!Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*Uploading photos: You can also make a private folder on Facebook, put your photos there & then paste the URL links here with the [ url] and [ /url] boxes in front & behind the address. That way, you are not uploading to the Chef Success files section and the photos are bigger on the screen to see. ;)I'm scheduled to go to Arlington tomorrow, but my in-laws cancelled on me today. I have no sitter & am having ZERO luck finding one for all day. This... is not how I pictured my day going!
Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*What are those cheese tools made out of - bamboo or plastic? Looks like bamboo but hard to tell.

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*The Cheese tools are a resin material

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*Is the garlic and brie baker the same as the cocotte or smaller?

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*It's the same thing. They just renamed it.

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*I know this is trite- but I love the little vest on the Tea Infusion Pitcher!

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*I made scrambled eggs this morning in the new stoneware. They turned out OK, but I need to play around with the time in my microwave; it looks like I'll need about 2 minutes, maybe a bit more for 1 egg in each well. BUT THEN, I made the 1 Minute Cake - and it turned out well, too! I liked it better than in a cup since it was more spread out. It came out easily and I just put it in a bowl; OK, and I added vanilla ice cream, too!! I had to... BTW, I very lightly oiled the well since the stone isn't seasoned yet. I can't wait to see how everyone is going to use this piece for more than eggs. That's one of my favorite things about this site - everyone finds so many more uses than I would think of. Thanks, everyone!

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*
Intrepid_Chef said:
Now that I see the fresh lasting lid system, I think that may be my favorite product. How many times have we seen Salad in a Jar on Facebook? If you don't have a food saver, then you can't do it. I do wish they'd tell us which containers it would work with, however, maybe sell a bowl set that would go along with it.

The spent a lot of time with that at Launch -- it will work on ANY bowl that has an even lip (so nothing with a spout like the batter bowls). It will work on round or square bowls (so works with the simple additional square bowls). The bowl has to be bigger than 3+ inches (I don't remember the fraction) and up to just under 6 inches.

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*The Fruit and Cheese Cutter looks so fun! Hope it's easy to use. I love all things that are cute!

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*WOW. Seeing the new products in "picture" is so much better than the list--I can see I'll need to be purchasing many of the items for my kit and kitchen! Thanks for posting! It looks like PC has just made a big plunge into the "kitchen store" novelty items, which people will love to buy!

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*I can't wait to get the changeover kit and see how they bundle these for the samples order. There's a bunch I want to get. Some of these are best seen in person and will make more sense as you get to use them and talk about them. And they are small enough that you can easily bring a bunch to a show and not take up too much space or be too heavy.

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*Will the new Flexible Opener (large one) fit over a door knob? It may be a perfect idea for the elderly (poke a hole and tie it to the door).

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*have y'all seen this?[youtube]6_yIsIAZTd4[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*Awesome video! I wonder if they'll be a new products video on youtube too?

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*Cute! Did you find it on the PC page? The old logo on the front page makes me think that one of our crafty consultants put it together, not HO. But I don't think customers would know! LOL

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*a fellow consultant posted on Facebook - don't know where it came from.

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*I wonder what else we'll be able to use the Ginger Grater for besides that and horseradish?

aPamperedBride said:
DebPC, imagine the offspring of a microplane grater and the Crinkle Cutter. Ergonomic handle, rocking 2" wide section that smashes the garlic to make a paste.

The GF cookbook is Pampered Chef favorites made gluten-free. It isn't a cookbook for shows due to the cook time for the crusts, but I'm excited to get it and try making the Chicken Broccoli Braid without crescent rolls! They did not pass it around so I don't know what else is in it, just that you need xanthum gum to make anything in it.

Hmmm, that's a bummer about the xanthan gum. It's a (highly processed & very expensive) corn product, and we don't use corn either.

ChefBeckyD said:
Hmmm, that's a bummer about the xanthan gum. It's a (highly processed & very expensive) corn product, and we don't use corn either.

Is there a substitute for it?

