• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You Feeling Alone in Your Direct Sales Business?

In summary, Lara, it's ok to feel lonely in this business. You are not alone, and you can still achieve great things.
LCOLACHICO
I am sure all of us know the saying " your in business for yourself, but not by yourself"?

My question is.... have many of you feel that you are BY Yourself?

My situation is like this.. My director lives out of state, and I live no where near any of my upper line.

I do attend a hospitality group... I am am so thankful to them !!

But no the less still feel alone :eek: !!! Of course their more to the story.. but I would rather not go into that..:(

Just wanted to see what thoughts are out their..

thanks for sharing.
Lara

My Hospitality Director is awesome! I started working with her in January at the Area January Kickoff and it has been wonderful. She treats me "as her own" and some people don't even realize I am "hospitality"! She is about to become an Advanced Director as soon as her 2nd Director qualifies all her people! It is so exciting for her. She is the one I did the 3-way call with when I got my first Recruit. In fact, until my business became more than just a "hobby", my Director pretty much didn't really touch base with me much. Now that I have one recruit, getting higher totals, and setting my sights on Directorship and Recruiting and DISNEY, my Director is wanting to have regular weekly calls with me. I just had my 1 year anniversary yesterday! I think Directors have to help those who set higher goals more than those who are just doing it as a "very part-time" thing. I was a little bothered about her interest now at first, but as I am on the "Dream Team" calls with her and another Director and 6 other team members, I realize she can't work with each individual all the time.

Don't be afraid to ask your HD questions. They volunteer to be HDs and want what is best for their own as well as the hospitality people they have. I know I would be nowhere near where I am without Jennifer!

You got us too, Lara! Hang in there!

I have never felt alone in this business - as long as I have a computer and hospitality!

I also work with a Hospitality director, but kind for the opposite reason that Jane is. I have also been with PC a year (tomorrow) and got off to a roaring start. My Director identified me as a high potential and kind of went a little overboard, to the point where I felt very pressured to recruit, have big shows, etc. She had some other behaviors I didn't respect but I won't go into that here. Also, she lives over an hour away, so I worked with Home Office to get hospitality. In the time that I left my actual director, I have had several excellent months of shows/sales, and 4 recruit leads. My hospitality director is wonderful - welcoming, professional, and empowering.

Lara, don't be afraid to pick up the phone and connect with your long-distance cluster-mates and Director.

That's great the you guys are celebrating your anniversaries! Happy Anniversary!! Whoo hoo!!!

Ok please forgiven me but I guess I am having a pity party for myself :cry: and should suck it up, but here is my issue ... I had my 1st show in Oct since moving to TX, and it was a $600 show and this is my personal best thus far..
It was a horror show to close but ended up working itself out. :)

But my deal is that I guess I am butt hurt that my director did not even recognize me !! I think that kind of sucks and so there it is.. I am butt hurt.. then I did another show at the end of Oct and it was a $400. show. That is a huge thing for me.. and I was proud to have made it :)

I feel bad for it to sound like I want a pat on the back, I don't !! I guess it just makes U feel better when you have some encouragement... but I get all the calls and email re ---- what are you totals and what does your calendar look like, and I feel sometimes its all about the numbers that are going to benefit the needs of others..

So there it is..

I just found out that because I submitted the 2nd show in Nov (the host needed time to close on here side) that those #'s now count for Nov and not Oct.. No big deal but still a personal best for me..

I also was talking to another person in my up line and was told that the way they do things is... in order to be recognized I would have to have $1250 in sales a mo or more.. and I think that kind of stinks..
really what about the "personal best" of those and meeting that goal is not $1250.???

Ok enough of my "pity party" thanks for all the words of encouragement :D

My HD by the way is the BEST, unfortunately as of the 1st she will be leaving PC and I am going to need to find another HD... and that's hard..
I will really miss her and all the many ways she has helped me

Be thankful you get calls.

It is rare that I get calls from either my director or my HD. I do get to see my HD at meetings and she does check in on me that way.

