• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Defective Cookie Sheet: Product Adjustment and Quality Control Concerns

In summary, a recent host bought a cookie sheet from her show and the first time in the oven it popped and warped. I have a feeling that we are having a lot of quality control issues lately because I keep hearing horror stories of lots of broken products, messed up catalogs, no paper in shipment boxes, etc. Any thoughts on that as well?
ShelbyMichalek
A recent host bought a cookie sheet from her show.
The first time in the oven at 375* and within 5 minutes she heard a "popping" sound and looked at it, it was slightly warped!!

I have filed for a product adjustment, I'm just curious to see if this has happened to anyone else?

I have a feeling that we are having a lot of quality control issues lately because I keep hearing horror stories of lots of broken products, messed up catalogs, no paper in shipment boxes, etc. Any thoughts on that as well?

ShelbyMichalek said:
A recent host bought a cookie sheet from her show.
The first time in the oven at 375* and within 5 minutes she heard a "popping" sound and looked at it, it was slightly warped!!

I have filed for a product adjustment, I'm just curious to see if this has happened to anyone else?

I have a feeling that we are having a lot of quality control issues lately because I keep hearing horror stories of lots of broken products, messed up catalogs, no paper in shipment boxes, etc. Any thoughts on that as well?

From what I've heard, once it cools down, it will even back out.

I've heard others mention how the cookie sheet can pop and warp a little in the oven. But I don't know if it's supposed to go back to original shape when it's cool or what.The sheet pans have reinforced edges, and so they do not pop or warp.As far as quality control goes, I too have often wondered if all these problems are a bad thing or say something about the practices of the company. But...I've realized that they handle SO many orders a day and get lots of products in that there is just bound to be quality issues here and there.The best thing though is that PC has a fantastic return/exchange policy in place that protects the customer. All you have to do is let them know about it, and it will be handled. This is why it's so important to follow up with customers before the 30 days are up.

Mine did the same thing. It's not reinforced like the metal bakeware and should go back to it's original shape.

Oh wow, okay. I already did the product adjustment on it, maybe I should call back the host and see whats up with it now. She was really upset because she was able to bend it fairly well and didn't really like that.

Yes, we do have fantastic policies about return/exchange, and she knew that, she called me RIGHT away. My customer's that care to be "in the know" know that most nights I'm available until 11 p.m. (and later to select few friends if it's an honest need to call) and so she called me.

I'll ask her how it's doing now, to me it sounded like an actual warping issue.

I experienced this too-
Here is what test kitchens said-

As for the Cookie Sheets, yes they are thinner and because 2 of the edges do not have sides, there will be some flexing during baking sometimes. However, the Sheet will go back to it's original shape once removed from the oven. We found all competitive Sheets like this design do flex slightly. Rose The Pampered ChefTest Kitchens

I've got 2 of the cookie sheets, and one pops while the other does not. Any non-reinforced sheet will do that in the oven. If it bothers the customer, then follow through with an exchange. But it will even back out when the sheet cools off.

Good. I wondered if it was just mine. Mine too gets warped in the oven but I have noticed it goes back to normal.

Don't the cookies fly off when it pops?

I can just picture that Kate! I use mine a lot and I remembered somewhere it was mentioned that the cookie sheets will twist in the oven. I knew that before we got them for some reason. However, the way they are designed they do not warp as much as a standard cookie sheet so it should not pop off the cookies. Mine have not thus far and they do always go back to flat when they cool.

Mine have popped a few times- but not every time and not as much as the beginning. I think it's often confused with the metal sheet pans which should NOT pop. But the cookie sheet will flex some. I've only had mine do it once during a baking session...it doesn't just stay that way.I'd give her the explanation from above that the Test Kitchen gave and have her just keep trying them. You've got the adjustment requested, so she can still change her mind, but I'd give it a little more use.

1. What should I do if my cookie sheet is defective?

If you purchased your cookie sheet from Pampered Chef, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-123-4567 or email us at [email protected]. We will be happy to assist you with a replacement or refund.

2. How do I know if my cookie sheet is defective?

A cookie sheet may be considered defective if it has visible damage or if it does not perform as expected, such as warping or sticking. If you believe your cookie sheet is defective, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

3. Can I return my cookie sheet if it is defective?

Yes, if you purchased your cookie sheet from Pampered Chef, you can return it for a replacement or refund. Please contact our customer service team for further instructions.

4. How long is the warranty on Pampered Chef cookie sheets?

All of our products, including cookie sheets, come with a limited lifetime warranty. This means that if your cookie sheet is defective or becomes damaged due to normal use, we will replace it for free.

5. Are all cookie sheets from Pampered Chef guaranteed to be defect-free?

While we strive to provide high-quality products, defects may occur from time to time. If you believe your cookie sheet is defective, please contact our customer service team for assistance. We stand behind our products and will work to resolve any issues to your satisfaction.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • flemings99
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Lisa/ChefBear