• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

soWhat Are Your Thoughts About...

In summary, the successful consultant mentioned that she stocks up on recipe cards and goes to the grocery store to get shows booked when her calendar is empty.
pampered1224
Silver Member
walking through neighborhoods and knocking on doors? I have been out of work since November 2009 and have applied for roughly 102 positions and simply can find a thing and now, Unemployment benefits are gone. I need to do something but am a little scared even though the neighborhoods I have driven through look good. That is why I have not done this so far, everyone keeps telling me I am nuts to do it!

I did it! When we moved to AZ, I knew NO ONE! I went door to door in about 3 different neighborhoods. I knocked on countless doors! I only booked 3 parties, but they helped me sustain and grow my business while I was in AZ. I got a few orders and several referrals from that experience. John, you'll do great! It's a lot like making phone calls. You'll get a lot of weird looks or mean people, but you just keep on trucking! The one that that ever really got to me was knocking on someone's door (seeing them in their living room watching tv) and them not getting up to answer the door!! How rude!

I've known a few people who have tried it. It's better than just leaving flyers out - you'll get more of a response by actually knocking on the doors! Just be confident about it!

A very successful consultant in my cluster did that. She signed-up and didn't know anyone in her neighborhood. She went door to door and that's how she started her biz.

also, I went to a training with Amy Neal (Director Express) and she was talking about how she would get shows when her calendar was empty. She would stock-up on recipe cards and go to the grocery store. Said she wouold be sure to have brownie recipes because that's what most people buy! She would stalk the cake-mix aisle and when she saw someone reach for a brownie box she'd swoop in and give them a recipe card. Or she'd hang out in the produce section with salad cards. Said she got plenty of shows booked that way.....it's worth a try.

you've got nothing to lose, but to try.One of my favorite quotes - If you always do, what you've always done, you will always get what you've already got....

My team leader does it all the time. I live in the geographical center of nowhere, so it doesn't work for me.

Successful people will do the things that other people will not!

I have done it. I have booked shows, recruited someone and gotten orders. Nothing to lose and everything to gain! Go for it... no regrets, no excuses!

PCJenni said:
Successful people will do the things that other people will not!

I love that! Posting it on my fb page!

John, I know this great consultant, his name John, (lol) whose signature line says:"You may never know what results come from your actions... But if you do nothing there will be no result." Mahatma Gandhiso......
as another person once told me:
"show up, pay attention, do your best, detach from outcome."
So if you try it, prepare, be intentional, and bless and release those people who, as Chef Kearns relates, just sit there and ignore you at the door.I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you have a GREAT experience. Marghi

BlueMoon said:
John, I know this great consultant, his name John, (lol) whose signature line says:

"You may never know what results come from your actions... But if you do nothing there will be no result." Mahatma Gandhi

so......
as another person once told me:
So if you try it, prepare, be intentional, and bless and release those people who, as Chef Kearns relates, just sit there and ignore you at the door.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you have a GREAT experience.

Marghi

oooooooooo....She's GOOD! ;)

Love that!

Dang that is not fair throwing my own words back at me! Or at least someone else I quoted! But you are right. I am putting together a catalog of things I need to sell so I can pay for my hotel room at NC. I have $111 so far and need $200 more so I a little extra. My Unemployment ran out last week, funny how I get 6 months after 33 years of never being out of work or collecting UI and others got 2 years after way less years, but I digress! And HO will not refund my registration so... I go or loose it. I will be danged if I am going to loose it and it will cost more for me to commute back and forth all 4 days. But I have my planned attack! I have my paper work put together, a mini and my flier, ONLY TO BE GIVEN TO PEOPLE WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED, and I am getting some index cards to get their info. And I do have recipe cards so I will use that idea too but in a different way. I will leave one with everyone that I visit. Then I have my name out there at least. I also have 25 Pamper a Business packages too and I already have 10 places to stop so... I will be danged if I will be defeated!

I will be danged if I will be defeated!

THAT is an attitude to have!!!!

You WILL make it work...(if you want it bad enough, which I think you do)

Good Luck John - I'm rooting for you!

also, I heard an idea about taking info from the people who say they would want to be invited to a show, but not host. Keep that info on a list and then when a person says, yes I would host but don't know any people, hand over the list. Or have the people write their info on those postcard invites and then just add the date and place. mara

John, we are all pulling for you, and I am confident you will pull it off! You'll get some great ideas at the conference, and get re-invigorated. Mara, great idea.all the best
Marghi

John - I'm glad you posted this. Now I'm inspired to do the same in my neighborhood. I'm going to start on Monday. Let me know how yours goes, and I will do the same through this thread. I only know one neighbor - so this should be fun!
Nancy

Nancy just remember this, if it has a fence and a dog - don't go in! Otherwise hit it!

Good luck John and Nancy!

pampered1224 said:
Nancy just remember this, if it has a fence and a dog - don't go in! Otherwise hit it!

Good luck to both of you--and as a dog owner, I have to add:
If it has a fence, rattle the fence a little, maybe whistle or open the gate and stand there for a minute--the dog might be in the back yard.

Most dogs are great, but if they don't know you....they might not know you "come in peace"

Marghi

You can do it John! Those who put the effort into their business,get what they want out of their business.

What Are Your Thoughts About Pampered Chef's Products?

At Pampered Chef, we take great pride in our products and stand behind their quality. Our team of chefs, food scientists, and engineers work together to create innovative and durable kitchen tools that are designed to make cooking easier and more enjoyable for our customers. We are constantly listening to feedback and making improvements to ensure that our products meet the high standards of both home cooks and professional chefs.

What Makes Pampered Chef's Products Different From Other Kitchen Brands?

One of the things that sets Pampered Chef apart from other kitchen brands is our commitment to quality and innovation. We use only the highest quality materials and our products are rigorously tested to ensure they can withstand the demands of everyday cooking. Additionally, we offer a lifetime guarantee on all of our products, so you can have confidence in your purchase.

Are Pampered Chef's Products Safe to Use?

Yes, all of our products are safe to use and have been thoroughly tested to meet safety standards. We also offer products that are specifically designed for children, such as our Kids' Safe Slice Knife, to encourage young chefs to get involved in the kitchen. As always, we recommend following proper safety precautions when using any kitchen tools.

What Kind of Recipes Can I Make With Pampered Chef's Products?

Our products are versatile and can be used to make a wide range of recipes. From everyday meals to special occasion dishes, our tools are designed to help you create delicious and beautiful meals. We also offer a variety of recipes on our website and through our consultants, so you can get inspiration for your next culinary creation.

How Can I Purchase Pampered Chef's Products?

You can purchase Pampered Chef products through our website or through one of our independent consultants. Our consultants are passionate about our products and can provide personalized recommendations and demonstrations to help you find the perfect tools for your kitchen. You can also host a Pampered Chef party to earn free and discounted products. Contact your nearest consultant to learn more.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • kam
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
Replies