• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Low Show Attendance, Here's What I Do!

In summary, In my first four months, my sister did two shows for me. The 2nd, only 3 people were there plus sister and her DH. They had all seen my show before so I decided to just be a little more relaxed and just have some fun. The best part is when someone takes an item someone else wants and they almost fight over it!
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I know some people on here lately have talked about hosts canceling parties because of low attendance. I have been doing something a little different when I have 3 or less people in attendance. The guests still seem to have fun, we talk about alot of products and it's not just me standing up there talking the whole time. Now, this was before I started doing an interactive show but it might still give some people an idea to help them.

When the guests walk in, I have them grab three products: their favorite product, the product they would love to own and a product that they have no clue what it is.

I start the show with having them introduce themselves and tell me which of the three products is their favorite and have them sell it to the other guests. This really gets them talking. Then after we go around the room, I usually talk about stoneware, cookware, or something that I know they don't have in their hands. Then we go around again and I have them talk about the product they would love to own. This helps because if someone in the room as it, they will usually encourage the guest to buy it. Or they can get great tips from me on why they need to purchase it today. Then I usually talk about something else that hasn't been covered. Then we talk about the product that they don't know about and why they thought it was interesting. I usually ask the group if anyone knows what it is and if they don't I have the guess (one of the big ones is the citrus press!). After this is usually when I go into my hosting and recruiting talk.

I like doing this kind of show with a small crowd because it takes less time, gets the products in their hands and gets them talking about it. They usually seem to have a lot of fun! Just thought I would share!

Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for those ideas. I especially like the fact they have the products in
their hands, and do the selling for you. It gives you a hint on who might make
a good recruit, too.

This is a fun idea, I may start incorportating something like this into my interactive demos. My groups have been large lately, but if everyone just picks one product, this would still work. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks this is a great idea I am new and this could help me from future disappointment with small groups. Love it..

This is a great idea!! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you!!!!

One of my first shows only had 2 guests....I wish I could think of these
great ideas.

These ideas are great - thanks! :)

Chef Endora said:
Thank you!!!!

One of my first shows only had 2 guests....I wish I could think of these
great ideas.
That's how I came up with the idea. In my first four months, my sister did two shows for me. The 2nd, only 3 people were there plus sister and her DH. They had all seen my show before so I decided to just be a little more relaxed and just have some fun. The best part is when someone takes an item someone else wants and they almost fight over it!

Glad I finally shared this, I haven't done a show this way in a while but there was a lot of talk about low attendance lately

Love this idea!! I might tweek it a bit too to my own thing - I think I just came up for some uses with those old catalogs - why not cut out the product and put them on index cards with some glue - this way if more then one girl loves the food chopper - they both have to sell it!!

What a great recruiting tool also!!

Thanks!! Great idea!

These are some good ideas. Thanks for sharing with us! :) :) :)

wadesgirl said:
I know some people on here lately have talked about hosts canceling parties because of low attendance. I have been doing something a little different when I have 3 or less people in attendance. The guests still seem to have fun, we talk about alot of products and it's not just me standing up there talking the whole time. Now, this was before I started doing an interactive show but it might still give some people an idea to help them.

When the guests walk in, I have them grab three products: their favorite product, the product they would love to own and a product that they have no clue what it is.

I start the show with having them introduce themselves and tell me which of the three products is their favorite and have them sell it to the other guests. This really gets them talking. Then after we go around the room, I usually talk about stoneware, cookware, or something that I know they don't have in their hands. Then we go around again and I have them talk about the product they would love to own. This helps because if someone in the room as it, they will usually encourage the guest to buy it. Or they can get great tips from me on why they need to purchase it today. Then I usually talk about something else that hasn't been covered. Then we talk about the product that they don't know about and why they thought it was interesting. I usually ask the group if anyone knows what it is and if they don't I have the guess (one of the big ones is the citrus press!). After this is usually when I go into my hosting and recruiting talk.

I like doing this kind of show with a small crowd because it takes less time, gets the products in their hands and gets them talking about it. They usually seem to have a lot of fun! Just thought I would share!

that is a GREAT idea.....I love it!!

Love the making lemonade out of lemons attitude girl!! Thanks for sharing!

1. How can I increase attendance at my Pampered Chef shows?

To increase show attendance, it's important to promote your shows in advance and to get creative with your invitations. Utilize social media, email lists, and text messages to reach out to potential guests. Offer incentives such as free products or discounts for attendees who bring a friend. You can also consider hosting themed shows, such as a holiday or summer BBQ themed show, to attract more guests.

2. What can I do if guests RSVP but don't show up to my show?

If guests RSVP but don't end up attending your show, it's important to follow up with them. Send a friendly email or text message thanking them for their interest and reminding them of the products and deals they missed out on. You can also offer to schedule a personal demonstration with them at a later date to make up for their missed show.

3. How can I make my shows more exciting and engaging for guests?

To make your shows more exciting and engaging, consider incorporating interactive elements such as games or demonstrations. You can also offer hands-on experiences for guests to try out products and get a feel for how they work. Additionally, make sure to provide plenty of snacks and refreshments to keep guests energized and happy throughout the show.

4. What should I do if I have a low attendance at my show?

If you have a low attendance at your show, don't get discouraged. Instead, use it as an opportunity to focus on providing a personalized and intimate experience for the guests who did attend. This can lead to stronger relationships and potential future bookings. You can also consider reaching out to your host and offering to reschedule the show for a later date to give them more time to invite more guests.

5. How can I prevent low attendance at my shows in the future?

To prevent low attendance at your shows in the future, it's important to stay organized and plan ahead. Create a calendar with upcoming show dates and start promoting them early. Stay in touch with potential guests and follow up with them to confirm their attendance. You can also reach out to past guests and offer them exclusive deals or discounts to encourage them to attend future shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cjromero
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefJWarren
  • Products and Tips