• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using Silicone Baking Sheets on Stoneware? Advice Needed

In summary, a consultant was asked if silicone baking sheets could be used on stoneware for baking cookies. While it may seem like a good idea, it is not recommended as it could affect the performance of both and potentially damage the stoneware. It is best to use the stoneware on its own or with parchment paper for an easier clean up.
A Pampered Kitchen
Silver Member
Hello,

I am a relatively new consultant and a guest asked if whe could use her silicone baking sheets on the stoneware. I had never heard of anyone wanting to use them but she likes the way her "cut-out" cookies come out on them. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Cara:balloon:

Hrm. Can't see that it would be a problem (but calling HO to double-check would be a good idea).

Personally, I use parchment paper when I'm making cookies these days. It makes it much easier to remove the cookies from the pan - I just pull the paper with the cookies on it to the cooling rack, then put the next piece (with cookie dough already on it) on the pan, then back in the oven. :chef:

Silicone works just fine on stoneware - but I also use parchment. Love it!

I can't see it being a problem (though, like Melissa, I'd suggest checking with the HO). You'd lose some of the benefits of the stoneware, though.

Hi Cara,Thank you for reaching out with your question! I can understand why your guest would want to use her silicone baking sheets on the stoneware - they do have some great benefits for baking cookies.However, I would not recommend using them together. Stoneware is meant to absorb and distribute heat evenly, while silicone baking sheets are meant to provide a non-stick surface. Combining the two may affect the performance of both and could potentially damage the stoneware.Instead, I would suggest using the stoneware on its own for baking cookies. Our stoneware is designed to create a perfect golden brown finish on cookies and other baked goods. You can also try using parchment paper on top of the stoneware for an even easier clean up.I hope this helps and happy baking!Best,

Pampered Chef Consultant

1. Can I use silicone baking sheets on stoneware?

Yes, silicone baking sheets can be used on stoneware. They are designed to withstand high temperatures and are safe to use on stoneware.

2. Do I need to grease the silicone baking sheet before using it on stoneware?

No, one of the benefits of using silicone baking sheets is that they are non-stick. You do not need to grease the sheet before using it on stoneware.

3. Will using a silicone baking sheet affect the cooking time of my food?

In most cases, using a silicone baking sheet on stoneware will not affect the cooking time. However, it is always recommended to keep an eye on your food and adjust the cooking time if necessary.

4. How do I clean the silicone baking sheet after using it on stoneware?

You can clean the silicone baking sheet with warm soapy water or place it in the dishwasher. It is important to avoid using abrasive cleaners or utensils on the sheet to prevent damaging it.

5. Can I use the same silicone baking sheet for both sweet and savory dishes on stoneware?

Yes, silicone baking sheets are versatile and can be used for both sweet and savory dishes on stoneware. However, it is always recommended to clean the sheet thoroughly before switching between different types of food.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shari in TX
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • nancycookspc
  • Products and Tips
Replies