• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Ideas for Impressive Silent Auction Donation

In summary, the Pammered Chef "collection" includes a bamboo square bowl, a pizza set, simple additions (cup or bowl), a cutting board, a gift certificate, and a personal gift certificate. These items can be used to bake a cake in the oven or for other uses. The donation includes information on the items, including a catalog, current host and guest specials, and a business card magnet.
krahema
Sorry if this isn't the correct place to post...

I would like to put together a Pampered Chef "collection" to donate to my childrens' school's silent auction. Does anyone have any ideas for some products that will look "impressive" together?

I think I would like to spend $50 - $75. I'm really not creative at all - I'm always impressed when I go to a silent auction and see some of the packages & their presentation.

Also, would you include a catalog with your information in the package? Maybe an offer for a % off on a future order placed through me?

Thanks so much, in advance, for any help :)

a pizza party is always good. round stone, roller, pizza cutter... definitely include a catalog and I also would add a SBRC with your sticker in it. Another nice thing to do is to include a note congratulating the winner, with your info, and asking them to contact you if they have any questions, need anything, want to be added to your newsletter, etc.

I donated a bamboo square bowl with a Season's Best inside. Covered it in saran wrap (because I couldn't find cellophane in Japan) and then put a ribbon around it with lots of curly ribbon on top. Didn't hear anything out of it for months, then while working a booth someone mentioned that she fought for a PC item in a silent auction at her child's school ... yup, my donation! She's now a very productive TL in my downline and working towards becoming a Director! :D

You never know where donations might lead ... so definitely put your info in there. I wasn't putting in catalogs back then, but I do now!

Oops ...

As for ideas:
  • Trifle bowl with the beaded spoon & the dessert cookbook - with a holiday colored ribbon
  • The pizza set idea was a good one
  • Simple Additions (cup or bowl) filled with candy
  • Cutting board with a knife or two (I did the large grooved cutting board & the 3 knives in honing cases once - ~$100 in value, but I didn't pay that much)
  • PERSONAL GIFT CERTIFICATE!

One of my friends suggested a smaller donation (than the amount you suggest, that goes together like the ideas above, with a personal gift cert for an amount or a % off their purchase from you (maybe you could say "up to" a certain amount!looking forward to reading other ideas. I am doing a donation for a making strides raffle, so I'm going to order some pink stuff on 10/1!

Ideas i have are

Rice cooker with a cake mix, diet soda, whisk

Batter bowl with a cake mix, whisk, measure spoons, measure all, classic scrapper, oven pad and a SBRC with my info inside the cover (this is the one I am doing for a basket I am donating for a silent auction at a school here) ALSO including the information sheet on the batter bowl so they know it can be used to bake the cake right in the oven and other uses. A current catalog, my business card, current host and guest specials.

I just did this for my best friends daughter's school. Theirs was a smaller $ amount. I used the Large Bar Pan with 2 printed recipes - Warm Carmel nutty Brownies and Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares. A catalog, and a "you've also won a free cooking show!" sheet with October host special and a brief explaination of benifits of hosting. and my info on every piece of paper and the catalog. AND a business card magnet!

wrapped it all up in cello with a crazy neon green ribbon and hoping for the best!

Last edited:
I am donating one for a benefit for someone with cancer. I am going ot do ur beer bread mix with some seasons and the garlic infused calola oil and a pumpkin dish. Trying to find a few other little things to add. I was definitely going to put a catalog with myinfo in it.

I donated a a baking one to our school last year and it was loaded. IT had other stuff besides pampered chef in it. I had a muffin stone and all kinds of cake mixes, cupcake wrappers, a muffin cookbook and a bunch of other things. I was so excited about it. I put a gift certificate in it for $20 from me. THe lady that won it ended up beign one of my past hostesses from just the week before! SHe had a $1000 party, so she already had a ton of PC stuff! She was excited to win. I was hoping for some new contacts, but it was all good. SHe was a great hostess! :)

Thanks everyone for the great ideas! I'm thinking I might try to put together something that would incorporate pantry items, in hopes that the winner might contact me down the road for "refills". :)

What types of products or services are typically popular for silent auction donations?

Some popular items for silent auction donations are gift baskets, kitchen gadgets, cooking classes, home decor, spa packages, and unique experiences such as wine tastings or concert tickets.

Are there any specific guidelines or restrictions for the donations?

There may be guidelines set by the organization hosting the silent auction, so it is best to check with them before making a donation. Some common restrictions include not accepting alcohol or perishable items, or requiring a minimum value for the donation.

How can I make my donation stand out and be more appealing to bidders?

You can make your donation stand out by offering a unique or exclusive item, bundling multiple products or services together, or creating a visually appealing display for your donation at the auction.

Can I include promotional materials or brochures with my donation?

It is best to check with the organization hosting the auction beforehand, as they may have specific rules about including promotional materials. If allowed, keep in mind that the focus of the donation should be on the actual product or service being donated, rather than promoting your business.

Is there a deadline for submitting donations for the silent auction?

Most organizations will have a deadline for submitting donations in order to properly organize and display them for the auction. It is best to check with the organization beforehand to ensure your donation is submitted on time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PChefPEI
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • muffetts
  • Products and Tips
Replies