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*Was any mention made of using the egg cooker in the oven, or was it strictly for the microwave? We don't cook in our micro. :(

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*Nothing was mentioned, but there's no reason you couldn't. I don't know that I'd bake eggs in it. JMO

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*Do you have to fill all of the "holes" with food so you don't "stress" the empty ones?

ChefBeckyD said:
Was any mention made of using the egg cooker in the oven, or was it strictly for the microwave? We don't cook in our micro. :(

I was wondering the same thing.....we don't use the microwave. I was going to try and poach them in the oven and see what I get. I really don't like eggs done in the microwave from when I used to do them years ago.....they tasted rubbery.

ChefBeckyD said:

I haven't really had much success GF baking without xantham gum in general, but it's a TINY amount (I think I use 2Tbsp in my whole 16c. flour blend mix). Still, a moot point if you're corn-sensitive!

ChefBeckyD said:
Was any mention made of using the egg cooker in the oven, or was it strictly for the microwave? We don't cook in our micro. :(

They introduced the product by first mentioning that they were looking for an egg cooker for the microwave and so they tested a lot of different materials. They were satisfied with any of the things they tried, so they decided to resort to the wonderful and successful in the microwave stoneware.

My thoughts are that since it's stoneware, it's now something that can be used for both micro. and oven. But I wonder if doing eggs in the oven is a practical thing. You'd have to see how long it takes and determine if it does take a while, if the results are worth it as opposed to just making eggs the old-fashioned way. ;)

I'm hoping that we can come up with some additional ideas on things we can bake in this.

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*I have eggs in the oven right now.....I'll let you know if it turns out. Doing the poached ones by adding water.

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*The egg stoneware is different then the single serve stoneware right? I don't think I saw that picture. I make eggs almost every morning in my 8 in executive saute. I will give it a try in the microwave but I don't know if I'll be convinced. My stovetop method is pretty quick and yummy.

Tracy99 said:
The egg stoneware is different then the single serve stoneware right? I don't think I saw that picture. I make eggs almost every morning in my 8 in executive saute. I will give it a try in the microwave but I don't know if I'll be convinced. My stovetop method is pretty quick and yummy.

I agree, eggs on the stove are pretty quick & easy, especially in our nonstick or ceramic saute pans. But one thing I've been liking about this egg maker is that my daughter has been making her own eggs every day this week for breakfast! It's lightweight and easy for her and it cooks so fast and I don't have to worry about her using the stove.

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*I did poached eggs in the oven at 350 for 25 minutes....however, I'm sure they were done before that.....I finally took them out and poured the water off and then used the mix-n-masher to pull it out. They were delicious but I got the yellow too done. I like that I can throw 2 eggs in there and stick in the oven and go get other things done and then come back and eat. My daughter really liked it, too. So this weekend we'll try fried eggs and see how that works.

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*The serving utensils look nice. I'm hoping their quality is egual to the discontinued gray ones. And i love that they are sold seperately.

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*Does the egg stone have a lid? I have an old ceramic piece that belonged to my grandfather called a "coddler" which is meant to go in the oven. Recipes for coddled eggs might work well in this.

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*No, it does not have a lid.

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*Does anyone know what the 1/2 price items are in the front of the book for hosts?

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*Something has bugged me since seeing that discontinued video: I know that they have listed those "sets" that were in the middle of the catalog as being discontinued- the MFP Set, the chip set, etc. Watching the video earlier about the discontinued, am I crazy to think that by saying the SET is being discontinued, it really makes a customer think that the products are being discontinued? They aren't...just the "bundle" of them. Just seems a bit misleading to me.Personally, I never understood why they even BOTHERED with the sets...since it wasn't a cost-saving bundle. Usually when you bundle something, you save a few dollars. This was just a way to right one item number down instead of 3 or 4.

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*Plus no one mentioned any new sets.

esavvymom said:
Something has bugged me since seeing that discontinued video: I know that they have listed those "sets" that were in the middle of the catalog as being discontinued- the MFP Set, the chip set, etc. Watching the video earlier about the discontinued, am I crazy to think that by saying the SET is being discontinued, it really makes a customer think that the products are being discontinued? They aren't...just the "bundle" of them. Just seems a bit misleading to me.

