• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Silent Auction Donation - Need Ideas?

In summary, the private school that the respondent's husband teaches at is having a silent auction. They are opting to donate a gift basket of some sort. They are also trying to sell the "bazar" fundraiser idea.
Leigh0725
Hello! Okay - the private school that my DH teaches at is having a silent auction. Believe me, I'm trying to sell the whole fundraiser idea. I planted the seed and am hoping they'll agree to it. (BTW - the seed was having a "bazar" of some sort - having a handful of different direct sales consultants set up booths for a fundraiser). Right now, they're wanting to do a silent auction. So, I am opting to donate a gift basket of some sort. This is the first time I have done this and need some help. I'm just not too creative on things and was wondering if gals have any suggestions/tips?

Also, any tips to further sell this "bazar" fundraiser idea would help too. Can you imagine the sales/contacts from this? I'm also trying to shoot for early November since the sell a thon starts then. Keep your fingers crossed!

For a gift basket, I always include a gift certificate. That way you get a new contact and if they don't use it, you aren't out anything. Put a season's best and a few of the smaller items if you want. Or something that you no longer need/want that was used for display. As for the bazaar idea, do you need their actual permission? We do one here for a Cancer Support and get the advertising donated, as well as the location. We usually have about 15 or so consultant, though I hope it grows this year since it's our 3rd here. Last year I organized it and everyone donates their proceeds.

I created a thread about this awhile back, here is the link to it:http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=17810I basically used the dots theme, and there are photos of the two on page 3. And a description throughout...

Silent auction itemsThank you so much for the link. This will help tremendously. I'm starting to feel like a car saleman, as I'm really trying to push for the "bazar" idea. I think that having it at the actual school would really help to bring in the sales and contacts. My DH works at a private school in a ritzy area, so I know these parents wouldn't mind spending the money if they knew it would be helping the school out. I honestly think I could pull of 5k in sales with this, not including the amount of contacts I would make. So I'm hoping that this will help me get my foot in the door and plant the seed of PC fundraiser!

Hi there! It sounds like you have a great idea to help your husband's school raise some funds. A bazaar featuring different direct sales consultants is a fantastic way to not only raise money, but also introduce new products and businesses to the community. As for your gift basket, it's always a good idea to include a variety of your top-selling products and maybe even throw in a few exclusive items that are only available through the silent auction. You could also consider creating a themed basket, such as a "cooking essentials" basket with your top kitchen tools and cookbooks. To further promote the bazaar fundraiser idea, you could create flyers and posters to hang around the school and community, as well as utilize social media to spread the word. Best of luck with your fundraiser and I hope it is a huge success!

What types of products can I donate for a silent auction?

At Pampered Chef, we recommend donating our high-quality kitchen tools and cookware sets, such as our popular stoneware, non-stick cookware, and versatile kitchen gadgets. Other popular items include our beloved food chopper, bamboo cutting boards, and air fryer. These items are not only functional but also make great gifts for any food lover.

What is the best way to package my donation for a silent auction?

We suggest packaging your donation in a gift basket or box to make it more visually appealing and presentable. You can also include a recipe card or cooking tips using the donated product to make it more desirable for bidders. Additionally, labeling the items with the Pampered Chef logo and a brief description can help promote our brand and showcase the product's features.

Can I donate a gift certificate or gift card for a silent auction?

Yes, you can definitely donate a Pampered Chef gift certificate or gift card for a silent auction. This allows the winner to choose their favorite products from our wide range of kitchen tools and cookware. It's a great option for those who may already have a specific product in mind or want to try something new.

Do I need to be a consultant to donate Pampered Chef products for a silent auction?

No, you do not need to be a consultant to donate Pampered Chef products for a silent auction. However, if you are a consultant, you can use this opportunity to showcase our products and potentially gain new customers. We also offer special discounts to consultants who donate products for charitable events.

Are there any restrictions on the products I can donate for a silent auction?

We ask that you only donate current Pampered Chef products that are still available for purchase. This ensures that the winner can easily purchase the product if they wish to. Additionally, we recommend avoiding donating products that are too niche or may not appeal to a wide range of bidders. If you are unsure, you can always consult with your local Pampered Chef consultant for suggestions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
marthavela
  • BlessedWifeMommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab