• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some affordable items to donate for a silent auction?

In summary, the donor is considering donating a medium bamboo platter and small tongs with the easy impresive appetizers cookbook to a silent auction. They are also considering donating a gift certificate, made out by the donor to be redeemed through the donor.
cmcchef
I have been asked to donate for a silent auction. I don't want to spend too much out of pocket. I'm hoping it will generate leads, but it's not a cause I'm invested. That said, I'm trying to put together a few items to get the most bang for my buck - like maybe the $50 range.

I was thinking maybe the medium bamboo platter and small tongs with the easy impresive appetizers cookbook. Any other suggestions?

Also, how do you go about ordering something like this, when you don't have a customer name? Do you order it as a personal order? I have a friend doing a show this weekend and I would love to give her another order on her show (foregoing the 20% off, but earning the commission). But how would I order it on her show without a name, and what happens to the warranty then?

Sorry, lots of questions, but you guys are so smart I can't help but ask!

Since it's a donation, can you put it in the name of the organization you are donating TOO? Then the payment would be "Consultant Gift". You can claim up to $35 I think as a gift to one person per year on your taxes. Not sure if that applies to something like this too. Then you can take it on your taxes- or at least part of it.I did this just now for a donation of prizes to our Cub Scout pack.Can't help much on the WHAT to donate though. The Bamboo is pretty, that's for sure.

I gave a Coffee Lover Basket for one: Coffee and More Cups, Starbucks Ground Coffee with a Scoop Clip on top. Included a gift certificate for a free cooking show :)
Packaged nicely in a basket with black shreds in the cups to look like coffee :)
Hope you come up with a good one!

Why not just donate a gift certificate, made out by you to be redeemed through you. This way you get the contact, the order, and who knows where it could lead?!

pchockeymom said:
Why not just donate a gift certificate, made out by you to be redeemed through you. This way you get the contact, the order, and who knows where it could lead?!

That's my thought! Put in a catalog and a Season's Best with it, then you don't have to decide.

I think that sounds like a great Idea, you could still do it up in a basket, w/ a SB and a couple of recipe cards and it could look really cute like a great gift!!!!

My only hesitation about doing a gift certificate is that it's a silent auction. I wouldn't want bids to be limited because of the dollar value of the certificate (which actually ends up being less product value because of tax and shipping). Although I suppose my donation would have a "worth $" note on it anyway, right? I've never done one of these before, so I'm really guessing here.

cmcchef said:
My only hesitation about doing a gift certificate is that it's a silent auction. I wouldn't want bids to be limited because of the dollar value of the certificate (which actually ends up being less product value because of tax and shipping). Although I suppose my donation would have a "worth $" note on it anyway, right? I've never done one of these before, so I'm really guessing here.

Ask the organizer about this.

What are some suggestions for what to donate?

1. Non-perishable food items such as canned goods, pasta, and rice are always in high demand and can make a big difference in someone's meal.

2. Personal care items like soap, shampoo, and toothpaste are also great options as they are often overlooked but necessary for daily hygiene.

3. Clothing and household items in good condition can be donated to thrift stores or shelters to help those in need.

4. School supplies, books, and educational materials can be donated to schools or organizations that support children in low-income areas.

5. Monetary donations are always appreciated as they allow organizations to purchase exactly what they need and provide the most impact for those they serve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • BadGirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • jodistrauss
  • General Chat
Replies