• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Donating to a Benefit Auction: How to Help

In summary, donations for benefit auctions can include gift baskets, gift cards, experiences, handmade items, and unique experiences. The items must be new and in good condition. Anyone can donate, not just consultants. Donations can be made through a Pampered Chef consultant, directly to the organization, or through a form on their website. Donations are tax-deductible and there are other ways to support the auction such as attending, bidding, spreading the word, or volunteering.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
I don't really know where else to post this, but I have a question. There is a benefit auction locally for a family. I would like to donate something for people to bid on, but I don't know what it is. What should I donate & how should I go about doing it? I've never donated to an auction before so I don't really know what to do.

Donated Once...I did an auction for our school one holiday. I made a variety basket & strink wrapped it w/ the following 4 cards. hope this helps give you some ideas. Make sure you get a letter from them as a thank-you which includes your donation cost for your taxes (deductable).:)

Attachments

• cards gift basket contents.doc
    59 KB · Views: 483
I will be doing something like this later in the year. I'm thinking of some inexpensive product (maybe the batter bowl w/the brownie mix in it), plus a GC for a free cooking show. That way, you can follow-up with the winner. A lot of charities will tell you who bought the item, if you ask nicely :)

If it's an affliation I"m affliated with many times I donate a $ 20.00 gift certificate; I provide all of my info. on the donation card, and/or it's transferred onto the certiciate info when they've received it. I know this can be expensive, but it gets my name out there and hopefully good leads too. :)

What types of items can I donate to a benefit auction?

We accept a variety of items for our benefit auctions, including gift baskets, gift cards, experiences (such as a cooking class or spa day), handmade items, and unique experiences. However, we ask that all donated items are new and in good condition.

Do I have to be a consultant to donate to a benefit auction?

No, anyone can donate to a benefit auction! We welcome donations from consultants, customers, and anyone who wants to support a good cause.

How can I donate to a benefit auction?

You can contact your local Pampered Chef consultant to make a donation, or you can reach out to the organization hosting the auction directly. We also have a form on our website where you can submit a donation request.

Can I receive a tax deduction for my donation?

Yes, Pampered Chef is a proud supporter of charitable organizations and we will provide a tax receipt for all donations made to our benefit auctions.

How else can I support a benefit auction besides donating an item?

If you are unable to donate an item, you can still support a benefit auction by attending and bidding on items, spreading the word to friends and family, or volunteering at the event. Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mylilchunkymonkey
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • thehaleykitchen
  • General Chat
Replies