I'm okay on my own. If my director would check in with me more, I would probably have higher sales, more bookings, and maybe a recruit. I moved less than 4 months after starting and it took a while to get a HD. I've been in two years and rarely visit with my director. However, if I would start calling and asking questions and asking for help, there is no doubt in my mind that she would give it.

Ask those questions, get that help, ask to be encouraged. If you don't ask, no one knows you need it.
Also, maybe have your family be your cheering squad. I noticed you have some little ones. You can post a chart on the wall and every time you achieve a goal fill it in or put a sticker on it or move a rocket up higher so that your kids see you reaching your goals. They will cheer for you if they know that you've done something worth cheering about. You can also set it up so that when the rocket reaches the top, the whole family does something extra special so they want it to get there and they are always checking it.

Hope that helps

You always have us!

Lara,

GREAT JOB on your personal best! And I know that was a really hard show with a difficult host, and you handled it all with grace!

It's okay to need/want a pat on the back - that's how we as humans are wired!

Sorry we couldn't all be there to cheer for you in person - but know that your cyber-cluster is giving you a BIG......

WAHOO!!!!!

I noticed you have some little ones. You can post a chart on the wall and every time you achieve a goal fill it in or put a sticker on it or move a rocket up higher so that your kids see you reaching your goals. They will cheer for you if they know that you've done something worth cheering about. You can also set it up so that when the rocket reaches the top, the whole family does something extra special so they want it to get there and they are always checking it.

Hope that helps[/QUOTE]

that is a really good idea :)

teachernikol said:
Be thankful you get calls.

I noticed you have some little ones. You can post a chart on the wall and every time you achieve a goal fill it in or put a sticker on it or move a rocket up higher so that your kids see you reaching your goals. They will cheer for you if they know that you've done something worth cheering about. You can also set it up so that when the rocket reaches the top, the whole family does something extra special so they want it to get there and they are always checking it.

Hope that helps

that is a great idea. thanks :)

Thank you for the big wahoo !! :) I am so thankful for all of you

I love it when people toot their own horns! Personally it gives me inspiration to want to be like them and have the same results! Congrats on your best show!

I have always felt alone. I found that if I don't bring in high numbers I am non existent (or at least I am made to feel that way) in my cluster. The only people who my director tends to get "friendly" with are those who have the numbers. But here is a little background. When I started PC I did not have even a list of 40 to start. I gave one but it was everyone I worked with in my office at the time. I have no family and my DH only has his sister and mother, who's 80. So I had a really, really tough time getting started. Instead of being there for help I was talked to as I was not doing enough. Even though I asked everyone, did fairs, talked to anyone and everyone. It just seemed everytime my Director called it wasn't good enough. So I got to where I hated to even see her phone number on my caller ID. Because instead of feeling encouraged I felt depressed and wanted to just give it all up. I am glad I didn't because I am finally starting to do better but it took me almost two years and pretty much alone, except for you guys :) My recruiter stopped selling PC almost a year now so I was only under her for about 10 months. So anyways, I know what it feels like to be alone, but like others have said there is this website for all the Wahoo's you need as well as any help/advice/ideas :) Thank you all. I don't think I woulda made it without ya :)

WAHOO FOR YOU!!!:love::D:sing::thumbup:I understand where you are coming from! I've never had a $1,000 month and I am determined this one will be the one! Course on the other side, I posted on here last Saturday I got my first recruit and even with posting on it twice myself, I only got 3 responses. That kinda hurt because I make it a point to cheer anyone on that announces something! Hang in there, Lara!

pcchefjane said:
WAHOO FOR YOU!!!:love::D:sing::thumbup:I understand where you are coming from! I've never had a $1,000 month and I am determined this one will be the one! Course on the other side, I posted on here last Saturday I got my first recruit and even with posting on it twice myself, I only got 3 responses. That kinda hurt because I make it a point to cheer anyone on that announces something! Hang in there, Lara!

Man I am sorry that I missed that ... Way to Go !!! That is AWESOME !!!! You go GIRL !!!!!

Keep up all the hard work :)

You can all totally post here any time you have something great to share!

I have to ask. . . is "butt hurt" a Texas thing? :confused: That's one I've never heard before.

