1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Spring 2011 Product Suggestion

1. Liquid Sky

Liquid Sky Advanced Member

This is what I am thinking. That's the only thing I can think of that will
    "rival the dcb" and be a "big ticket item". I can't think of anything else that can cook an entire meal quickly and easily, with lots of versatility like the dcb.

Also, on a call yesterday, Jan Gilbert was quoted as saying, "it is a high-ticket item. It is NOT a serving or decorative piece. It is a real workhorse useful tool and that it has the potential to significantly impact our shows and business….Think something you wouldn’t want to be without like a food chopper, a deep covered baker…think something that future shows and recipes will be designed around."

Dec 9, 2010
  2. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Gah, these people are driving me crazy! :p :confused:

And somehow, I get the feeling, when I see it at Spring Launch, I'm going to slap my head and say "OMG, that totally makes sense, why didn't I think of that!" :eek:

Dec 9, 2010
  3. punkie1019

punkie1019 Member

What about collapsible strainers? I get that question alot. Of course that would not big the big new cover item but definatly a neat thought.

Dec 9, 2010
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

LOL! Probably a lot of head-slapping will be going on!

Think how hard it's going to be for the Feb 5th Spring Launchers to keep quiet for the next week after!

Dec 9, 2010
  5. Becca_in_MD

Becca_in_MD Veteran Member Gold Member

Are we really expecting that the first 2 Launches are going to keep their lips sealed until after the 12th? Execs are getting their product and paperwork packages by the 10th. My Launch is the 12. I figure the cats are going to be out of the bags by then. Still worth going to Launch to catch the excitement from people who haven't heard the news. Just the luck of the draw this year to be in the last group. I can't even remember if last year they asked us to keep a secret or not. It didn't feel like Waves of Conference.

Dec 9, 2010
  6. gigi425

gigi425 Novice Member

What about an electric steamer??? Can do rice, veggies, fish, chicken, etc. Good for summer because you don't have to turn on the stove, oven, etc. I have an electric steamer, and its very versatile....and quick!

Just my two cents....

Jimmie and Gigi

Dec 9, 2010
  7. LarissaRed123

LarissaRed123 Novice Member

They are really building this up like a big deal. I hope it's worthy of all the hype.

8. NooraK

I think we did very well last year. I was in the last Spring Launch, and did not hear anything about the new products until I went. And don't forget, last spring we had the leaked S/S CN floating around, so some people knew ALL the new products in advance.

Dec 9, 2010
  9. winklermom

winklermom Advanced Member

I went to one of these shows with a good friend of mine back in the late 80's. Her aunt was hosting, so we went although we knew we probably would not be buying anything. I remember them cooking something like roast, rice & pineapple upside down cake all on one burner.

The guy who was selling it (I'm not sure if he was considered a consultant or not) was VERY high pressure! I was about to graduate high school and move to college where I would live in a dorm where we were not allowed to have any type of burners, etc. I had NO need of anything that he was offering. He did everything he could to get me to agree to buy some of this stuff. Needless to say, he failed! I can't even tell you what the name of the stuff was.

Dec 9, 2010
  10. ChefCKHall

ChefCKHall Advanced Member

I hope not....I am not into triple tier cooking....PLEASE!

Dec 9, 2010
  11. NooraK

I was invited to view a demo of the stuff right before we got married. VERY high pressure. It was called Royal Prestige, but I think they may go by a couple of different names. I'm a sellers dream, you can convince me to buy just about anything. Good thing DH had his head screwed on straight, and convinced me we didn't need to spend $2500 on cookware! :eek:

Dec 9, 2010
  12. Aurora

Aurora Member

I'd like to see carrying cases/totes for the DCB/stoneware... Y'know, like the ones Pyrex makes for toting 9x13 and other glassware baking dishes? :)

Dec 9, 2010
  13. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

Okay then people...what did we ask for TWO years ago? THINK! :D

Dec 9, 2010
  14. Becca_in_MD

I don't know, but I feel like people have been asking for a smaller DCB and a DCB cookbook for at least 2 years!

I agree that I don't think we're going electronic this spring. I'm happy with them offering electronics as incentives to us, though.

Dec 9, 2010
  15. Maragib

Maragib Member

Dec 9, 2010
  16. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Dec 9, 2010
  17. I'm thinking maybe something electric too -- Hand mixer, electric skillet (for office break rooms with no appliances) or maybe a "Foreman Grill" type thing. The waiting and wondering is driving me nuts! :confused:

Dec 10, 2010
  18. chefa

chefa Advanced Member

I'm wondering if it could be something that could go from freezer to oven to table (like Corning Ware). Then we could do power cooking: prepare the meal in it, freeze the meal in it and then pop it in the oven for dinner.

Dec 10, 2010
  19. I would like to see an egg poacher- I have had 6 people ask me for it over the last month.

