• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Smoky Hue on Cookie Sheet: Solutions Wanted!

In summary, the "Smoky Hue on Cookie Sheet" is a common issue caused by a buildup of oils, fats, and food particles on the surface of baking sheets. To prevent it, it is important to clean the sheets thoroughly after each use and consider using parchment paper or silicone mats. The best way to remove the smoky residue is by soaking the sheet in a mixture of baking soda and vinegar or using a paste made of baking soda and water. After removing the residue, the sheet can be safely used for cooking again with proper cleaning.
I just received a phone call from someone saying that their cookie sheet has a smoky hue, and that the black hue comes right off on your hand. Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions, please?!

Sorry never heard of this.

Sometimes when they go in the dishwasher this happens. I don't remember if they are dishwasher safe or not?

They say dishwasher safe. And yes, she did put it in the dishwasher. I wonder why this happens....

she may have used non stick spray on it, and these pans already are non-stick.

A friend of mine said the same thing happened to the cake pans she ordered last year the first time she used them. She threw them away before telling me this, so I could not check them out.

What is the "Smoky Hue on Cookie Sheet"?

The "Smoky Hue on Cookie Sheet" is a common issue that occurs when using baking sheets frequently. It refers to the dark, burnt residue that can build up on the surface of the sheet, causing an undesirable smoky color.

What causes the "Smoky Hue on Cookie Sheet"?

The "Smoky Hue on Cookie Sheet" is typically caused by a buildup of oils, fats, and food particles on the surface of the sheet. These can become baked on and difficult to remove, resulting in the smoky color.

How can I prevent the "Smoky Hue on Cookie Sheet"?

To prevent the "Smoky Hue on Cookie Sheet," it is important to clean your baking sheets thoroughly after each use. Avoid using harsh chemicals and abrasives, and opt for natural cleaning solutions. Also, consider lining your baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats to prevent direct contact with the food and oils.

What is the best way to remove the "Smoky Hue on Cookie Sheet"?

The best way to remove the "Smoky Hue on Cookie Sheet" is to soak the sheet in hot water with a mixture of baking soda and vinegar. After soaking, gently scrub the sheet with a non-abrasive scrubber or sponge. You can also try using a paste made of baking soda and water, applied directly to the sheet and left for a few hours before scrubbing.

Can I use my "Smoky Hue on Cookie Sheet" for cooking after removing the residue?

Yes, after properly cleaning and removing the smoky residue from your baking sheet, it is safe to use for cooking again. Just make sure to continue cleaning it thoroughly after each use to prevent the issue from recurring.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shari in TX
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
  • kewaters
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kewaters
  • quimbychic