• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Put in a Silent Auction??

In summary, the mother is looking to put something in the silent auction that is being held on the night of the VIP show. The proceeds will be going to charity. She is considering putting in a gift certificate (not the one offered by PC) that is redeemable only thru her. If they redeem it they usually spend more than the cert. amount. She suggests a few Christmas decoration ideas that are also in the cn.
jodistrauss
:confused: My daughter is in The Nutcracker Ballet the week after Thanksgiving. I have been asked if I am interested in putting something in the silent auction that is being held on the night of the VIP show. This is a BIG night. The mayor of our town will be there as well as other political/famous people. I am looking to put in something really nice. The proceeds will be going to charity. Any ideas?????

A nicely decorated or filled Trifle Bowl!

Oooohh, is this at the Fox? I didn't know they did a silent auction. Good for you! Did they suggest a retail value?

btw, where in Atlanta are you? I'm @ 30 miles south of the airport.

I wish it was at the Fox. I live in Roswell so it is at the Cultural Arts Center. She dances with the Roswell Dance Theater.

That is still fantastic. Congratulations to your daughter, I actually like the local Nutcracker performances better than the professional ones.

I say a gift certificate (not the one PC offers but one you make) Redeemable only thru you.

If they redeem it they usually spend more than the cert. amount. I say the customer is responsible for shipping and tax on the front of the certificate so they know up front they have a little extra to pay for.

If they don't redeem it they group raised $$ & you are only out the catalog and the time to make the cert.

doi you have a big Lots near you?? This week they had gorgeous stationary, printed papers, business cards and certificate paper with gold foil for $2.00 I really stocked up

How about some of the Christmas decoration ideas that are in the cn?

they had the trifle bowl all decorated up, batter bowl with microfiber towel and other products in it.

Do you have any duplicates at home? I would try to make it look pretty to try to grab everyone's attention.

What Should I Put in a Silent Auction?

The answer to this question can vary depending on the specific event and audience. However, here are the top 5 items that are commonly put in a silent auction:

1. Are there any specific items that are popular for silent auctions?

Yes, popular items for silent auctions include gift baskets, unique experiences (such as a cooking class or wine tasting), vacation packages, and high-value items such as electronics or designer items.

2. How do I determine the value of the items for the silent auction?

The value of an item for a silent auction should be based on its market value or retail price. It is important to accurately assess the value to ensure fair bidding and successful fundraising.

3. Can I donate items from my own business to the silent auction?

Yes, donating items from your own business can be a great way to support the cause and showcase your products. Just be sure to follow any guidelines or restrictions set by the event organizers.

4. Are there any items that should not be included in a silent auction?

It is generally recommended to avoid controversial or potentially offensive items in a silent auction. Additionally, items that are perishable or have limited appeal may not be successful in generating bids.

5. How can I make my item stand out in the silent auction?

To make your item stand out, consider packaging it attractively, providing a detailed description or photo, and offering a unique or exclusive experience. You can also promote your item through social media or word of mouth to generate interest and increase bids.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • BadGirl
  • General Chat
Replies