• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Products Should I Choose for a Silent Auction?

In summary, the person is brainstorming ideas for what they should pick to auction off at their church's silent auction. They suggest small items that can be bought and given as a gift, such as a food chopper, small saute pan, and bowls. They also suggest items that can be used in the auction, such as a stone with handles, forged cutlery, and a mini serving spatula.
DebbieSAChef
Ok if you read the other thread about my exciting venture into PT consultant from hobby consultant you obviously are here to help me, so here we go!

That person who had a $500 show for me for her church silent auction has asked me to help her use her $140 in free stuff to pick out popular items that will be great for the auction.

So fellow cheffers I need your help. Help me brainstorm on what she should pick. Keep in mind she has $140 FREE products and this is for a silent auction next month. Give me some ideas and suggestions!!

I know we gotta include a Mix n chop, Food chopper...but what else??

Debbie :D

Stackable cooling rack, cookie cutters, ice cream scoop,finger guard, classic batter bowl .
this is what i can think of so far.
l monninger

could you make multiple little baskets? like a pizza one (stone and pizza cutter), quick dessert (stoneware fluted pan and a scoop), popular new products (mix 'n chop, trifle bowl), diet friendly (prep bowls, salad chopper) or salsa kit (salad chopper, batter bowl and quac mix), maybe a breakfast kit (8" exec pan and small mix 'n scraper for scrambled eggs), bakeware (torte pan set and decorator bottles), or easy appetizers (mini muffin pan, mini tart shaper and a cooling rack).

If you were going for one big on you could focus on entertaining with the appetizer plated and caddy set and trifle bowl and the EAD and something to serve with. or do a huge set with the best of the last year and do the trifle bowl, mix 'n chop, new round stone, green knives, salad chopper and 8" stainless or some combination of above...

just my 2 cents :)

If it's for a church, I think it's better to have a lot of items rather than one of two big ones. It's been my experience in churches that big items in a silent auction seldom bring the big value they should, while they may go over value if sold individually. The food chopper is about as high priced as as yous likely want, although, I might consider adding a small bowl caddy and bowls.

Small Bowl Caddy and bowls is a great idea! I know a lot of my customers comment on how cute it is, but won't buy it for themselves. But if it were an item up for auction to benefit a church, it would definitely attract second looks and bids.Mini and Large Serving Spatulas
Corn Set (corn butterer and 2 sets of corn cob nobs)
RUFTH Trivet

I agree with KG
I donated to our auction for 10 years and they'd never come close to product value so I switched about 5 years ago & give them a $40 or $50 gift certificate they'll dump $75 to buy it..... they don't want to spend $$ on what they already own but will give more to pick "FREE" when they redeem a certificateBut, if she wants to use her products I'd suggest small saute pan so they'll want more
3" forged cutlery
prep bowls
stone with handles

Teresa Lynn said:
I agree with KG
I donated to our auction for 10 years and they'd never come close to product value so I switched about 5 years ago & give them a $40 or $50 gift certificate they'll dump $75 to buy it..... they don't want to spend $$ on what they already own but will give more to pick "FREE" when they redeem a certificate

But, if she wants to use her products I'd suggest

small saute pan so they'll want more
3" forged cutlery
prep bowls
stone with handles
Oh, that's cruel. I LOVE it! What a great idea!

Large bar pan, crinkle cutter and spices.. call it the roast potato package.

Thanks!!Thanks for all the ideas. Thanks for that great advice KG, nothing really expensive just stick to small stuff!

Definitely want to put in a small saute pan, thanks Theresa.

One of the forged cutlery knives is a good teaser too!!

Small bowls and caddy, thanks Ann!

So far I have:

Food Chopper - $29.50
Small Executive Saute pan - $38.00
Small bowl caddy - $12.50
Small Bowls - $16.00
Mini Serving Spatula - $4.00
3" Petite Knife - $24.00 - or should I do the paring knife for $29.00?

And that will leave me with either $16.00 (petite) or $11.00 with the paring.

So should she do all one big Pampered Chef box of goodies or basket of goodies or should she do seperate little auctions?

I am doing a silent auction for my sons school. I am copying the "bakers delight" from our holiday mini catalog flyer. Also each class is doing a basket of their own. . .and of course my sons class was given "kitchen gadgets!" Wonder why? I am donating little things like a batter bowl, butter thingy, hold and slice, measuring spoons. . .things that I have duplicates of. The quick-stir pitcher, microfiber towl and some tea or some type of drink would be great also. Good luch and let us know how it goes!!