Personally, I never understood why they even BOTHERED with the sets...since it wasn't a cost-saving bundle. Usually when you bundle something, you save a few dollars. This was just a way to right one item number down instead of 3 or 4.

But then a host could use a half price item and get 4 things at 50% off instead of just one. And I do think the second time around they discounted it a little bit. Like you saved a $1 or 2 with the bundle.

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*Items Being Retired Spring 2013 on YouTube

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*One of my January hosts got the Corn and Veggie brush already by accident with the rest of her show items. It was in place of a guest ordered item. She called the HO and they are shipping the right item (veggie wedger) to the customer and letting the host keep the brush. She called me about it after calling the HO (dream customer, followed the directions by calling HO first!) and asked me if I'd heard of it. I told her that it sounded like she got a sneak peek. This was a week ago, and now that I'm reading this thread, I was right :)

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*I thought it was weird that they show the microwave chip maker set being discontinued, but there is a microwave chip maker set w/a different rub in the new catalog. Kind of weird.

NancyD said:
Items Being Retired Spring 2013 on YouTube

That is just a link to Youtube. If there is a video, I don't know where to find it.

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*I just read last night...maybe on pinterest but I can't remember...about cooking eggs in the oven in a muffin pan.

I know you said the egg pan had deeper wells and its round, but is that the only differences from a regular muffin tin? Why would you need it if you had a muffin tin?

ETA: Thanks so much for this thread. I couldn't go to Launch. It is nice to see a thread of this nature without all the bickering and hatefulness that usually comes with it.

Shawnna said:
I just read last night...maybe on pinterest but I can't remember...about cooking eggs in the oven in a muffin pan.I know you said the egg pan had deeper wells and its round, but is that the only differences from a regular muffin tin? Why would you need it if you had a muffin tin?ETA: Thanks so much for this thread. I couldn't go to Launch. It is nice to see a thread of this nature without all the bickering and hatefulness that usually comes with it.
I saw on Pinterest the talk of using a muffin pan. In the picture they are leaving the egg whole. The difference with our egg cooker is that the circles are wider so the egg will spread out bigger and then be thinner and cook faster. Also, because it's stoneware, it will cook waaaay nicer than in a metal muffin pan. ;). Also the main indicated use of this is for the microwave and so stoneware will work where a metal pan won't.

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*I cannot picture the egg cooker. I also cannot imagine cooking eggs in the microwave. Or how on earth that would be helpful for a show.

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*We have cooked eggs at my house for decades. We use the Grab It bowls from Pyrex. Spray with Pam crack an egg or two, add some milk and salt and pepper- mix. Cook for a minute or two. Add a slice of cheese. Cook 10-15 seconds more. My kids did their own from upper elementary school til they left home. I'm interested to see how the Egg Cooker is different or similar.

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*I knew that people were using our Prep Bowls to cook eggs in the microwave. I hadn't gotten around to trying that yet. I'm curious also about this new product.

