• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Coaching for $1k Shows: What Are Your Strategies?

In summary, Becky is suggesting that the coaching aim for 20-25 orders. She talks about how the hosts are like a trunk, with guests on the branches, and how over time the hosts will learn what works for them and what doesn't.
finley1991
Meeting Idea: Coaching for $1k ShowsBecky mentioned on Chef Success about coaching all January hosts (all hosts every month for that matter) to $1k shows to increase their host benefits.

At our December Holiday Party/Team Training I'm going to do a segment on this... I LOVE THIS IDEA!!!! My idea is to train them to coach to a $1k show and then coach through the Christmas holiday as well...(which is something we should all do every year as well)!

So what I am hoping with this thread is to come up with some ideas that we can share and brainstorm a great training to do in December (or November because it's early enough!)

Let's hear what you all do to coach your host to $1k shows!

There is another Director in our group that does just that. She coaches all of her hosts for $1000 shows and she is amazing. She earned TPC in Sales last year. We've asked her to come do her cooking show for our team at our January meeting. I hope that she can be a big inspiration to our team.

She said that she was always coaching for a $500 show. Of course, her shows ended up being more like $300-$400. Since she changed her methods and started coaching for $1000 shows her average has jumped to around $700!! That's where I need to be!

One thing I've found is that when you have some $1000 shows that get bookings, it seems that THOSE new hosts are more likely to have a $1000 show. I think they hear from their friend who had the $1k show how much stuff she got! That puts them in the mindset right off the bat. The biggest coaching I do that seems to result in the $1k shows is to REALLY over-invite. It's the hosts that do that that seem to have the big shows. And outside orders. I really hate offering extra perks to hosts when they do stuff like that because our host program is so generous anyway.

Our team (and the directors I pair up with for meetings) does a big $1000 brunch every December. Every consultant and their host who has a $1000 show during the year is invited. It's become a pretty big deal. The other Directors and I (there are really 3 of us who consistently do meetings together) cook up an amazing brunch and it's NOT just PC recipes. We literally take the whole year to gather recipe ideas and find some amazing things. It's a lot of work, but it's so much fun and it has seemed to motivate consultants more this year than others. It may be kind of late in the game to plan this for THIS December, but it's an idea.

Hmmm, I'll have to keep thinking of brainstorming ideas......

I went to a training seminar a while back w/Deb Bixler & her idea was to coach your host's to the $1000 show..... needless to say I haven't had time to do this but it seems like it can't be that hard to do.

I also like the brunch idea~ Becky.

It's really just about adjusting and raising your expectations- then coaching your hosts. If you believe its not that hard to do- so will your hosts. I believe even though you coach to $1k most won't make it- but I also believe they will achieve more then if you didn't. and isn't that what we all want- lots of happy hosts earning tons of free products. You know they will tell everyone!

"Shoot for the moon- even if you miss you'll still be among the stars!"

What do you say when you coach them to a $1K show?

I suggest they aim for 20-25 orders. I talk about them being the trunk of a tree and the people on her guest list are the branches of the tree. I suggest asking some of her guests if they wouldn't mind sharing a catalog with their co-workers, friends and relatives. Hence the branches - branch out. I also use the 5-15-5 sticker from Sticking To Business to further drive home the point.
I also highlight the 1k catagory on the planner. Sometimes no matter how well you coach the show isn't going to be so great. But with some it definately will.

We're invited to wedding in February there and will probably extend a couple of days. We're from Wisconsin so any tips?

I lived there for 2 years while I went to school! It is a beautiful small town on the beach! Great vegetarian cuisine on every corner and shopping on State street is great.

Isla Vista is where all the college kids live and hang out- used to be a HUGE party town but I think it's mellowed out alot since my days in college!

Montecito is the Ritzy area and Goleta is in between the places mentioned.

Have fun! It's a great town to visit and live! I want to visit again someday!

I live about an hour away from SB. It is nice.

Bring extra $ for shopping while you're there if you have it.

1. What is the best time of year to visit Santa Barbara?

The best time to visit Santa Barbara is during the spring or fall when the weather is mild and there are fewer crowds. However, the city is beautiful year-round and there are always plenty of activities and events to enjoy.

2. What are some must-see attractions in Santa Barbara?

Some must-see attractions in Santa Barbara include the Santa Barbara Mission, Stearns Wharf, and the Santa Barbara County Courthouse. The city also has beautiful beaches, hiking trails, and a vibrant downtown area with shops, restaurants, and galleries.

3. Are there any famous restaurants in Santa Barbara?

Yes, Santa Barbara is known for its excellent dining scene. Some famous restaurants in the city include The Lark, The Black Sheep, and Brophy Bros. Seafood. There are also many other great restaurants serving a variety of cuisines to suit any taste.

4. Is it easy to get around Santa Barbara?

Yes, Santa Barbara is a relatively small and walkable city. There are also public transportation options such as buses and shuttles, as well as ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft. Additionally, many attractions are within close proximity to each other, making it easy to explore on foot.

5. What are some unique experiences to have in Santa Barbara?

Some unique experiences in Santa Barbara include wine tasting in the Santa Ynez Valley, visiting the Old Mission Santa Barbara, and taking a sunset cruise along the coast. The city also offers various outdoor activities such as kayaking, surfing, and whale watching.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
JAE
Replies
Views
Admin Greg