Dec 10, 2010
  20. jzramom

jzramom Member

What about electronic cookbook/software or web feature that would allow customers to create a menu and shopping list??? A TPC Blog???

Dec 11, 2010
  21. KayPT

KayPT Member

I am guessing it is an electric skillet. Those were really big in the 70's, in fact my mom still uses hers. It would change the way we do cooking shows.

Dec 11, 2010
  22. jzramom

jzramom Member

Okay I spoke too soon. Check out what I found at WS....Smoking Gun video. The Smoking Gun™ | Williams-Sonoma

You can infuse foods and beverages with chips or teas in zip top bags, pots, shakers, or right over the dish. If this isn't it I will be making a stop at WS for one. Retails for $99.99 and a set of 4 smoking chips run $24.99

Dec 11, 2010
  23. ChefCKHall

Don't see how that would rival the DCB though??

Dec 11, 2010
  24. Liquid Sky

Eh, I don't see how it's really anything different from our roasting pan (other than it's electric). I think it's going to be a completely new product (obviously..lol) that is not like anything we have right now.

Dec 11, 2010
  25. Liquid Sky

What about canning/preserving products, themes, recipes..etc.

Just a random thought...

Dec 11, 2010
  26. magentablue

magentablue Member

A paninni maker is my wild guess.

Dec 11, 2010
  27. barbara_anne

barbara_anne Member

When I think of something that would rival the dcb and that would be a big ticket item, a dutch oven comes to mind. Something that can go in the microwave or the oven and can be used on the stovetop for browning. Other than that, possibly a portable induction cooker...

28. Becca_in_MD

It's called the grill pan and press. Featured show recipe a few years ago was paninis. They were really good. You can probably find them in the CC recipe search. I kept forgetting to mention it when people were talking about Chicken Your Way. It's another use for the grill pan.

Dec 11, 2010
  29. magentablue

magentablue Member

We have many ways to cut cheese. We have many ways to shred cheese. We have many options for baking a cake... etc. Just because we have one way to make a pannini doesn't mean we can't have another! And they were asking about corded items... so, I don't find it hard to imagine one. When you look at Williams Sonoma, Macys, and Sur la Table, the pannini maker is a hot item this year. I (personally) am not ready to rule it out (although, it wouldn't excite me much!)

Dec 11, 2010
  30. CooknSteph

CooknSteph Novice Member

You guys are really thinking BIG. Just remember we only had to submitt 2 shows, ($300 min.) I don't think it will be big ticket like preasure cooker, or electric.
    Wandering if it might be something that would replace the mandolin, grater and chopper. Kinda like food processer but not electric. If it replaces the mandolin, the cost on that alone is what $60.
    I can't even imagine after reading all the post on this topic what it will be. But again, I think we are way off so far.
    Guess well see...

Dec 12, 2010
  31. CooknSteph

CooknSteph Novice Member

WOW Barbara, had not even thought of that and missed your post before I posted earlier. That would be great!!!!! You could truly do a show anywhere, especially if it was dual powered or powered by propane.:thumbup:

Now I'm even more determined to get that 2nd show in.....

Dec 12, 2010
  32. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

I could NEVER see myself using that at anyone's house. You have to light the wood chips. Too many chances for bad things to happen.

Dec 12, 2010
  33. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

I was thinking stoneware of some kind that could also go on the stove top. Though that is probably not technically possible.

But, yes, I think something that could go stovetop to microwave or oven. A dutch oven would not excite me at all.

How quick can you really cook a meal in a dutch oven (stovetop or oven) (I ask since I really don't know). We already have a great cooking tool for the microwave. So, if meals take awhile in a dutch oven, I couldn't see using it at a show.

Dec 12, 2010
  34. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2010
  35. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

I would never want to use this in any home!!

Dec 12, 2010
  36. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Okay, now that would be AMAZING! This truly would change the way we cook, and the way we do shows!

Dec 12, 2010
  37. lt1jane

lt1jane Veteran Member Gold Member

that is EXACTLY what I mean. I want storage containers. I have the batter bowls, but I use them and can't sacrifice them for food storage, especially if something will be going into the freezer.

Dec 12, 2010
  38. ChefCKHall

I KNOW I KNOW! A fuzzy heated massage apron! That would TRULY change the way I cook!

Dec 12, 2010
  39. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Just because it's only for submitting two show doesn't mean it's not a higher priced item. We will never know what HO's offers until we get it!

Dec 12, 2010
  40. flemings99

flemings99 Veteran Member Gold Member

This looks very cool.

I'm going against the norm and have to say, I love electric appliances and would be thrilled to have some in our line. None of the other DS companies have them, would set us apart from them.

I'd love to have an electric knife sharpener that we could use on all our knives!!!

Dec 12, 2010
Have something to add?