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*SPOILER - Big time. This is from our CDN Launch and may differ somewhat for US. I have in my possession the "Garlic Smash & Paste" - great dissappointment with this tool, I'm sure it will work fine for what it is intended to do -but really garlic is done to death with this addition. Have tried the new Egg Cooker (Stoneware), fits microwave does an excellent job and will be able to sell this well, has inspired some creative ideas too. Will have to wait until 11th to submit order for other items. Definately going to get the second stoneware - single serving pan, was surprised at how light it was, the corn/skewer rack is a must addition to BBQ line, four new rubs- tex-mex, 3 onion, sweet basil, ginger citrus, they have added 8cm saute to s/s 7 to make 8, vol 3 29min dinners, cooking tools reworked 6 set, 2 sizes of boil over no more - a must in my house when the guys cook- they love HI, microwave grips - great for those of us with small hands and short arms, bean slicer cute and very handy, ginger grater hmm no actual metal blade all plastic and so many of our existing tools will do the job, Cheese - easy release cheese knife, cheese shaver, cheese crumbler - think they overdid this one too, fruit and cheese cutter - woohoo, stamps out shapes(4) a must have for me I love to entertain and decorate the table with edibles - wonderful thing for shows too, simply white sugar bowl & creamer set, salt and pepper set great for the simply white lovers, scoop and spear - should sell I'm getting one, yeah drink rimmer set - didn't need the citrus cone on top but stacking rimmer saver will work at our parties, silicone prep bowls - hmm maybe, will reserve on that one, added scoop and spread to specialty scrapers, set of 2 Flexible Openers yup they'll sell not too exciting, fresh lasting lid system - maybe(2 lids and plunger)need to dwell on that one a little, baking soda holder with thermometer - definately 1 in each refrigerator - ouch that will be a lot - 5 fridges, loving the On The Go gourping - insulated collapsible picnic basket, insulated cooler(6pk size) insulated tote and insulated lunch tote - expect to see you southern dwellers do great things with these, gluten free cookbook - hope they have enough printed, seasons best I always love. Now the tea stuff, preface with I am a die hard coffee person tea is for when you are ill, the Bird Infuser - very ketch, more bother than its worth not something for considerate purchasers, minute sand timer thingy ok I find that a time waster, Tea infusion Pitcher hmm multiple use, not limited to tea nice insulating clothing price point likely to make it a difficult sell. Well thats my initial reaction and report will be interested to read your take

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*Thanks for your reviews! Interesting that the U.S. and Canada are totally the same except for the $$. I remember when you guys were behind us. We'd love to have more members from Canada- share the word.

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*Hey Deb, be careful what you wish for. Our Cdn product line is not exactly the same, we lack some of the products you have. We lack some of the spice blends, drink mixes and a couple of other items, looks like we are getting more and more similar however.

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*I might have missed this somewhere, sorry if someone already asked! But has anyone seen a sample package list? Last year it was included with launch packet.

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*No- must be coming in our changeover boxes.

Re: *SPOILER* Spring Launch Product Discussion *SPOILER*Wait – is the gluten free cookbook not going to be available in Canada? :(

<h2>1. What are the new products being launched this spring?</h2><p>The Spring Launch will feature a variety of new products, including cookware, kitchen tools, and food items. Stay tuned for more details during the launch! </p><h2>2. When will the Spring Launch take place?</h2><p>The Spring Launch will take place on a specific date, which will be announced closer to the launch. Keep an eye on our website and social media for updates.</p><h2>3. Can we see any sneak peeks of the new products?</h2><p>Yes, we will be sharing sneak peeks and hints about the new products leading up to the launch. Keep an eye on our social media for these teasers.</p><h2>4. Will the new products be available for purchase immediately after the launch?</h2><p>Yes, the new products will be available for purchase immediately after the launch. However, some items may have limited availability, so we recommend placing your order as soon as possible.</p><h2>5. Can we still buy current products after the Spring Launch?</h2><p>Yes, current products will still be available for purchase after the Spring Launch. The new products will be added to our existing product lineup.</p>

1. What are the new products being launched this spring?

The Spring Launch will feature a variety of new products, including cookware, kitchen tools, and food items. Stay tuned for more details during the launch!

2. When will the Spring Launch take place?

The Spring Launch will take place on a specific date, which will be announced closer to the launch. Keep an eye on our website and social media for updates.

3. Can we see any sneak peeks of the new products?

Yes, we will be sharing sneak peeks and hints about the new products leading up to the launch. Keep an eye on our social media for these teasers.

4. Will the new products be available for purchase immediately after the launch?

Yes, the new products will be available for purchase immediately after the launch. However, some items may have limited availability, so we recommend placing your order as soon as possible.

5. Can we still buy current products after the Spring Launch?

Yes, current products will still be available for purchase after the Spring Launch. The new products will be added to our existing product lineup.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mspibb
  • Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
2 3 4
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
Replies
Views