• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Small Batter Bowl Cake Baking Instructions and Tips

In summary, this customer wants to make a cake in the SMALL batterbowl. How long do you think it should bake? And should she just spray the bowl so it doesn't stick?? I've never made one so I couldn't tell her.Just bumping up...so I can get back to my customer if anyone knows! Should I just suggest she watch it carefully until its done? She asked and I didn't know so I told her I would try to find out but honestly if it were me I would just watch/check it unitl it was done?!
Bexs50
I have a customer who wants to make a cake in the SMALL batterbowl. How long do you think it should bake? And should she just spray the bowl so it doesn't stick?? I've never made one so I couldn't tell her.

Just bumping up...so I can get back to my customer if anyone knows! Should I just suggest she watch it carefully until its done? She asked and I didn't know so I told her I would try to find out but honestly if it were me I would just watch/check it unitl it was done?!

I made the cake in the Classic BB, and it almost flows over in that. (Cooked for about 12 mins) She will have to divide up the batter to use the small, and make sure to just watch it. HTH...sorry!

That would be a good one, divide the batter and make two. Could make a small football cake for Super bowl weekend?

Sure, why not! And my imaginative mind would think.... Make 2 small batter bowl cakes. Cut the 2nd one in half, and fit on to sides of the 1st round one to make the football shape....does that make sense?

Yes, she does have to spray the bowl lightly. I made one in the classic batter bowl. And definitely the small batter bowl will make 2. Just one box of mix though. Bake it the same length of time the box says for the round cakes and then test with toothpick to see if done. Do not remove from oven when testing. If it's not done just close oven door and bake in increments of about 3 min till it is done. I hope this helps.

Chef Stacy Edwards said:
That would be a good one, divide the batter and make two. Could make a small football cake for Super bowl weekend?

Love this idea will have to make one.

I was letting my mind wonder also and had a brain storm for doing Bridal showers or even a display for a Bridal booth. Use the CBB for the Bride, the SBB for a maid of honor, and the Prep Bowls for brides maids or flower girls.

Thanks for the info ladies!

What is a "Batter Bowl Cake"?

A "Batter Bowl Cake" is a cake that is baked in a batter bowl, instead of a traditional cake pan. This creates a unique shape and can be a fun and creative way to bake a cake.

Can I use any type of batter bowl to make a "Batter Bowl Cake"?

Yes, you can use any type of batter bowl as long as it is oven-safe and can withstand the heat of the oven.

Do I need to grease the batter bowl before baking a "Batter Bowl Cake"?

It is recommended to lightly grease the inside of the batter bowl with cooking spray or butter to prevent the cake from sticking.

How do I remove the "Batter Bowl Cake" from the batter bowl?

To remove the cake from the batter bowl, let it cool for a few minutes and then run a knife around the edges to loosen it. Place a plate on top of the batter bowl and flip it over to release the cake onto the plate.

Can I use a "Batter Bowl Cake" recipe with a regular cake pan?

Yes, you can use a "Batter Bowl Cake" recipe with a regular cake pan. However, the baking time may vary and the shape of the cake will be different.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ginamkiely
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • aksusan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chezshelly
  • jigsmom