And you're not alone. . .you have us! :)

Congrats on your personal best. I don't have a lot of support from my director as I live 1 hour away and we always have to go to "her" house, and I like to have my Sunday afternoons with my family. If I have some big exciting news about "my" business, I just email her and she'll respond. I never get an encouragement call, but that is okay with me. This site is a great place to get all the encouragement you may need, and sincere congratulations.Good job. Now you need to go on and try to break your personal best! And don't worry about the month, you know when your sales actually took place. Toot your own horn anytime.

Hey Lara, a big WAHOO from Florida for you!!! :)

Nah, I'm from Texas (well at least the last 21 years) & I don't know what ti means either

chefjeanine said:
I have to ask. . . is "butt hurt" a Texas thing? :confused: That's one I've never heard before.

And you're not alone. . .you have us! :)

No just something that my husband and I say to each other lol

LCOLACHICO said:
No just something that my husband and I say to each other lol

Lara,

it took you long enough to answer this. . .I've been waiting on the edge of my seat. :D :rolleyes:

Have a great day!

I have never even met my director. When I orignally signed...a long time ago....the recruiter I signed under was my director, but then she quit so I moved on to her upline director. Then I actually moved and had a HD which was nice.....by the time I moved back I finally met the new director who I had never heard from before. Then I moved again (we are military) and when I lived in Germany there was no one to be HD for me - just me. So for three years I rarely heard from anyone. Then just this past year the director I had lost her directorship and so now I have a new director - again, obviously from the original upline. I have spoken with her by phone several times and I get emails but I have never met her. I do have a wonderful HD here and in fact, I am planning to go to leadership with my HD. I don't think that my director has forgotten me (how could she, she never knew me) but I don't feel I get the attention I would get if I were someone she had recruited herself. But I realize that as you move up in the company you can't personally know everyone in your downline, especially if you have recruits out of state that are recruiting. I did miss all of the recognition I thought I deserved but at the same time..........I like the feeling that I am able to do this on my own.

chefjeanine said:
Lara,

it took you long enough to answer this. . .I've been waiting on the edge of my seat. :D :rolleyes:

Have a great day!

LOL yeah I have been busy.. Long story but have been at the dr's a lot
and not enough time to be here on cs...
I am now in a walking boot for 3 weeks.. that should be fun trying to get shows :) maybe I could play the sympathy card j/k:p

Jane, I'm using my horrible work/commute schedule as an excuse, but will now say

WAHOO!! on your recruit!!

Lara, I'm sorry you're not getting the encouragement you need and deserve from your Director. I know how you feel about the two big shows. Might be small numbers compared to some - but for you and me, those are FANTASTIC shows, so here's your

WAHOO!!!

Related to Are You Feeling Alone in Your Direct Sales Business?

What Are Your Thoughts On...?

Here are the top 5 most frequently asked questions about "What Are Your Thoughts On?" and their answers:

1. What are your thoughts on meal prep services?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I believe that meal prep services can be a great option for busy individuals or families who want to save time and still enjoy delicious, home-cooked meals. However, I also believe that it's important to choose a reputable service and read reviews to ensure the quality of the ingredients and recipes.

2. What are your thoughts on using non-stick cookware?

In my opinion, non-stick cookware can be a useful tool in the kitchen, but it's important to choose high-quality, PFOA-free options to avoid potential health risks. I also recommend using wooden or silicone utensils to prevent scratching the non-stick coating.

3. What are your thoughts on meal replacement shakes?

I believe that meal replacement shakes can be a convenient option for busy individuals, but they should not be relied on as the sole source of nutrition. It's important to still incorporate whole, nutritious foods into your diet for optimal health.

4. What are your thoughts on using a slow cooker?

I am a big fan of slow cookers for their convenience and ability to create flavorful meals with minimal effort. However, it's important to follow food safety guidelines and ensure that meat is fully cooked in a slow cooker.

5. What are your thoughts on using pre-cut/prepared ingredients?

Pre-cut or prepared ingredients can be a time-saving option, but they may also come with a higher price tag and potentially less fresh produce. I recommend balancing convenience with incorporating fresh, whole ingredients into your meals whenever possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JD Gray
  • Antonia Cader
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies