• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning an Appreciation Event for Past Hosts 2007

In summary, Margaret Childs is thinking of having a wine and cheese party for her past hosts from 2007. There will be last minute gift giving ideas, drawings, and a good time for all. Non-alcoholic beverages will be served as well.
chefmeg
Gold Member
I would like to have an appreciation dinner for the past hosts from 2007. Before I blab this to them in an email, I would like some advice/ideas on how to best pull this off without incuring too much cost.

Here is more detail: I have 31 hosts from this year...that is catalog and cooking. I am thinking more on the lines now of an afternoon gathering rather than dinner since I don't have room for even if only 1/4 of them show up! I will make a nice invitation for them rather than an email. I am looking at 12/8 to do this-close enough to Christmas but not after the ordering deadline!
Any thoughts and ideas are appreciated!

How about a wine and cheese afternoon? Or an English Tea midafternoon?

Its getting close to 12/8 so you'd better skip to it!

vwpamperedchef said:
How about a wine and cheese afternoon? Or an English Tea midafternoon?

Its getting close to 12/8 so you'd better skip to it!

I LOVE the wine & cheese idea...would it be offending anyone that may have alcohol issues, though?

Not sure if it would offend someone, but they may not come.

I would just write something on the invite like "can't attend? save 20% on your order". Something to that effect. And for the past hosts that do attend offer something else.

I dont know if that's what you intended, but it would draw them in. Good Luck

You could also have soda as a back up. Idont drink at all, but I would still go. If that matters. LOL

this is what I sent out:
Please join me for a gathering in your honor.
As a thank you to all of my 2007 hosts, we will be getting together at my home on December 8th at 3 pm for a wine & cheese party.
There will be last minute gift giving ideas, drawings and a good time for all!
Please RSVP by December 7th
790-1965
Margaret Childs
12213 Tavern Hill Ct
Chesterfield 23832
Non-alcoholic beverages will be served as well

I have only heard from one person that cannot attend, but I plan to call everyone over the weekend to confirm they got the invite!

Sounds good!! I would still offer something to those who can't attend as an incentive to order...Good Luck

I'm wanting to do something for my past hosts as well. Not sure about the wine though, cause I don't drink. Anyone have any other ideas? I'd thought about a cookie exchange...

Cookie exchange is nice, but then THEY have to do the work also.

I don't drink either -- but I would still do a wine and cheese.

I am doing mine on the 8th but they had to have a $500 or more party to be invited. I do appetizers, a sit down lunch and my chocolate fountain. I had 24 that qualified and so far have heard from 6 GRRR
I mention it at my shows to get them excited many will push to get it to the $500 mark. it has to be commissionable not guest sales.
We scrapbooked 20 cookbooks over Thanksgiving to put at each plate at the table. It was great therapy for my mom who had a stroke in October.

chefmeg said:
I LOVE the wine & cheese idea...would it be offending anyone that may have alcohol issues, though?

Offer non-alcoholic choices as well. There's actually a nice selection of NA wines. Same with NA beers.

I'm not sure I'd waste the money on the non alcoholic version...... chances are if they don't drink (religious reasons comes to mind) they aren't going to want to drink wine or beer without alcohol...

Teresa Lynn said:
I'm not sure I'd waste the money on the non alcoholic version...... chances are if they don't drink (religious reasons comes to mind) they aren't going to want to drink wine or beer without alcohol...

I agree - Make the cran-raspberry fizz! It is delicious!

I haven't had the cran-raspberry fizz but the lemon/lime fizz is really good. Plus if you plan on making it in front of your guests, it shows off a lot off good tools including the mandonline.

Scrapbooked cookbooks? Sounds interesting, can you tell me more Teresa?

yeah it was a moment of insanity!!
I do them in 12 x 12 scrapbooks for wedding gifts or special occasions & they are petty elaborate but this was on a much smaller scale.
Last year I gave each hosts the All The Best cookbook and they loved it this year I bought small scrapbooks at Target in the $1.00 area
Took them all apart cut a different color scrapbook paper to fit each page front and back then printed favorite family recipes 4 to a page in different colored ink cut them out and attached them with either the decorative brads or added stickers.
The front cover had a cutout square, I found Mary Englebreit teapots 3 -d paper stickers it fit perfectly in the middle and I wrote a personal note on the front page.

CUTE! but not enough time for me to do that at this point. I am planning to make the Cran/Razz Fizz, serve the brie, and a marinated cheese recipe I love as well as a few other munchies-I do not want my hosts to have to see a demo or do any work! I really want them in my home to buy extra last minute gifts and to really push the bookings for January and Febraury to people that already understand how beneficial hosting is! I have had several respond that they are coming and a few that can't so I plan to let the ones that can't get 20% off any purchase over $60 (they get the sprinkles this way) and if they book a show for January or Febraury, I'll give them an EXTRA $15 in FPV.........

Related to Planning an Appreciation Event for Past Hosts 2007

1. What is the purpose of an appreciation event for past hosts?

The purpose of an appreciation event for past hosts is to show our gratitude and appreciation for their support and loyalty to Pampered Chef. It is a way for us to thank them for opening their homes and hosting parties, which has allowed us to share our products and mission with others.

2. Who is eligible to attend the appreciation event?

All past hosts from the year 2007 are eligible to attend the appreciation event. This includes anyone who has hosted a Pampered Chef party during that year, regardless of the party's sales or attendance.

3. What can past hosts expect at the appreciation event?

Past hosts can expect a fun and interactive event where they will be pampered and treated like VIPs. They will have the opportunity to mingle with other past hosts, learn about new products and promotions, and enjoy delicious food and drinks. There may also be special giveaways and exclusive discounts for past hosts.

4. Do past hosts need to RSVP for the appreciation event?

Yes, all past hosts who wish to attend the appreciation event must RSVP. This will help us ensure that we have enough space, food, and resources to accommodate all attendees. The RSVP deadline will be provided in the invitation.

5. Can past hosts bring a guest to the appreciation event?

Unfortunately, due to limited space and resources, we are unable to accommodate guests at the appreciation event. However, if a past host would like to bring a potential host, they can contact their Pampered Chef consultant to schedule a separate party. This will also give the potential host a chance to experience what it's like to host a Pampered Chef party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamela
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mechelle
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • chefsteph07