• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Ideas for Silent Auction Items

In summary, the SLAH lady donated a Cran Rectangle Baker and the event's winner has not been contacted yet.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
We are having a silent auction at work next week and I am donating some items....PChef, of course! ;)

I have 2 small white bowls that I could fill with something, but I need some ideas. My door prize supply is low, so I thought maybe chocolates, hot chocolate mix, or something like that. I do have some paring knives, recipe cards and twix-it clips.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! :)

Fill the bowls with some of the Cranberry Crunch and wrap it in cellophane, and clip it together with a twixit!

Or fill them with some of those really yummy peppered glazed pecans.....those are so good.....but the Cranberry Crunch might look prettier....

Do you have the recipe for Cranberry Crunch??

Never mind....found it!! :)

add a gift certificate! It could get you a new customer! Even $5-10 may be good enough with something else.

I ordered some stuff off the outlet like the pie plate and kids apron with chef hat for our silent auction.

Gift certificate idea is great! I may even do a couple of FREE cooking show ones.

We don't have an outlet in Canada.....or, if we do, someone please let me know!! :eek:

Okay, here's what I did at a booth I had. All the vendors had to donate an item worth $50 (yup!! STEEP). I didn't want to be out of pocket for a $50 without some promise of return!! The SLAH lady that was next to me (a member of the church the event was held at) just offers a gift certificate. She offers the winner an additional, in this case, $50 in FREE product AT their party with sales of at least $350. I put sales of at least $450.

I thought it was a good idea. If no one bids on it, I'm not out any money. If someone bids on it then I am out money, but I've got a show. Even if it is a low show (just the $450) I will get bookings and one of them will definitely be well above the $500 level (it's just the way things go)!! So, the church let's us do it, so that is what I did. The event is this Friday (the 30th), so I will find out soon if anyone bid on it or not.

The SLAH lady and I worked an event together the previous week. We had to donate something valued at at least $40. I donated the Cran Rectangle Baker. Do ya'll know how hard it was to put that up on the table?!! And have I heard from the winner?! Nope! I didn't even get to find out who it was. Now I got smart! :D I hope!!

Related to Need Ideas for Silent Auction Items

1. What types of items are popular for silent auctions?

Some popular items for silent auctions include kitchen gadgets and tools, gift baskets, cooking classes, vacation packages, and unique experiences such as dinner with a celebrity chef or a behind-the-scenes tour of a popular restaurant.

2. How can I get donations for silent auction items?

Reach out to local businesses and ask if they would be willing to donate a product or service. You can also ask friends and family if they have any items they would like to contribute. Be sure to offer recognition for the donors, such as displaying their logo or business name at the auction.

3. Are there any restrictions on what can be auctioned off?

It is important to check with your organization or event coordinator to see if there are any restrictions on the types of items that can be auctioned off. Some organizations may have guidelines regarding alcohol, firearms, or other items that may not be appropriate for a silent auction.

4. How can I make my silent auction items stand out?

Consider bundling items together to create unique packages. For example, you could pair a cooking class with a set of kitchen tools or combine a gift card to a restaurant with a bottle of wine. You can also create eye-catching displays for the items and include detailed descriptions to highlight their value.

5. Is there a recommended price range for silent auction items?

The price range for silent auction items can vary depending on the overall budget and target audience of the event. However, it is generally recommended to have a variety of items at different price points to appeal to a wider range of bidders. It is also important to research the market value of the items to ensure they are appropriately priced for the auction.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krahema
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
krahema
  • muffetts
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebbieSAChef