• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Donate for the School Auction?

In summary, the best thing to put in a donation basket for an auction or raffle is something that is more substantial, like a set of stainless mixing bowls or a cookbook. Something small and inexpensive is better to compliment the more expensive item.
BadGirl
Gold Member
I've been asked to make a donation for a school fundraiser. I am willing to part with $100 worth of merchandise.

What would you recommend that I put in a basket for auction? Lots of little/inexpensive things, or a more substantial/expensive item?

Thanks!

I would probably do one larger item..then small items that compliment it..so a product that is around $50..then the other $50 in smaller items..but that is just me.

How about a set of stainless mixing bowls with a couple of tools like a Mix 'N Scraper and such? You can stack the bowls and tie a bow around them for an impressive display.

When I am asked for a donation to an auction or raffle, I tell the person that it's much more lucrative to the organization to do a Fundraiser with me. It costs them nothing, there is no minimum requirement and the rewards are more than a single donation --

I have had several fundraisers ranging from the small $500 ones to ones in the $2500 - $4200 range.

Great advice Janice!I usually donate something that I earned for free, 50% off or 60% off. That way, I can give something bigger without the extra cost. I did do a smaller donation once - a bamboo bowl with a season's best inside. I covered it with saran wrap (couldn't find cellophane here on the base :() and tied a bow on it. A few months later I was working a booth & someone started chatting & told me that she had fought & won a PC bundle during an auction at ________ school. I asked her if it was a bamboo bowl with a SBRC & she said yes. I told her I donated it. She was so thrilled, she ended up booking a show with me, then ended up signing & is now a Consultant on my team! :D Donations can definitely get you somewhere. ;)

Be sure to include a Gift Card good only through you too! I had a customer order pie gates and scrapers for all of her friends for Christmas. I made them into little goodie bags and included $10 gift certificates good with me in them. I wound up with 3 misc orders (totalling about $200) and a cooking show! It may have cost me a few dollars, but totally worth it!
I'm doing a donation basket for a local museum. I'm using the large bamboo bowl as the "basket" and filling it with a rub, a sauce, a cookbook, a scraper, bamboo spoons, A mini serving spatula, and a $50 gift certificate to be used with me! The auction is at the end of the month, but I've already got a bamboo order from the woman hosting it! :)
Good luck with your auction!

Thanks for the great suggestions, everyone. They are much appreciated!

I think I may do a "Family Fun Night" kind of thing.... the Pizza Party Set (pizza cutter $9.75, large round stone with handles $29.50, pizza crust & roll mix $6.50), plus add in the garlic-infused oil ($11.50) and the Italian seasoning mix ($5.75), and finally the Slice-N Serve ($7.50). I'll finish it off with a $30 gift certificate (redeemable only to me!). That will put me right at the $100 threshold that I was hoping for.

I'll have a nice presentation with it, and hopefully will get some decent bids on it.

Again, I thank you for your ideas. This is a great resource to get great information!

If you are going to do the auction item, put a Gift Card for a "Free" Cooking show, too. Have them call you for the info, but you can supply the recipe ingredients and paper goods for them (maybe some Crystal Light for a drink). They get even MORE product -- for free -- and you get a show!

Same here. I did not always remember to put something in the donation which would require the recipient to make a call to me. Now I make sure to include my Consultant Gift Certificates with each donation and a catalog with the current and up coming guest and host specials. I even offer to double the amount of the GC if they book a party with me. I have done only about 25 of these in 10 years but I got 7 bookings and several subsequent bookings from those parties so...

1. What types of donations does Pampered Chef typically provide for school auctions?

Pampered Chef is happy to provide a variety of donations, including gift baskets, kitchen tools, and cooking classes, to support school auctions and fundraising events.

2. Is there a specific process for requesting a donation for a school auction?

Yes, please fill out our donation request form on our website and allow at least 4-6 weeks for processing. We receive a high volume of requests, so we appreciate your patience.

3. Are there any specific requirements for the school or organization to qualify for a donation?

We prioritize donations for schools and organizations that align with our mission of promoting cooking and healthy living. We also require a valid tax-exempt ID number for donation requests.

4. Can donations be shipped directly to the school or organization?

Yes, we can ship donations directly to the school or organization. Please provide a valid shipping address when submitting your donation request.

5. Can donations be customized for a specific theme or event?

While we are unable to customize donations for specific events, we do offer a variety of products that can fit into different themes. Please let us know if you have a specific theme in mind when submitting your donation request.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bakinwithbacon
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lizcooks4u
  • thehaleykitchen