• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Silent Auction Success: Donation and Description Ideas from Donna

In summary, people love baskets with a mix of items that have a retail value. They like to know what they're bidding on and include all the necessary information.
pccat
Gold Member
I have the opportunity to donate items to a silent auction. I would love ideas on what people would love to bid on and what to include in the description and the package. Thank you Donna:thumbup:

I guess I should have put I want to get bookings and use it to market myself.

I did three pampered chef baskets for a silent action. I did one with the martini glasses and the shaker. I did another with the snowman plates and platter with the appetizer cookbook. The last basket had thrice bucket, a bottle of wine and thedripless poured. I would write down the items and the retail value. I would also put a mini catalogue in it with your info. Good luck

Oh and I added a bottle of absolute raspberry vodka to the martini basket. There is a chocolate raspberry martini in the seasons best cb

You could do a package with maybe like a Mini-Baker, a few small tools, and a FREE show (where you provide ingredients)

I get one of those tool turn-about combos from the outlet and put a few other outlet items with it. Wrap it like an Easter basket.

I did a basket with all pantry items, tied it up like a easter basket and then put a tag with my name, title, phone number, and website. It was a huge hit!

All great ideas, love them all.

Depends on the crowd and how much you can afford to spend. But I always put a free show certificate and catalog in there. Make it pretty! Count the Free show ($15) in your value. I've also asked if I can put some of my business cards next to the basket for people to pick-up. I'll try to attach some of my certificates...

Attachments

• free cooking show certificate - dinnertime.doc
    26 KB · Views: 541
  • free cooking show certificate-express.doc
    356.5 KB · Views: 540
  • free cooking show certificate.doc
    64 KB · Views: 465
No matter what you decide to put in your basket, I have a couple of suggestions.First, make sure that your name is all over the stuff in that basket. Include a business card and put stickers on any recipes or cookbooks you include.Second, make a list of what's in your basket along with the retail value. Attach this to the outside of the basket. This way people will know what they're bidding on. Give an extra copy of that list to the person doing the auction. This makes it easier for them as they're doing the publicity.

I have done this too. I have never NOT been asked for the retail value so make sure you have all that info. The first couple I did, I used seperate items. But they did not go for as much as the retail value. But when I started using Gift Baskets, WOW! People just seem to love combinations of things not just seperate items. Never had a miss with our spices and I just offerend one with the two original sauces and the two Oil Dipping Spices. I included some recipe cards with alternative uses for the Oil Dipping Spices. I punched holes in them and tied them with a ribbon to the handle of the basket so people could read them. This way they knew they were getting a versitle product. I always include a Season's Best with my label in side the cover.

What type of products can I donate for a silent auction?

We suggest donating products that showcase the versatility and convenience of Pampered Chef products, such as kitchen tools, cookware, and cookbooks. You can also consider donating gift baskets or sets that feature a variety of our products.

Can I donate a Pampered Chef gift card for a silent auction?

Yes, you can donate a gift card that can be used towards any Pampered Chef purchase. This allows the winner to choose the products that best fit their needs and preferences.

Are there any restrictions on donating Pampered Chef products for a silent auction?

No, there are no restrictions on donating Pampered Chef products for a silent auction. However, we recommend checking with the event organizers to ensure they are able to accept certain types of donations.

Can I receive a tax deduction for donating Pampered Chef products for a silent auction?

As a consultant, you are not able to receive a tax deduction for donating Pampered Chef products. However, the winner of the auction may be able to claim the value of the donated product as a tax deduction.

Do you have any tips for promoting Pampered Chef products at a silent auction?

Yes, we recommend including informational materials and displays about Pampered Chef products alongside the donated items. You can also offer a brief demonstration or sample of the products to generate interest and showcase their quality.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sklay723
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • krahema
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
krahema
  • TheFreddiesCook