Some of the seasonings would be good, too. (And if she puts your label on the jar then you might get a reorder when the winner uses them up.) As far as bundling, I'd leave the large items "plain" - like the saute pan. But put the mini serving spatula with something else small. If nothing else, it'll look like a more significant thing to bid on.

I just had 2 entries in a silent auction.

One was a gift basket with lots of little gadgets - cut n seal, mini spatula, ice cream scoop, 29 Minutes to Dinner, I forget the exact list. Retail was over $100 and it went for around $40.

Salad & berry spinner plus a SBCB went for $60 (over retail).

Last edited:
Prep bowls, mini serving spatula, scraper-classic, lg round stone and rack, pizza cutter, spices, egg slicer plus

Ok here is my listOk I finally picked out a list because I am leaving in fifteen minutes to go close her show!

8" saute pan - $38.00
5" Utility knife - $32.00
Food chopper - $29.50
Small Mix n scraper - $11.50
Mix n chop - $9.00
All the Best - $14.75
Italian Seasoning Mix - $5.50

Grand total $140.25 plus she has 2 - 1/2 price items and a 25% discount.

Maybe they can do each of the three items seperate up top, and pair the others at the bottom together. I'll ask her what she thinks about the budget of the people coming. I am still hoping we get to $600, we'll see. She was hoping a couple more co-workers would order. I am grateful for the $500 though!!

Wow!!!Well I just got back from closing that show with my host and she got $700 in orders!! So she ended up with $215 in FREE products!! That's amazing!! :love:

So the fun thing is, she said "Pick what you think will be best and we can auction it off in lots!" So I am excited!! I will be placing those orders on PP but will be checking back here to see some more suggestions if you have any!!

$1200 in sales this month, not bad. The same host is doing another show next month because the place she works has a gazillion people who love PC. I think I might need to pamper her biz, but I don't know if they allow it! She also used to sell Tupperware, so I smell a recruit!!! :thumbup:

I would say a large round stone with handles - especially since it is on sale...or do the 1/2 price combo...

Church auction - sell the "family night" idea - make pizzas at home and watch a movie or play games together.

Regular scrapers - common NICE item.

Small serving spatula

Twixit-clips to add to bundles...

You could do a kid-friendly set...

Twixit Clips
Apple Wedger
My safe cutter
Citrus Peeler
Cut N Seal
Creative Cutters
Let's Eat Cookbook

Church = Families = something for them.

Great ideasThank you Janet!! Those sound great!! Who doesn't love pizza?

Well actually I don't!! LOL But my family loves it!

Kid friendly tools will be a big hit too. I love it!! I haven't even finished adding in all the orders. She gets something free doesn't she for having 12 or more buying guests this month?? Pizza cutter or something???

She is at 17 orders and counting.....

Pizza cutter free this month, so if you get a stone at 20% off + 25% off that makes a good set.

I'm done!!
janetupnorth said:
Pizza cutter free this month, so if you get a stone at 20% off + 25% off that makes a good set.

We ended up with 26 orders total!! So she is definitely getting that Pizza cutter!! Great idea Janet. What a great set!

Congrats Deb! Awesome picks too!

Awesome!! Double points, here comes Debbie!!

What are the top-selling products at Pampered Chef?

Our top-selling products at Pampered Chef include the Quick Cooker, Deluxe Air Fryer, Rockcrok Dutch Oven, Manual Food Processor, and Nylon Pan Scrapers.

Can you recommend some budget-friendly products for someone on a tight budget?

Absolutely! Some budget-friendly products at Pampered Chef include the Mix 'N Chop, Bamboo Spoon Set, Mini Nylon Serving Spatula, and Mini Measure-All Cup.

I have a small kitchen. What are some space-saving products that I can use?

We offer a variety of space-saving products at Pampered Chef, including the Stackable Cooling Rack, Collapsible Steamer, and Stackable Steaming Set.

Are there any products that are specifically designed for meal prep and planning?

Yes, we have several products that are perfect for meal prep and planning, such as the Salad Chopper, Meal Prep Containers, and Veggie Spiralizer.

I'm new to cooking. What are some essential products that I should have in my kitchen?

Some essential products for beginners at Pampered Chef include the Non-Stick Cookware Set, Garlic Press, and Cutting Board Set. We also offer a variety of cookbooks and guides to help you get started in the kitchen!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethanyN
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • thehaleykitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies