• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

So, What's Your "Show Night" Dinner?

I usually make chicken or beef stroganoff, and if I'm feeling really fancy I'll make something like salmon with a risotto.Stroganoff always goes over well with my family. I have a crockpot that I use all the time, so it's not too hard to make something that everyone will love.I usually have chicken or pork chops in the crockpot, with some kind of rice or pasta. If my show is close by, I'll also make some kind of side dish.I usually make a Crockpot meal that my whole family loves. It's usually something easy like chili, tacos, or chicken piccata.On show nights, my husband and I usually eat early so that
amy07
Ok, so I'm looking for ideas on meals to make for my family on nights that I have shows. To be honest, right now they usually get frozen pizza or soup & sandwiches. Ughhh, I totally have been slacking in planning ahead. I'm thinking I should be having something "special" for them. So, what do you make?

Why not try out the Power Cooking recipes on them?

oh, and I forgot to add that I don't want to have to do the dishes so that I can pack for my show!;)

I usually do something really easy that doesnt use my PC stuff. It has been spagehtti, grilled cheese or something I can throw in the crock pot

cmdtrgd said:
Why not try out the Power Cooking recipes on them?

duh!! That would be a perfect solution wouldn't it!! The blonde in me is running deep today!

The power cooking recipes are a great idea. You can keep 2-3 batches of the meat on hand in your freezer to keep you good for a month or two depending on how many shows you do a month. I don't know if I have a "go-to" recipe for show nights. I usually get home at 4 and leave by 5:30 so if I have time to make something, it's usually pizza, hamburger helper, frozen stuff ect. Or we pick something up on the way home.

I usually have a roast in the crockpot. Or even a casserole to be put in the oven.

Usually chili in the crock pot..............

CROCKPOT!!! Make in morning, cooks all day. Very easy, not a lot to clean up.

We do "EMFH".....Every Man For Himself!! My kids are 12 and 18 so they are happy to fix a bowl of cereal or Ramen noodles. On show nights that we eat as a family I want to eat EARLY (4:30 to 5) so that my food settles before the show. Nothing worse than burping :eek: during your show!!!

My husband and kids aren't always thrilled with such an early dinner so I let them choose EMFH or I cook :) Since we eat as a family every night, letting them fend for themselves on show nights won't kill them!! (And makes them appreciate me more!! Hee Hee!! :D :love: )

chicken spaghetti
sloppy joes
chili
stew
roast in crockpot
lasagna
things I can do early in the day & wash the dishes in the DW early in the afternoon. Show nights they eat off paper plates so the DW is ready for my dirty show dishes
In the summer
tomato basil soup
chef salads
baked potato
tacos

I also try to keep something in the freezer for these nights, otherwise it's...
Frozen pizza
Chicken patties/nuggets
Chicken Cordonbleu (frozen from grocery store when they go on sale)
Hot dogs/brats
Manwich
sheppards pie

I allready tend to keep alot of ground beef on hand. Some cooked some not. Works out great for us/ I am excited to try the new power cooking meals!

Calendar on the fridge let's them know my schedule --sometimes they just fend for themselves :) because we all cook.Chicken curry or stew is a fav in cold weather--crockpot helps! Hot weather: Salad fixings, fend for your self with a sandwich or quesadilla plus salad.

I made the 30 minute chicken once. I didn't need the DCB, and then I was able to tell the guests about what I made for dinner that night. Otherwise, I do smoked sausage and beans in the crockpot or frozen pizza. If my show is nearby then I make a normal dinner.

I've been doing "power cooking" for a long time so I always have something from the freezer...on the weekends DH cooks - he cooks far better than I can and I love whatever he cooks (he is a good cook, but I'm not cooking it so it awesome).

I work full time in addition to a pretty full show schedule. I heavily rely on my crockpot to have dinner ready on show nights and it works great.

Because of my DH's work schedule, he is usually picking up ds from my sister's house and gets to enjoy her cooking. :)

If DH is home, then he gets to choose & cook dinner for him and DS. If he's out of town and I have a sitter, then it's either spaghetti or chicken tenders for DS and the sitter.

Related to So, What's Your "Show Night" Dinner?

1. What is "Show Night" dinner and why is it important?

"Show Night" dinner is a meal that is prepared and shared with guests during a Pampered Chef party or demonstration. It is important because it gives guests a chance to taste and experience the products being showcased, and also helps to create a fun and social atmosphere for the event.

2. Do I have to cook the entire "Show Night" dinner myself?

No, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you can choose to have the guests participate in the preparation and cooking of the meal, or you can have some dishes prepared beforehand. It's up to you and what works best for your particular event.

3. Can I choose my own "Show Night" dinner menu?

Yes, as a consultant, you have the flexibility to choose the menu for your "Show Night" dinner based on your personal preferences and the products you want to showcase. We do offer suggested menus and recipes for guidance, but ultimately the choice is yours.

4. Are there any dietary restrictions or allergies I need to consider when planning a "Show Night" dinner?

Yes, it is important to ask your guests ahead of time if they have any dietary restrictions or allergies so you can plan a menu that accommodates everyone. You can also offer alternative options or substitutions for certain dishes if needed.

5. How can I make the "Show Night" dinner a memorable experience for my guests?

To make the "Show Night" dinner a memorable experience, you can involve your guests in the preparation and cooking process, share tips and tricks for using the Pampered Chef products, and encourage them to try new dishes and flavors. You can also incorporate fun games or activities related to the meal, and make sure to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere for your guests to enjoy the meal together.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DizziePixie
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
  • Poll
  • chefann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefann