• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Transform Your Dinner Routine with Cooking Workshops: Tips and Ideas

D
DizziePixie
Talking to a scrapbooking consultant friend of mine who does monthly workshops, I thought of the idea of doing cooking workshops. Since "new ideas" are never really new, I thought some of you may have tried doing these before and may be able to tell me how well they worked.

In a nutshell, I want them to learn to make a new kind of meal or dish (usually a dinner). They would give me enough money up front to cover the groceries needed to make a complete meal/dish for their family. When they arrive, they would use the PC tools and I would show them how to make the dish, and they would carry it home either already cooked or ready to bake and serve.

I probably would not do it monthly to start, but maybe quarterly or every other month. I want to promote more cooking at home and eating dinner as a family as well as keeping my name in front of my customers.

Suggestions? Experiences?

Thanks in advance!

Yep, we've discussed this as a "cooking club" and some other name, I forget what, but if you search in the files for "cooking club" and "cooking class" and then read the assoicated threads you should get some ideas.

Ohhh This is a fabulous idea. I am putting this in my notes for when I move. This would be a great way to get to know my neighbours and make some new friends

I tried to do a search but came up empty handed. I'm stilll interested in this idea. Thanks!

I would be interested too. I'll see if I can find anything myself.

OK this is a total hijack, but how in the world do you post a link to another thread (ie Cooking Club links).

BTW I love this cooking club idea & I really love the kids cooking club idea! Anyone have any idea what products are included in the cost??

pamperedtara said:
OK this is a total hijack, but how in the world do you post a link to another thread (ie Cooking Club links).

BTW I love this cooking club idea & I really love the kids cooking club idea! Anyone have any idea what products are included in the cost??

Copy the link and then paste it into the reply post. I use IE with Tabs so I have 2 tabs open which makes doing this really easy. Recently the site changed how links appear.

tlennhoff said:
Copy the link and then paste it into the reply post. I use IE with Tabs so I have 2 tabs open which makes doing this really easy. Recently the site changed how links appear.

:balloon: THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! :balloon: Copy & paste, how obvious was that???:p

I checked out these links, and they are good ides but a little different than what I was thinking about. I was not thinking of all the same people being involved in it every month, just whoever was interested in that month's recipe or theme. I also was not thinking of making them purchase products, just help with the expense of the food.

I was hoping that if I had a "class" to teach people to make new dishes, that some would invite friends that are not currently in my circles that might like to have shows. Also, it would be a way for past hostesses to get energized to have another show.

I think I might like to make it possible that each could go home with that night's dinner for their family. I may have to try this with 2-3 close friends first to see if that's going to work out.

Does this idea make sense? I wasn't looking for immediate sales but more a service to my customers with a way to generate leads for more shows. I was going to do them at my home.

I think it's a great idea, and you should just do it. For the first one you could just tell people that you're still trying to decide the best way to do this. I know I "fear" doing things because I don't know how and I'm afraid to make it up myself because it may fail. Then I forget about it and never do anything. I have thought of this myself, but it's been only a fleeting thought. I haven't wanted to put the effort into it to really think about it. "Just Do It!"

DizziePixie said:
I checked out these links, and they are good ides but a little different than what I was thinking about. I was not thinking of all the same people being involved in it every month, just whoever was interested in that month's recipe or theme. I also was not thinking of making them purchase products, just help with the expense of the food.

I was hoping that if I had a "class" to teach people to make new dishes, that some would invite friends that are not currently in my circles that might like to have shows. Also, it would be a way for past hostesses to get energized to have another show.

I think I might like to make it possible that each could go home with that night's dinner for their family. I may have to try this with 2-3 close friends first to see if that's going to work out.

Does this idea make sense? I wasn't looking for immediate sales but more a service to my customers with a way to generate leads for more shows. I was going to do them at my home.

I think this is a great idea. Our new themese are great places to start with this idea. Make sure that you are recouping your expenses. You might suggest these as "host/best customer" appreciation classes.

Here's something else to do with your scrapbooking ConsultantOne of the things I used to do with my scrapbook consultant is I would provide her refreshments at her monthly workshops. She loved it, because it was one less thing she had to worry about to prepare for her guests - and she encouraged me to leave any promotional materials I wanted to...business cards, newsletters, etc.

I did this for a year or two, until she decided to deactivate.

melindag said:
One of the things I used to do with my scrapbook consultant is I would provide her refreshments at her monthly workshops. She loved it, because it was one less thing she had to worry about to prepare for her guests - and she encouraged me to leave any promotional materials I wanted to...business cards, newsletters, etc.

I did this for a year or two, until she decided to deactivate.

Great idea! She may really like that, too!! Also, thanks for the host/good customer suggestion, Tasha. I could say that it is for them, and that they are welcome to invite a friend. I DEFINITELY will recoop my expenses. I'll have to price everything at the store before I decide the cost. Is there anything else I might be forgetting??

I think I'll take JAE's advice and JUST DO IT! :D

DizziePixie said:
Great idea! She may really like that, too!! Also, thanks for the host/good customer suggestion, Tasha. I could say that it is for them, and that they are welcome to invite a friend. I DEFINITELY will recoop my expenses. I'll have to price everything at the store before I decide the cost. Is there anything else I might be forgetting??

I think I'll take JAE's advice and JUST DO IT! :D

If you are letting them take some of the food home make sure you buy containers and include that in your cost. I'd give them recipe cards with your contact info and the products used in bold. Make sure you talk about what the next 2-3 months host specials are.

1. How often should I host cooking workshops?

The frequency of your cooking workshops will depend on your availability and the interest of your customers. Starting with a quarterly or every other month schedule is a good idea to gauge interest and see if it is manageable for you.

2. What kind of meals or dishes should I teach in the workshops?

It's a good idea to have a variety of dishes planned for your workshops to cater to different tastes and dietary restrictions. You can also ask for suggestions from your customers to see what they would be interested in learning.

3. How much should I charge for the workshops?

The cost of the workshops should cover the cost of the ingredients and your time. You can also consider offering a package deal for multiple workshops or discounts for returning customers.

4. How can I promote my cooking workshops?

There are various ways to promote your cooking workshops, such as using social media, creating flyers or posters, and reaching out to your existing customers. Collaborating with other businesses or organizations can also help spread the word.

5. Are there any tips for making the workshops successful?

To make your workshops successful, it's important to plan ahead and be organized. Make sure you have all the necessary ingredients and equipment ready for the workshop. Also, try to create a fun and engaging atmosphere to make the experience enjoyable for your customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mdelaine
  • Poll
  • chefann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views