1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Suggestions for show format for Sat. Potato soup

1. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

For my show on Saturday, we are doing the Loaded Baked Potato Soup w/ Garlic Biscuit Bites. My host is interested in this being an interactive demo since she is mixing her crowd and thought it would be a fun way for others to get to know each other and have fun.

Any tips or ideas on how to get this recipe to flow well for that? I've made the soup many times at home, but this is my first time at a show.

I also am wondering how to weave in the other product lines to talk about when I do this.

Dec 11, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Other product lines - well, you're using a skillet to make the biscuits, and when they are done, you slide them out onto a SA plate...you use a knife to cut potatoes and green onion, as well as a cutting board. Use a chopper to chop up bacon or ham, or broccoli....use SA or bamboo to serve the toppings...use an ERMC to measure the milk, use the prep bowls to have ingredients in to slice/chop...this demo uses a TON of products!

Dec 11, 2009
  3. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I guess you're right! Duh! Can you tell I'm having one of those days where I'm panicking prematurely! lol

I'm going to make this tonight for dinner to practice. My son is having mouth surgery today, so I'm a bit of a nervous wreck.

I just hope I can get the flow right for the show and figure out how to get people relaxed and interested in participating and having fun.

Dec 11, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Amanda - have them all use the knives to cut the potatoes (this makes the potatoes cook MUCH faster!)
    Then have them all mash with the mix n chop.

Have someone grate cheese and crush garlic for the biscuit bites.

You'll do fine! The DCB is always such a hit!

Dec 11, 2009
Have something to add?