• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grand Opening - Your Thoughts...

Jessica Warren is having her Grand Opening Show next Saturday and she is planning to do the following: greet guests as they come in, give them a ticket (for the drawing), invite them in and ask them to help themselves to food and refreshments (I will have 3 different foods out - 3 Cheese Garden Pizza, Three Berry Trifle and not sure), have all her PC products out along with food for them to "try out" with some of the products, ie. food chopper, slicer, have guests sit for the "presentation", hand out catalogs and order forms (didn't know if I should do this earlier, didn't want them trying to carry something and eat), intro myself, story and thank everyone for
ChefJWarren
Gold Member
I'm having my Grand Opening Show next Saturday and here is what I'm planning to do. Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions/advice.......

Greet guests as they come in, give them a ticket (for the drawing), invite them in and ask them to help themselves to food and refreshments (I will have 3 different foods out - 3 Cheese Garden Pizza, Three Berry Trifle and not sure)

I will also have all my PC products out along with food for them to "try out" with some of the products, ie. food chopper, slicer. I will be walking around socializing with the customers and talking up products.

After everyone has arrived, looked at some products and helped themselves I will ask them to have a seat for the "presentation". Hand out catalogs and order forms (didn't know if I should do this earlier, didn't want them trying to carry something and eat)

Intro myself, story and thank everyone for coming and helping me get my business off the ground. Hand out SB cookbook as a "thank you" for helping me out.

Guest introductions - tell your favorite PC product and why or give a tip if this is your first PC show

Catalog - talk about symbols and what they mean, explain more about SAC, Forged Cutlery, Cookware and Stoneware

Talk about Monthly Specials Flyer and Host specials, benefits of hosting own show, becoming a PC consultant.

Through this tickets were being handed out for various reasons.

Answer questions, help guests fill out order form.

Draw for prizes (have to wait until end because they get tickets based on order amount).

Did I miss something???

Jessica Warren

Because most the people who would have come to me grand opening ended hosting a show for me, I didn't end up doing my grand opening in this manner~ just did a small show. But...... Some things to consider:

I would suggest having your very best friend, mom or someone else actually "host" the show BECAUSE you can not earn PC$ or other rewards on shows you host yourself. Not even sure if you can earn comission. Think of a person who would appreciate the 10% phd and booking benefits.... Or a recruit coul take it and get the kit credit.

I would offer extra tickets for bringing an outside order, extra tickets for bringing an adult guest. Extra tickets for purchases in $50 increments, up to like $300 total (before shipping and taxes of course).

Have them ask you questions about the business, and offer x number of tickets for asking the bonus question: How do I get started? (isnt' that the bonus qusestion?)

Asfar as what you offer at the drawings: Perhaps offer the kit credit ($20 or $40 to whoever wants to start selling! Or if more than one person wants to (woudln't that be nice!), do a drawing for it.

Raffle off the charter host gift, one of the half price items (either a combo or any catalog item, depending on whatever you might have your sights on), the host special, and you can even raffle for the 2 different additional purchases at _____% off. The discount would not count towards there already placed order, but they could have the option of purchasing something additional at the host discount amount (depending on party amount).

You may get additional ideas by looking at the mystery host flyers in the archived files: search "mystery".

HTH

I was told that I could benefit from my own Grand Opening Show - product discounts, free products, half price items.

I am doing tickets for various reasons like your suggested. Also, I'm giving away the Pizza Cutter and Garlic Press (I had two of each). I like your idea of the bonus question! I may also do something for someone who wants to sign up like the $20 credit as an incentive.

Thanks.

Make sure they fill out the PC drawing slips too, maybe for the grand prize so you have contact info.

It sounds like you are pretty organized and thinking things out well.

My director told me to use someone else's name to be the host so I would be
able to take advantage of all the benefits. My D SIL consented to host my show from a distance. He is always looking to keep his D MIL (Endora) happy.:D

If you have the DCB, I would suggest a recipe with the pork tenderloin. The salad is good & goes a long way. I made it for a show last Sunday & they loved it.

If you don't have the DCB, see if there is someone you might borrow it from &
invest in it using FPV or as a 1/2 price item.

Good luck & "break an egg";)

P.S. Let us know how it went!

Make sure to have a lot of FUN! Let us know how great your show goes!:p

I have the VERY old style DCB. It looks more like a stone bowl. I think it was one of the first things I bought as a PC customer (about 10 years ago!).

Jessica

You can host your own show. You still get all the benefits.

If you host your own show, can you get the booking benefit too?

You do not get the booking benefits. Alos, you do not earn consultant rewards, such as super starter PC$ or sell-a-thon awards.

Consultant-hosted Shows
You may want to host your own Show from time to time.
When you or a member of your household hosts your own
Show, you are entitled to host benefits and commissions
as follows:
• You receive commission on guest orders only. You
will not be paid commission on items you order at the
host discount.
• You are not entitled to the Booking Benefit or a past
host discount.
In addition, please note:
• Personal orders placed on the Show do not count toward
the achievement of any bonus, incentive or award.
• A recruiter or upline Director cannot be the host for a
downline Consultant.

My director suggests we hold our own first show. Turned out okay for me. But I can see the pros of having someone else do it too.
You do sound like you have thought this through well!
Good luck!
~Kimberly

What is the purpose of a Grand Opening event for Pampered Chef?

A Grand Opening event for Pampered Chef is a celebration to officially introduce the company's products and services to the community. It is a way to generate excitement, attract potential customers, and establish a strong presence in the market.

Will there be any special promotions or discounts during the Grand Opening event?

Yes, there will be special promotions and discounts available during the Grand Opening event. This is a great opportunity to get our high-quality products at a discounted price.

Is the Grand Opening event only for new customers or can existing customers also attend?

The Grand Opening event is open to both new and existing customers. We welcome everyone to join us in celebrating this exciting milestone for our company.

Will there be any demonstrations or product samples at the Grand Opening event?

Yes, there will be live demonstrations of our products and samples available for customers to try. This is a great way to see the quality of our products and decide which ones are right for you.

Can I bring my friends and family to the Grand Opening event?

Absolutely! We encourage you to bring your friends and family to the Grand Opening event. It's a great opportunity to introduce them to Pampered Chef and have a fun day together.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• scrappergirl7
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
Replies
Views
cjromero
  • feather18
  • Products and Tips
Replies