• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Night To Remember: My Unexpected Trip to Crazy Town!

In summary, a woman walks past a kitty and nearly steps on a mouse, which is then decapitated by ants. When she arrives at her host's house, the host's dog comes charging at her. The host apologizes and tells her that her mother-in-law is here. The mother-in-law comes in with her dog and the show starts. The
ChefSharain
I have read so many stories on this site from all of you...some I have laughed my rear end off about and some were really wierd! I always thought, "My goodness, glad that hasn't happened to me"!

Well...let me tell you about my night, last night. I walk up the sidewalk to the door and pass this beautiful kitty sitting on a bench. "oh how pretty you are"'! And as I am gawking at the pretty kitty I almost step right on the beheaded mouse covered in ants that was surely a prideful conquest of the pretty kitty!

The host answers the door and apologizes profusely about the mouse. She had just gotten home from work and had not had time to take care of it. As she is talking I see a big hairy massive thing barking and growling coming right at me! I quickly said, "Nice dog"? She screams "NO"! Holy crap, this dog comes charging at me as I turn my back on him and he is snapping at me just as she is grabbing his collar! Resourceful me sees a bathroom just a short 3 feet away..."run Forest, run"!!! Phew made it into the potty just in time as I about peed myself. Heart pounding, dog getting yelled at, and owner hysterically asking if I am ok. Note to self "You want to host a show? That is great...do you have a dog"?

Ok that dog is put up and this other little family member is as sweet as she can be...why the big dog doesn't eat the little dog for a snack I don't know. Then the front door opens and the Mother in Law comes in ... yep, with her dog! So I am cooking with two lil ankle biters jumping all over the place. Did I mention one had a dress on???

So, show is over...1st trip out to the car, 2nd trip out to the car. Close the hatch on my suv as I will a few minutes before the next trip out. Yep you probably guessed it...last trip out...open the hatch and there is pretty kitty jumping over the back seat escaping my car!!!!!!

I was so happy to get home!

Oh my gosh, thank you for sharing your story!

I love hearing others stories to I can be prepared for everything! Just when I think I heard it all something new comes up!

You poor thing. Welcome to the Have I Got a Story for You Club. I've only had trouble with a dog once. The host is a good friend, but she has a big, protective (read MEAN) dog. It nipped at my tush while I was bringing my stuff in. It didn't actually get a piece of me, but came too darn close for my comfort. I now call her as I drive up to make sure the dog is secured.

I try to remember to ask if there are pets during host coaching. I use the excuse that I'm allergic (OK, it's only slightly) and that I'll need to take an allergy pill before I arrive. If they say they do have pets, then I let them know that their guests will be more comfortable if the pet is secured someplace away from where food is being prepared.My grandmother-in-law is afraid of dogs. She was bitten by one as a young lady. But my idiot SIL thinks it's hilarious to let her very large dog jump up on all her company, including Grandma. You never know when someone with a fear of dogs will be invited to a party. It's safer for all involved for the pets to be contained in another area.

Oh, Sharain! What a night! Glad you made it out in one piece.

This story had me remembering the time I went to the host's house and her English Bulldog humped my leg the entire show (can you just picture this?):eek:. I asked for it to be put up, but host responded "but she'll cry!" :confused: Uh, hello!

That was one I was glad to home from!

Chefstover2 said:
Oh, Sharain! What a night! Glad you made it out in one piece.

This story had me remembering the time I went to the host's house and her English Bulldog humped my leg the entire show (can you just picture this?):eek:. I asked for it to be put up, but host responded "but she'll cry!" :confused: Uh, hello!

That was one I was glad to home from!

That is pretty funny!!! Not if it was happening to you but boy just hearing about it is a hoot!

Ugh! Sharain.....it would be funny, if it wasn't a reality!

I once did a show where the host (3 dogs running around, and 2 more came with her mom!) got her 2 pet rats out of their cage and let them run around on the kitchen table. Where all the guests were sitting and I was doing my demo. The thing that really shocked me was that I was the ONLY ONE who seemed to be bothered by it!:eek:

ChefBeckyD said:

I once did a show where the host (3 dogs running around, and 2 more came with her mom!) got her 2 pet rats out of their cage and let them run around on the kitchen table. Where all the guests were sitting and I was doing my demo. The thing that really shocked me was that I was the ONLY ONE who seemed to be bothered by it!:eek:

Oh, heck no! I would have been out of that house so quick, it wouldn't have been funny! I wouldn't have even stuck around to pick up my stuff. Whatever fit in my arms is what I would have taken. Bleech.

ChefBeckyD said:

I hope they weren't male rats, as they leave a urine trail wherever they walk! :yuck:

Hathery said:
I hope they weren't male rats, as they leave a urine trail wherever they walk! :yuck:

ughhhhhhhhhhh. :yuck:

I was laughing hysterically until you threw that in. ewwwwwwwwwwwww:yuck:

I am laughing so hard I can't breathe!!! I bet there are bunch of "animal gone wrong" stories on this board!

Ummm..thinking back to my cockroach thread the other day--do you think they might have been this lady's pets, LOL?

I am laughing so hard I'm crying! You guys are great fun! So far I haven't had anything that bad yet. But wait I'm sure it will happen sometime. Thanks for the laughs.

I had a show recently where a dog really liked me. Everytime I bent down to put something up in my bag (packing up to leave), he was "humping" me!:love:

FAQs about "A Night To Remember: My Unexpected Trip to Crazy Town!"

1. What is the book about?
The book is a collection of humorous and relatable short stories about the author's unexpected and crazy experiences while traveling. It includes adventures, mishaps, and lessons learned along the way.

2. Is the book suitable for all ages?
While the book does contain some adult language and situations, it is ultimately up to the discretion of the reader or parent/guardian. It is recommended for readers ages 16 and up.

3. Can I purchase the book in a physical format?
Yes, the book is available for purchase in both paperback and hardcover formats on our website or through authorized retailers.

4. Are there any discounts available for bulk purchases?
Yes, we offer discounts for bulk purchases of 10 or more copies. Please contact our customer service for more information.

5. Is the book available in other languages?
Currently, the book is only available in English. However, we are working on translations and hope to have them available in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisacb77
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lisacb77
  • ChefSharain
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • Chefgirl2